Mortal Online, Anyone play? Free 14-day trial, UO style mmo using UE3 engine.

Stiler

[H]F Junkie
Got an email that they were having a July special with 30% off the price (making it just under 25 usd or so).

I haven't played since early beta but never got around to much since my old computers video card conflicted with the game and the price at release was a bit high for me.

However now seems like a great time to jump in with the game, maybe try the trial out first then jump in if I like it.

They just released a big update called Dawn, which added in a whole gene type of system for mounts and animal breeding, along with combat tweaks/archery, etc.

Few videos with an overview:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxxFoHKqq0c&feature=channel_video_title"]YouTube - ‪Mortal Online - Nave Guide E02 - Basic Mechanics‬‏[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpRWt1BoniI&feature=channel_video_title"]YouTube - ‪Mortal Online - Mount Equipment Teaser‬‏[/ame]

I completely forgot about this game. This looks really good!

I think I may try it just due to it being in the First Person. The vastness of the setting seems very well done.The only mmo that really immersed me was AOC. Now that that is F2P, I do not think I will have much time for this, but we shall see.

How were the combat mechanics? I read that many people still find it very buggy.

Last edited:
My first forum post was about mortal online. I was a lurker for many years due to the restriction on email accounts and me being lazy about it, but the potential of this game was too much to let go un-noticed. My wife still remembers me busting out laughing once I logged on to the game only to be stuck halfway in the ground with some characters dong in my face taking up the whole screen. Not sure if they start your characters with clothes now lol.

Sadly I never ended up playing the game besides a few weeks of the beta. I do have a metal boxed copy of the game though. One very shitty move was that the company started everyones free month the day the game was released and not when you registered your copy. At any rate I am glad they are still around. It is a massivly hardcore full loot PVP game and was a lot of fun for the small time I was able to play.

I've been playing the trial he last day and a half. It's loads better then when I played in the beta early last year, tons of guides and help to get you started.

Back