More Xbox 360s Dec. 22nd

Got One!
PGR3 COD2 and PDZ nice!
I have been playing it all day, I like how they preload some music onto it.
Unwritten law is a fav band o mine and its cool that they have a song of theirs.
Also the Graphics are outstanding, COD2 was dissapointing but PDZ and PGR made my day.

First of all, I would like to thank everyone here and at fatwallet that convinced me to go to BB today, because I am now the proud owner of an Xbox 360.

Now, here's the story.....

I had not even planned to go out and get a 360 this morning, but could not sleep this morning so I decided to go stand outside at about 6am. I arrived a little before 6:30 am expecting to see somebody in line. There was no one. So, i went to the door and began to wait until 8am (note: It was about 10 degrees out and dark, and I was freezing). At this point I began to wonder if I was waiting for nothing. Around 6:45 an employee came out to smoke, and of course I asked him if they got any 360s. He answers with a sarcastic "maybe", which I understood as yes. About 7 am a few mothers started showing up and we all were talking, since we knew why everyone was there this early (all of these nice people were there to buy a system for their kids, no ebayers). One mother said she has a relative that works at the BB and had called her the night before, saying to get there at 7 because they had gotten in 28 premiums that were to be sold today. Finally, I had a definite yes that this BB had some. The line slowly grew until 7:50 when an employee came out and announced they had 26 units, all premiums, and handed out tickets(I was proud to be #1!). He was able to give a ticket to everyone that was standing in line, but ran out when some individuals came from hibernation inside their cars. As soon as the tickets were handed out, they opened the doors a little early and let us in. After 5 minutes I was walking back out of the store with a Premium, a copy of Madden, and a HUGE smile. Right now I am enjoying a couple of games while I defrost for the next few hours.

I have to say, this was a fun experience, despite the cold, and have nothing to say but THANKS to all of the individuals here that brought this information to light. I just hope everyone that stood outside in the cold was able to get one.

Zero

My local BB was being hella ninja about the whole ordeal and telling people they wouldn't have them until after the first of the year over the phone, the guy in store said no one was supposed to know about this (last night) Props to my mom for being the first in line for me this morning (she only went 2 hours early too!) so I didn't have to be late to work!

According to my friend who works in Media there, they got 32 consoles.

Edit: I got premium, but It didn't come with the remote :(

diehard said:
Got one here too, WHOOT WHOOT! I am now having an extremely hard time opening the VGA cable box, and im too lazy to go upstairs and get scissors.

Edit: Oh wow, microsoft went the extra mile and included the RCA to headphone adaptor and a VGA gender changer.

yeah man, i was very suprised and very happy when i found those little gems in the box

Yeah, someone in line said MS was mad that BB announced the 18th release so BB wasn't supposed to announce this release.

Stupendous said:
Yeah, someone in line said MS was mad that BB announced the 18th release so BB wasn't supposed to announce this release.

I got that impression from the flyer. I noticed how they said "IF the units arrive on Wed, sell them on Thurs." I think that was BBs way of being stealthy about it. They probably figured their employee flyer would leak again.

Keep 'em comin boys! Great reading in this thread.

Stupendous said:

BB didn't go out of its way to 'announce' the 18th. An insider newletter from BB was leaked to the xbox.com forums and it picked up speed fast. This was leaked about 2.5 weeks before the 18th and basically it spread over the net to IGN, Gamespot etc..etc... and only then did BB come out and announce the 18th.

They did it so everyone would have a fair chance at them. Imagine if they ran the 18th ad, some soccer mom reads it, rushs down to BB only to find 50 people in line. When she asks BB, "How did they know about it." BB, "Oh it was leaked on the internet for weeks." That mom would have a FIT and say , "Why did you wait to run the ad to the rest of the world if you knew it was leaked. Thats simply bad business and unfair."

BB would have gotten bad press if they didn't come out and even the odds to those that don't lurk forums.

WOO HOO... My brother works a block from our BB, so I made him go back at lunch to see if maybe then had gotten any since they opened. He didn't see any and I told him to ask when the truck was coming in. He was standing there playing the CoD demo and an employee started talking to him about how sweet it was. The guy talked to him for a while and then asked him if he wanted one. heheheh... My brother was like, yeah I came here to see if you had one. Cha ching.. Can't wait to get off work now.... its a beer and Xbox night tonight.

yup, the [H] intel was right, when I got to my local best buy this morning 15 minutes before open I was number 10 in line, and there were 15 total units availible. 15 minutes of camping, and I now have an xbox360 to call my own. :D

Now if I didn't have to be at work today so I could enjoy the blasted thing! gah!

I opted to just get the console, a year of live, and the VGA cable so I could connect it to the second input on my ViewSonic 19" widescreen. I have halo and halo 2 to play through in high definition so I can wait till after christmas for additional games.

I have to say I miss NJ just for the fact that I had 3 BB's on my way to work. Now I am here in Geramny and I will have to wait till there is enough supply to be on online stores, I am not a big fan ox xbox but will get it jsut for the wow factor. Anyway, I dont like any of the launch games, maybe COD2

Dosomo said:
Got one!

I live in Memphis and we have 2 BestBuys here. I arrived at the one near me at about 7:42am and there were 15 people standing in line outside the door. When they opened the door there was a guy handing out tickets. I was number 16 and got a Premium system. :D

The guy probably had like 10 tickets beyond me, and only a couple of people behind me were in line for one. They then led us all to the games section of the store and another employee asked us if we would like to purchase any games or accessories along with our systems. A few people picked up games, the rest of us headed back to the front for our 360's. So, yay!

Also, on a down note, i had family waiting in line at the other BB in town. They were number 2 and 3 in line, but when the manager opened the store he told them that they sold their shipment of 360's last night. He even admitted that they weren't supposed to, and said someone else dropped the ball. Everyone standing outside that BB was pissed. Man, i am glad i live near the other one.

Good one Dosomo, I live in Memphis as well and reside near the BB on Riverdale. Just so happens my boss was at BB yesterday and said they were selling 360's. I didn't believe him as I knew they were supposed to be sold today. So, after work I headed over there and to my suprise they were selling units. I snatched a premium system and NBA 2k6 (stunning player models, everything else in game is like last-gen). Sucks for people who were thinking they were only going to be sold today. The BB team are true rape artists.

Got one. :D

After seeing the post here on [H], I decided to stop in to a BestBuy on my way to work this morning for the heck of it... no lines, place was already open. Asked at the door, and got shepherded. Got #27 in the store. This was about 8:15-30 in Worcester, MA.

Now for the $1M question, when is DOA4 shipping?!?!?! :(

Looks like I will be getting my own (already bought a core for my brother) next year. :(

canislupy said:
Got one. :D

After seeing the post here on [H], I decided to stop in to a BestBuy on my way to work this morning for the heck of it... no lines, place was already open. Asked at the door, and got shepherded. Got #27 in the store. This was about 8:15-30 in Worcester, MA.

Now for the $1M question, when is DOA4 shipping?!?!?! :(

DOA4 is set to be sold on the 28th.

By the way, GRATS to all that got a 360. Good things come to those that wait!

kids dont have to be in school here until 10:30 because of the transit strike so on a whim i got him up early (i get home from work at 6am) to take a ride down to the bb on staten island, the only bb for a borough of 400,000 people. got there at 6:45, and there were 2 people. we got on line and kept on letting people go ahead of us. bb had put a little sign on the door saying they had 34 premium system, everyone over number 34 go home (nice of them) so we got back to about number 30 (to give us more time to off the vouchers). people were driving by on their way to other places and spotted the line, jumped on. they handed out vouchers at about 8:30, 30 min before openning. more people were showing up. we made it known that our vouchers were available, some guy and his wife offered us $550 for both vouchers. so we made $550 in long green for standing in line 2 hours, on the 18th the kid who waited with us on line made $400 for standing there for 15 hours. i will kick in a couple hundred and now my son will get a gibson sg classic for christmas, along with his xbox360.
thanks microsoft
thanks bb

Why wait when you could have guzzled Mountain Dew and gotten one for free? :p

On the subject of DoA 4, god I want it!

d7.jpg

Columbia, SC Harbison Blvd. Best Buy

Got there at 6:45, was second in line. They got 8 premiums. There were actually exactly 8 people in line when they handed out the vouchers at about 7:45.

Thanks for the info!

DOA4 will rock, but I can't wait for Ninety-Nine Nights and Gears of War. Check these screenies ...

In game screen shots

Ninety-Nine Nights

ninety360.jpg

nnn1.jpg

nnn2.jpg

Gears of War

xbox360_gears_02.jpg

gearsofwar_1.jpg

I wish I could've seen this yesterday. I bet they're all gone by now.

lock112 said:
Good one Dosomo, I live in Memphis as well and reside near the BB on Riverdale. Just so happens my boss was at BB yesterday and said they were selling 360's. I didn't believe him as I knew they were supposed to be sold today. So, after work I headed over there and to my suprise they were selling units. I snatched a premium system and NBA 2k6 (stunning player models, everything else in game is like last-gen). Sucks for people who were thinking they were only going to be sold today. The BB team are true rape artists.

Congrats on your new system. Yeah, i live over by the Wolfchase store. My mom and dad were the family members waiting at the Riverdale store this morning. They weren't happy when they found out BB sold them last night, but i told them i went by my store last night, just in case of that very thing. I guess i should have called and told them to give the Riverdale store a look last night too. Oh well, i will bring mine over on Christmas so my brothers can play it. That is, if this work day will ever end! ;)

I've a similar story here. We went around 10 this morning to the local BB and at the door the employee asked if he could help us with anything. He found out we were after a 360 and he said they had 1 left, and directed us to the checkouts where it was sitting waiting for us. So we purchased it and we're now a happy 360 box owner.

He did say the Goodyear AZ store still had 12 left, this was at 1030am though.

Hope to see you all in the games soon!

First post!

&Z

D'oh!!!

Come to find out... after mentioning to my friends that I nonchalantly walked into a BB this morning and bought an Xbox 360 they nearly lynched me. Apparently they all pitched in and bought me one for Christmas, and went through hell to get one! :eek:

I am... an idiot... so I thought I'd pass it along for your amusement... boy do I feel like a jackass... with really, really cool friends I don't deserve. :(

Anyone know when he next shipment might be coming in? I heard something about the 28th?

canislupy said:
D'oh!!!

Come to find out... after mentioning to my friends that I nonchalantly walked into a BB this morning and bought an Xbox 360 they nearly lynched me. Apparently they all pitched in and bought me one for Christmas, and went through hell to get one! :eek:

I am... an idiot... so I thought I'd pass it along for your amusement... boy do I feel like a jackass... with really, really cool friends I don't deserve. :(

HaHa. well you can just ebay 1 xbox360 and make a small profit too.

canislupy said:
D'oh!!!

That'd make me feel really awful...

I'd sell it on Ebay and buy them all something.

I waited outside for 5 hours, and employees started going in, it was really funny. they kept asking what I was doing outside, I kept telling them I needed a new mousepad really bad. It was super cold, but finally it was about 15 minutes before openening when a guy came out and was like, I hope your not waiting for an Xbox360 because we dont have any.... and all the employees came out and started laughing at me and spitting on me. Throwing empty boxes, and old Bestbuy ads at me.... it was really depressing.

no it didnt happen,. but it would suck if it did.

Sigh, as my luck would have it, all is not good in new 360ville.

Dead NIC :(

Xav said:
Sigh, as my luck would have it, all is not good in new 360ville.

Dead NIC :(
Do you have the $99 wireless adapter plugged into it? The adapter might be screwd. My ethernet works just fine. If you have to, M$ will replace your 360. They're being really nice this time around, from what I've heard.

Yeah it's toasty. The self test is coming up notta, not getting an IP and MS is going to overnight the box to me. I don't have the wireless adapter.

Bummer, but like you said MS is being solid about taking care of the issue.

Thats good of them. About that wireless adapter: it's way overpriced. Just like the HDD. I'm glad I got mine for free. Since my Xbox is pretty far away from my Hub, I had to go to Radioshack and but the $6 gadget to join two CAt-5s together. *Sigh*

Stopped at my BB 10 minutes before opening. Don't really want a 360 right now since I'm not stoked about any of the games but for some reason I got in line anyway. Well I was informed that the person in front of me would be the last system. Oh well. It was incredible to be so close only 10 minutes to opening.

NOW READ THIS. I called another store this afternoon out of curiousity. THe guy told me they were sold out but call back after 9pm tonight because there's "rumor" there will be more tomorrow. He said that way you will know wether or not to wait outside. So this could turn out to be BS but he might be right. Post back if you score some tomorrow.

On a side note everyone in my area must really want an xbox because I can't imagine finding one hours after the stores open like others have posted.

I drove by BB this morning at 630 - and no one was in line. I was very tempted to wait in line, but I had to be at work by 7.

Well this is odd, I just called my local best buy (Pasadena) and they said they did not get any in stock today. This is a big store that received 70 or 80 units last Sunday. Maybe they are holding out until tomorrow?

Back