Most aesthetically appealing Video Cards of All Time?

erek

[H]F Junkie
What is the best looking video cards of all time?

I prefer so far the NVIDIA GeForce FX 5800 Ultra/128MB and the AMD Radeon HD 2900 XT (512-bit memory interface)

lFK9BD0.jpg

HiObQc1.jpg

Really? That silver rim on an otherwise all black shroud reminds me waaaaaaaaaaaay too much of ricer rims LOL

The original Titan's blower was much better, but I find the 690 to be more aesthetically pleasing still.

AMD 7970s with EK blocks

Nvidia 580s with DangerDen all copper blocks.

Personally i'll take the blackout blocks over copper but the copper blocks did look cool with my red lighting as they would turn red.

Well if we're gonna go naked cards, I think Asus' version of the 295X2 -- the ROG Ares III is just :eek: when you remove the waterblock:

card.jpg

:D

The Ares III is an amazing card for sure. But if we are going to go with partner creations then this wins in my book:

Powercolor Devil 13 290X

FujWhGS.jpg

8GvExoo.jpg

Guys, clearly the winner is that HIS custom card

HIS-Radeon-R9-280-IceQ-X2-OC-3-GB-GDDR5_Official_6-635x515.jpg

HIS card: Don't hate me because I'm beautiful.

I would have to say the GTX970/980/Titan coolers and prior models with similar coolers are the best constructed, and great to look at. They work quite well too. I have 2 980s in SLI reference which I wouldnt trade for any other cooler.

Well if we're gonna go naked cards, I think Asus' version of the 295X2 -- the ROG Ares III is just :eek: when you remove the waterblock:

card.jpg

Have to go with the Ares also, WHOA!

Since we ended up going naked, which is surprising to me ... I will have to allow for this non-reference design

Galaxy GeForce GTX 460 2WIN

lGoHnrj.jpg

I like the reference setup for OEM R9 270 cards:

AMD-R9-270-Curacao-Pro-Graphics-Card.jpg

Similar aesthetic to the reference blower, but something about the way this is set with the fan in the middle instead of on the edge appeals to me.

I actually have one in a system right now.

Coolest looking IMO is 295X2 with Aquacomputer nickel block + Aquacomputer active backplate

But I'm probably biased

in my opinion.. Galaxy GTX 780 HOF.

HOFF-FRONT-3.jpg

Galaxy-GeForce-GTX-780-Ti-HOF-6GB-GDDR5-(78XRH5DV8PXV)-PCB.jpg

And the almighty GTX 780TI HOF V20

GALAXY-GeForce-GTX-780-Ti-HOF-V20-635x392.jpg

EK-FC780-GTX-Ti-HOF-V20_full1_1200.jpg

EK-FC780-GTX-Ti-HOF-V20_full2_1200.jpg

i still have my ago evga 6800 ultra up on a display....just didn't have the heart to toss it

This is the greatest video card ever created:

bxh4esR.jpg

The Jazz Multimedia Bonny & Clyde. Possibly the only card ever to come with both AGP and PCI connectors! Just flip the card 180 degrees and switch the jumper, and you can swap AGP - PCI :D

Back, where the card is signed:

sXcdfNj.jpg

Could you imagine having that thing in your case? That exposed edge connector screams ESD magnet. And you have all the inconvenience of swapping the backplate from one end to the other. But hey, at least it looks cool!

Last edited:
The Matrox Parhellion always had a nice design in my humble opinion :

That was a nice design. Plus, cool feature, first card I recall seeing that supported 3-screen gaming off of a single card, way before AMD and NVIDIA managed it.

I would say the VooDoo 5 6000, but it was ugly as fuck. All the 700+ NVidia ref models look nice.

Really? That silver rim on an otherwise all black shroud reminds me waaaaaaaaaaaay too much of ricer rims LOL

The original Titan's blower was much better, but I find the 690 to be more aesthetically pleasing still.

I agree. I think the original Titan was way better looking than the X and the 690 was the best looking of the three.

I think XFX makes some classy looking cards too
$_86.jpg

10114253269l.jpg

Last edited:
I haven't used Nvidia cards for a couple of generations now, but in the looks department I gotta hand it to the amazing reference cooler they have been using since the 7xx cards.

nvidia_geforce_gtx_780-3qtr_medium.png

full-cover waterblocks win over anything else. Only the ref coolers on the NV 680 and 780 come close.

§kynet;1041501296 said:
It's not even close

QDLOlLO.jpg

That's a classic Loch Ness Monster photo you got here.

Difference between this and the Bonny and Clyde: you could actually BUY and USE Bonny and Clyde to play games :D

But Rendition v2200 does lose massively in BungholioMark 2001 !

Back