Most aesthetically appealing Video Cards of All Time?

IMG_20150327_021457869_zpsxvemi2po.jpg

Used this card up till i went with x58 platform with pic express.....just cant seem to part with it even though its ancient and worthless by today's standards...but it was my proudest agp card and got my moneys worth of use out of it.....and to be honest i always thought it was a sweet looking card so ill just keep it on display to bring back those sweet memory's

I had one of those. I wouldn't say aesthetically appealing as much as 'low octane nightmare fuel.' wtf is that thing with the glasses?

I agree. I think the original Titan was way better looking than the X and the 690 was the best looking of the three.

I think XFX makes some classy looking cards too
$_86.jpg

Bump because this is a great thread that needs some updating with all the nice looking GPUs we've had over the past few years, and because it looks like Nvidia copied this design with their RTX FEs.

This was the last AGP card I ever owned and thought it looked damn good too!!! Gainward 6800GT 256Mb AGP 8X.

Attachments

• gainward-6800gt-front.jpg
    gainward-6800gt-front.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 0
I have that 9700pro version of that Tyan Tachyon. I bought it based off a review here in Hard|OCP. I still have it in my collection.

what all else you got in your collection anyhow?

Actually gonna say the Radeon VII. Super clean, minimal and modern design. I was hoping it was a sign of things to come with subsequent AMD reference cards. (but I still like the look of the 5700 XT Anniversary nevertheless)

I like the more modern clean looking cards. But honestly I don't care since I ripping it off and putting a water block on them which look far more sexy compared to any stock cooler.

Honestly, none of that really old shit really looks all that appealing. Most of it looks as dated as it really is.

Among the older cars that do look good are the Titan X and Titan Xp cards.

ADRA_131409119221213988TUfl8vohjP.jpg

I like the simple and generally clean lines of these cards.

An honorable mention goes out to the GeForce 9800GX2.

gf_9800gx2_product_shot1.jpg

For newer cards, I think the GIGABYTE RTX 2080 Ti Aorus Xtreme 11G is one of the most visually striking of them I've seen in awhile.
201907121427155354ca811c7e5f759a2b6c504f1ffc6ab0_big.png

Here is one in action. This is in my own personal machine.
ivfQaqTl.jpg

The MSI RTX 2080 Super Gaming X-Trio also looks damn good as well. Brent reviewed one here.

3-3-1024x820.png

tbh I liked the looks of original founders edition cards (gtx 690?) when they came out. Everything else at the time looked like a clown show or had too much going on.

Not even the nVidia GeForce FX 5800 Ultra w/ Green Translucent Shroud ?? :(

don't do this to me :(

That one is alright, but the bulk of the older cards typically have small and uninspiring cooling, green, orange or brown PCB's, huge components and just aren't all that pleasing to look at aesthetically.

Reactions: erek
like this
Still like the look of my old X1900XTX.

X1900XTX.jpg

I would throw it in my PC now just to see if I could get it working on Win10 and see how it handles new games, hah.. but no DVI or DVI to HDMI/DP adapters that I can find for my monitor. That card ran BF2 and FEAR maxed out pretty well though for sure at 1280x1024.

I realize nostalgia may play a role in this, but I've always been a fan of the 7950 GX2. The 9800 GX2 and GTX 295 didn't quite have the same "wow" factor with the PCBs being hidden by the shroud. Of course it's a design failure with one card being completely choked for airflow, but this was a decent idea at the time when card TDPs were much lower. It's truly unique.

$.jpg

SNyZQQj

XFX R9 290X Black DD Edition

I had a 280X version of this card. While they looked nice, the fans were garbage. I had to replace both of mine several times due to bearing failures. The card eventually died completely and I got an RX 570 as a replacement from XFX which was nice.

Even though I have a hard on for the Radeon Vii, the 2060 wins this easily. The current founder cards are quite remarkable as they are however the 2060 line features power connectors on the posterior of the card. This makes for a completely seamless build and allows the card to be viewed without interruption.

2060SuperFE_5.jpg

Even though I have a hard on for the Radeon Vii, the 2060 wins this easily. The current founder cards are quite remarkable as they are however the 2060 line features power connectors on the posterior of the card. This makes for a completely seamless build and allows the card to be viewed without interruption.

View attachment 200618

industrial design home run.

Back