Most annoying and cheapest FPS weapon/tactic ?

Mindoculus

Limp Gawd
we've all been through this: times when you can't beleive you died the way you
did. the weapon was either ridiculously strong or the tactic way too cheap.

i personally rave against the unarmed attacks in FEAR. they have a plasma-type
gun that you can survive a head shot from (!!!) if you have 100 health and 100 armor.
BUT a direct kick in the body or one rabbit punch can take you out !!!

i see guys silently run up to their opponents, literally rabbit punch them in the legs
or back (barely and slowly extending their arms out to execute a normal punch),
and kill them. so maddening !!

...has gotta be the guy with the redeemer who clears out the main room in deck 17. :mad:

- Dolphin-diving in BF2 before they "fixed" it.
- AWP
- That stupid splash-damage weapon in Halo (I forget the name but it's fire was green)

Zinn said:
...has gotta be the guy with the redeemer who clears out the main room in deck 17. :mad:
What about piston camping a portal? Redeemers can be stopped by an assault rifle, btw

The plasma gun's (green plasma) alternate fire in UT2004.
It is a laser that you just constantly keep on your enemy till they die.

I'm gunna have to go with CSS - Close range AWP

theres nothing i hate more.

BFG 10K in Quake III
BFG 10K in Quake II
BFG 10K in Quake I
ANY gun behind the teleporter in Quake III (the ones where you can see where you go. If you camp on the other side, they can't see you, and you can shoot them)

Close range AWP

DAO12 in BF2
APC (ESPECIALLY the linebacker) in BF2

Panzerfaust in Enemy Territory

As for tactics:

333fps bug in Quake III-engine based games

running over the bodies in BF2

solo helicoptering in BF2, switching between flying (with rockets) and attacking (with tv guided)

Bbq said:
BFG 10K in Quake III
BFG 10K in Quake II
BFG 10K in Quake I
ANY gun behind the teleporter in Quake III (the ones where you can see where you go. If you camp on the other side, they can't see you, and you can shoot them)

Close range AWP

DAO12 in BF2

As for tactics:

solo helicoptering in BF2, switching between flying (with rockets) and attacking (with tv guided)

Holee crap, dude. I'm surprised you play any games at all. :eek:

telefragging with the translocator in UT series...I hate getting killed like that, but I love to do it...I guess I'm just confused :D

Xephian said:
'Nade spamming in BF series.

Agreed in Karkand they just keep throwing grenades at the hotel taking out every person that spawns over and over while the support guys just keep feeding them ammo. It sucks the most on the Urban maps.

Most of the cheap weapons and tactics get patched over and nerfed sooner or later :/

this is more funny then annoying, but me and my buddies were just playing Heretic 2 LAN deathmatch :D

Morph-oven sometimes makes someone a giant chicken with 999 health that can 1 shot people... oh boy it's hilarious

this one time a guy shot me with an m16 in bf2 and it killed me thats so cheap! those things dont kill people in RL omg! i was so pissed.... :rolleyes:

Wildace said:
this one time a guy shot me with an m16 in bf2 and it killed me thats so cheap! those things dont kill people in RL omg! i was so pissed.... :rolleyes:

My sentiments exactly. ;)

AWP in CSS, Nade spamming in BF2 "should really limit nades to 1 nade a person", PPSh-41 in CoD2.

Aurora - Alphas in Command and Conquer generals.

Impossible to shoot down when on attack and deal major damage to your defenses or most important buildings. They kill your entire attacking force in one trip. :mad:

Tactic - Bunny Hopping, I hate when fuckers do that.

I mean, the ability to jump was put into games so that you could jump over stuff, not constantly hop around like a dumbass.

I'd love to see a fix where jumping actually started tiring your guy out so you could only do it so much in a row, and you started to move slower and jump lower after a while.

EDIT: Oh, another one. In BF2 where people C4 a vehicle, then jump out and detonate it when you are near it. That just pisses me off.

awp is balanced in css. Too much people complain about what a newb gun it is, when in reality those same people would go 0-20 with an awp.

NulloModo said:
EDIT: Oh, another one. In BF2 where people C4 a vehicle, then jump out and detonate it when you are near it. That just pisses me off.

And yet it happens quite a lot in real life... :p

Might as well throw out all of the various auto-aimers over the years on Counter Strike. Nothing like getting head shots through wooden doors while running at full speed.
There's also the old "paint your own AWP crosshair" trick for CS, too. One of my old roommates had a little sticker he'd spend 10 minutes lining up perfectly so could could run 'n gun with the AWP back in the early revisions of CS.

Rail gun in Red Faction 1+2, Could see and shoot through any map. I don't play it anymore because all my friends were tired of dying randomly 1 mile away from me. :)

I hate when people spawn camp in any game. Snipers piss me off until I find them and haunt them. The AWP is kind of ghey, until I start using it and raping the guy who just had to have it. Also the new "cartillery" feature in BF2 is ghey. I do like loading up a car with c4 and taking out tanks though, so satisfying.

CSS moveable objects like file cabinets, chairs, etc. People knock them over (think of the file cabinets near the terrorist spawn in cs_office), and even though they are very short when knocked over and could be stood on/ run over after jumping on them, you get either trapped or pushed back making you an easy target or completely blocking off the path.

It makes me want to scream.

You know what grinds my gears?

The HeavyWeapons Guy

With their 300AP... mowing down all the innocent engineers. Can't take 'em down unless you kami with an EMP or Rocket jump off their face:p

Bbq said:
BFG 10K in Quake III
BFG 10K in Quake II
BFG 10K in Quake I

Close range AWP

DAO12 in BF2

As for tactics:

hahahha I remember the panzerfaust in ET. These people think the AWP is gay, imagine an AWP with exploding bullets that you can fire perfectly accurately from midair.

Back