Most amazing craigslist find ever!!!

I have a set of Klipsch ProMedia Ultra 5.1's in my basement that the amp blew out on (again) but don't have the heart to get rid of them yet. I dont know if I will ever fix the amp, but I always have that "maybe someday" attitude about it.

I am using some M-Audio av40's I picked up for free. They sound ok, but don't have the impact of the old Klipsch set.

I loved my av40s.

I have fond memories of my friends Pro Media 4.1 setup but by the time I could afford the 5.1 they were gone, couldn't get them anywhere in NZ so had to settle for the Logitech Z5500.
When I had more $$ I decided to try and replicate the Promedias and got the Klipsch Quintet with a Klipsch 10" sub paired with a Yamaha RX-V361 but as you say, replicating the Promedias will cost a bunch, and it did.

here is my $125 computer speaker setup... granted $10 ~ more than those klipsch but...

$75 Sony ES Stack (1/2 sale at goodwill.. did have to spent $15~ on a lamp kit as meter lamps not working when I got this).
$50 Yamaha NS-344 speakers..

This setup can and will piss of the neighbors pretty easily ... but also while being large and heavy sounds great.. since I pretty much mostly just listen to music at the computer a 2 channel setup is what I want..

tan77es_ns344_2.jpg

Back