Most bang for the buck these days? (video cards)

atlas101

n00b
Just curious on your thoughts on what's the best bang for your buck considering power consumption but also best bang for the buck without worry of power consumption.

I see the new Gtx 1660Ti's have low power consumption and mine similar to that of a 1070.

What's your guys' take? Used/new opinions welcome as well. I.e (if you can find a card used at X price, it would be a great deal) - Seeing alot of 1080's going mid 3's these days.

A second vote for a 1070/1070ti. MSI gamer-x editions even turn off the fans entirely when not gaming. Now if you are gaming at 1440p, well id shoot for a 1080. My 1070 just barely fits the bill for 1440p, and id really like another 25-33% just so i could stay above 48fps on intense scenes.

1070 Ti, then 1070.

Have 16 1070s and 40 1070 Tis up, and the Ti's are consistently quicker at everything given same TDP (120w).

They even match the 1080s when the 1080 memory tweak tool isn't having an effect.

Been doing doing testing in the division 2. Ultra settings, fog set to medium(massive performance hit), 1440p, i benchmark and average 68fps with my 1070 gamer-x with a mild auto over clock.

I've been seeing good value with the RX570's that give you 2 or 3 free games.
They go for like $105

It comes down to your electric bill. I know guys paying $2000.00 a month for power. And AMD sucks a lot of power so I stay away from them.

The 1070 Ti is a slightly better bang for the buck than the 1070 or the 1660.

best cards withough regard for power consumption are firepro 700's, 900's or even the w7000 depending on algo. you can get nice density on very cheap mobos (8 gpus per on the 900's)

I went with 1070 Ti when I questioned this myself during Black Friday, not sure if the situation has changed a lot since regarding pricing but it runs games decently but I'm a 1080p/240Hz user though.

At least my card overclocked very well too, in fact so well it's the first time I stopped before I ran into the OC limits even. MSI 1070 Ti Armor 8G, very satisfied with the cooling/noise(fans stops at idle)/OC/price.

A second vote for a 1070/1070ti. MSI gamer-x editions even turn off the fans entirely when not gaming. Now if you are gaming at 1440p, well id shoot for a 1080. My 1070 just barely fits the bill for 1440p, and id really like another 25-33% just so i could stay above 48fps on intense scenes.

Been doing doing testing in the division 2. Ultra settings, fog set to medium(massive performance hit), 1440p, i benchmark and average 68fps with my 1070 gamer-x with a mild auto over clock.

I've been seeing good value with the RX570's that give you 2 or 3 free games.
They go for like $105

I went with 1070 Ti when I questioned this myself during Black Friday, not sure if the situation has changed a lot since regarding pricing but it runs games decently but I'm a 1080p/240Hz user though.

At least my card overclocked very well too, in fact so well it's the first time I stopped before I ran into the OC limits even. MSI 1070 Ti Armor 8G, very satisfied with the cooling/noise(fans stops at idle)/OC/price.

That's nice and all, but what does your gaming performance results have to do with cryptocurrency mining?

That's nice and all, but what does your gaming performance results have to do with cryptocurrency mining?

Ahh, didn't relealize which forum part this thread was in as I saw the topic without seeing the section it was in, without noticing that you could easily have thought it was about gaming performance. :p

Bang per buck - probably ASICs now except for coins still trying to be ASIC free. I am hoping Navi ups the game for Hash rate and power ratio.

Back