Most Annoying error I have...

DeViLdUdE

Gawd
is this "explorer.exe error" I got this error on my win 2k pro rig and now I have this on my new winXP pro rig too. What's the cause of this error and how do I fix it(just for the xp part win2k rig is my dad's so I don't care that much:D)?? It usually pops up when I browse my windows explorer to see my folders and hidden ;) files and normal files. So yeh any help are greatly appreciated. And yeh I googled it but can't find that much(sure there's a lot but not so so helpful).

That might be the most annoying error you have had, but let me tell you!!!!

My most annoying error ive had is the

Keyboard undetected, please press F2 to continue.

new_cussing.gif

Anyway, yea... sounds like eaither a virus or some spyware / malware.

I would bust out a good old full system scan using a antivirus and then ad-aware 6 with all updated files.

Also, on a side note............ do explorer crash on certain folders..... or on every folder....

Another thing to consider, if the above does not help... is use system restore and go to a point in time that explorer worked fine (assuming you use system restore).

~Hope this helps

First thanks for suggestions.. Well I do use Adaware and Spybot everyday so my comp is clean... as for virus scanner I don't have any Installed on both comp. I kind of got worried bout intalling one coz of what happened to PCcillin on my dad's comp(I deleted it) and If you guys know any virus scanners that won't install that much on a computer I'd like to know. I tried housecall but it makes me install something I cancelled coz I don't know what it is. Last thing what is Zone Alarm??
Again thx

Zone Alarm is a firewall.

Norton anti virus is the basic Run of the Mill antivirus software that the general public uses......... so far ive been happy with it.

There are other makers out there, but they can start to get pricey such as f-secure. Mcafree... or how ever its spelled... is another one, but i was disappointed with their older products.

Then of course you have your free antiviruses... never used them... such as AVG.

Back