Mortal Kombat X Release Date Confirmed

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment announced on Friday that Mortal Combat X will be hitting the shelves on April 14th next year. Goro returns as a perk for those of you predisposed to pre-ordering your games. :cool:

The coming game features some new quirks, including multiple fight styles for each combatant, selected before a match begins, and an online play-focused experience that pushes everyone toward taking on other human players.

Who pre-orders games 8 months in advance? This basically gives them 8 months to collect interest on your money.

Goro will be cool. The only think I didn't like about the last one was how the fatalities all used the same body axises (sliced vertically, head removed, etc.)

kind of disappointed to see that they are bringing Goro back after the last game. They wanted to start a much larger clean slate with the new storyline started in 9, and X is supposed to introduce the largest new cast of the series, and they end up bringing back a sub boss as a character.

Never thought I'd see Mortal Kombat still making games when my kids are almost old enough to play them....

Wish they'd bring back NBA Jam on Console!

Who pre-orders games 8 months in advance? This basically gives them 8 months to collect interest on your money.

I do, from Amazon. Not a dime is paid until the game ships, and if I decide I want to cancel it then it's no skin off my back. No interest collected, I get the game Day 1 if I decide it continues to look worthy of doing so, and I still collect preorder bonuses. For me it's a win/win situation. If you're preordering from GameStop or Steam, though, then you have a point.

Basically nowadays there are "pre-orders" and "pre-purchases."

You actually do "pre-purchases" on Steam and they are labeled as such, you can't "pre-order" on Steam.

To show your support of a certain game. Other games are not so popular and preording shows the developers their game may have a future. Also game stores may get less popular games if you preorder.
I remember Otogi myth of the demons was a game that the game store near me was not going to by at all. They told me if I preordered it they would buy one. I did, and they had...one.

Never thought I'd see Mortal Kombat still making games when my kids are almost old enough to play them....

Wish they'd bring back NBA Jam on Console!

They do have it on the consoles. It is a few years old now but it was on the PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii. Came out Nov 2010. Year later they released an updated version NBA Jam: on fire for the xbox 360 and PS3.

Back