Morrowind Overhaul 3.0 mod

Thanks man!

Coincidentally Morrowind is currently 50% off on Steam Mid Week sales :D

Been waiting for this to come out. Not sure when I'll ever have time to get back into Morrowind, but I really want to.

If anyone gets time to load this up and take it for a spin, please post your impressions!

Nice, I also tried out the 2nd version and was rather impressed.

Yeah, I had a lot of fun with version 2. Maybe the morrowind to skyrim engine port will go well.

Yeah, I had a lot of fun with version 2. Maybe the morrowind to skyrim engine port will go well.

Eh, I feel like the Skyrim engine is quite inefficient. My modded Oblivion looked better than Skyrim with the 2K HD texture pack, and ran about 10x better. I'm not sure what it is, but I feel like Skyrim is pretty "meh" in a lot of areas.

Eh, I feel like the Skyrim engine is quite inefficient. My modded Oblivion looked better than Skyrim with the 2K HD texture pack, and ran about 10x better. I'm not sure what it is, but I feel like Skyrim is pretty "meh" in a lot of areas.

must be a an AMD vs. Nvidia thing. Oblivion was much worse for me. 3 NPCs on a screen killed it.

I don't know why, but I didn't play Skyrim more then a few hours. I just couldn't get into the game no matter how hard I tried and I LOVED both Morrowind and Oblivion. I probably have at least 200 hours in each of those games, but probably less then 10 hours in Skyrim. Not sure why...:confused:

I don't know why, but I didn't play Skyrim more then a few hours. I just couldn't get into the game no matter how hard I tried and I LOVED both Morrowind and Oblivion. I probably have at least 200 hours in each of those games, but probably less then 10 hours in Skyrim. Not sure why...:confused:

It isn't that good.

loved morrowind might have to dig it out install some mods and have at it again. Game really is a gem that even now is fun to play so many years later.

I bought the game during the summer sale but have never played it. I just installed this mod and started to play the game.

There doesn't seem to be a save game option, is something wrong with my install or is that just the game?
EDIT: Never mind, I had not progress far enough in the game to save. :eek:

The mod looks great, the outdoor scenes really bring my 465 to its knees.

Last edited:
Looks awesome. Been meaning to play that game for around 2 years now but never have gotten around to it. 3.0 will definitely give me a new reason to install when it comes out...

I bought the game during the summer sale but have never played it. I just installed this mod and started to play the game.

There doesn't seem to be a save game option, is something wrong with my install or is that just the game?
EDIT: Never mind, I had not progress far enough in the game to save. :eek:

The mod looks great, the outdoor scenes really bring my 465 to its knees.

I think with v2 of this mod I was able to keep a pretty steady 30fps at least, and that was with the view distance cranked up a good bit. Not sure what other goodies the 3rd version has added, but I'm planning on installing it when I get home from vacation tomorrow.

I LOVED Morrowind back in the day.

Going to try this out and play through again.

Did they change the opening scene in this game? My modded Morrowind completely changed the start of the game for the better.

The only issue is it took so long to download/organize everything and install it(http://www.somethingfornobody.com/2011/morrowind-modding-guide/)

Might try this, but I don't think my saves will work.

I don't think so, I know at least with v2.x you started out on the boat just like vanilla. What mod changed the opening that you used, and what did it change exactly? After skimming that install guide it looks like most of the cosmetic mods are what's already included in the Overhaul Mod.

I recently tried Morrowind but the amount of reading and the odd resolutions did my head in. I'll give it another go in winter

I don't think so, I know at least with v2.x you started out on the boat just like vanilla. What mod changed the opening that you used, and what did it change exactly? After skimming that install guide it looks like most of the cosmetic mods are what's already included in the Overhaul Mod.

I'm not exactly sure to be honest. It's somewhere in there though, there was also one that changed the dungeon at the end of the main quest. Well there were two and I accidentally had both activated so I had to kill 2 Ash Vampires and it didn't work at all. There was some stuff added to Redoran as well and I was so confused why it wasn't in the official guide book :p

The jerky/laggy/stuttering from the Youtube videos does not represent the graphics on someone with a good rig, right?

I'd love to see a fix to the animations, otherwise I'd try it.

The jerky/laggy/stuttering from the Youtube videos does not represent the graphics on someone with a good rig, right?

Honestly, the gameplay itself was never that great in Morrowind. The combat is pretty much a joke, animations are kinda funny sometimes. The biggest part is the lore and just general feeling in this game.

I recently tried Morrowind but the amount of reading and the odd resolutions did my head in. I'll give it another go in winter

The mod adds proper support for higher resolutions than the original game allowed. I would definitely say it looks very nice with the higher resolutions and improved visuals.

There was only minimal hitching with v2 on my current rig that I can remember.

There is also a mod for improved animations in that modding guide posted above. I'm not sure if they are included as part of the overhaul mod, I'll download this newest version once I get home and give it a shot and report back.

Now I am interested in Skywind. I just wish there was information on how far along in release it is.

The only issue I have with Skywind is that we will be forced to give up the extremely functional UI and menu system of Morrowind in favor of the late term abortion that is Skyrim's UI.

AFAIK, source code would be needed to convert the UI to the Morrowind one, or a close approximation.

Having ALL of your windows open at once in Morrowind was a nice perk.

Skywind is a fan-made Morrowind remake in the Skyrim Engine and now the 70-plus person team behind the mammoth mod has released its first dev diary detailing the sorts of enhancements its making to Bethesda's 2002 open-world epic...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJwpaVwOaHM#t=0

:eek:

Subscribed! I am so following the progress of this mod. Morrowind is my favourite Elder Scrolls, except the clunky combat kind of prevents me from starting it again (for the hundreth time). The time it take to level up your skills that you stop missing hits 9/10 times takes way too long. :D

The only issue I have with Skywind is that we will be forced to give up the extremely functional UI and menu system of Morrowind in favor of the late term abortion that is Skyrim's UI.

True. Though mods like SkyUI vastly improve it its still horrid.

Sweet! I'll have to try this out. I still haven't played Morrowind; Oblivion was the first one I played, and I loved it. After 450 hours in Skyrim, I'm ready for something new (or possibly old).

My main reason for not wanting to play ES3 was that the graphics just looked way too old. If this mod makes it look playably decent, that would be awesome!

I just wonder with Skywind (which looks amazing) will they be porting the Morrowind combat system or going with a Oblivion/Skyrim approach?

The main difference was that in Morrowind there was a "to hit" die roll for combat, so visually if you saw your sword hit someone, it still could "miss" and this created a bit of a disconnect betweent he player/game world, one of the reasons they changed it in the later games.

If they use the Skyrim engine, they will use the Skyrim combat. Same as Morroblvion.

Is there any way to scale the UI? It's extremely small at 2560x1440 :(

I'm not aware of any way to scale the UI, but you can use the Morrowind Code Patch to align the UI elements to pixel boundaries, which makes it considerably sharper. It helps with readability and general usage.

Back