More Women Own Consoles Than Men

hispanic mom's buying them for their kids while she is in her late 20's seems like a typical stereo type..

hispanic mom's buying them for their kids while she is in her late 20's seems like a typical stereo type..

I was going to say... A lot of sons appealing to their mothers to buy them said systems. It could have gone the other way, but the dads all said "go ask your mother" :D

Don't forget the "Some College" piece where she got pregnant her sophmore year and had to drop out to raise the baby.

If you look at the chart 54% had "Some College" as their educational background. Steve is the one who implied they were well educated.

Sigh. No, 54% of those with "Some College" owned a console. Learn to Statistics.

Hmm 37% men and 42% women, I wonder what sex the other 21% are.

No one else find those numbers odd? Assuming the numbers are %, except sex every sub-category is way over 100%.

Sigh. No, 54% of those with "Some College" owned a console. Learn to Statistics.

You are correct but my point remained valid. I made no assumption that "Some College" was well educated. Steve was the one who decided that they were well educated even though the group with the highest ownership in that category never finished nor had yet to finish college.

No one else find those numbers odd? Assuming the numbers are %, except sex every sub-category is way over 100%.

There needs to be a facepalm smiley.

The statistics for say... age aren't the age of console owners. It's the percentage of people of that age who own a console.

56% of people ages 18-29 own a console. Not 56% of console owners are age 18-29.

37% of men own a console. It's not showing 37% of console owners being male.

40% of US adults own a console. It's not showing 40% of console owners being US adults.

Does it make sense now?

The remaining 21% identify as transgendered gay dragonkin.

What right do you have to force your social constructs on other free minded humans? It's Humans natural given right to choose their sex and pronoun at will.

You need to be re-educated to fit into a 21st century world my friend :cool:

https://genderneutralpronoun.wordpress.com/

Many people have expressed the need for a singular gender-neutral third-person pronoun: that is, a pronoun to use when someone’s gender is unknown or when the individual is neither male or female. Such instances occur when addressing transgender and genderqueer people who don’t feel comfortable being addressed with masculine or feminine pronouns

this_is_gay.gif

Great, now if we say PC master race ever again then the feminist gamers are going to point their fingers and yell misogyny.

If you look at the chart 54% had "Some College" as their educational background. Steve is the one who implied they were well educated.

Damn you Steve! Damn you to hell! And fuck me for not reading the entire thing...but damn that sucker was long

There needs to be a facepalm smiley.

The statistics for say... age aren't the age of console owners. It's the percentage of people of that age who own a console.

56% of people ages 18-29 own a console. Not 56% of console owners are age 18-29.

37% of men own a console. It's not showing 37% of console owners being male.

40% of US adults own a console. It's not showing 40% of console owners being US adults.

Does it make sense now?

Ah yes, now it does. Sorry, just had a dumb, thanks for the reply.

I guess the study assumes 100% penetration for Asians. I would not disagree with that. I don't know of any of Asian friends or colleagues that are not into technology.

The F'in US is headed down the same toilet the UK is, ver? Ve? WTF. Time to take the country back my friends, and it ignited again last night. PC has reached it's cap, (not personal computer!). The stupidity I read on a daily basis...I swear.

What that graph really says is: Old white men with no money (Social Security) or education that life in the forest are the quickest adapters to the PCMR.

Statistics. It's everyone's bitch.

I think it is nice that it is not just men playing games anymore. Everyone should enjoy video games.

Women aren't as interested in wasting time messing around with stuff like drivers or upgrading something so those that play video games, like in super general terms, tend to buy consoles. They leave the endless tinkering and fretting over system requirements or adding a JangleMister brand Wiggle-Tick-Water-World-Cooler to people who have nothing better to do with their lives than worry about that kinda stuff.

I have a JangleMister Wiggle-Tick-Water-World-Cooler in FS/FT if interested. Block fits Sound Blaster Z and Xonar DGX cards. 480mm rad, non-expandable AIO. Drops sound card temps by 2 degrees under gaming load vs the stock cooling configuration (none). Good condition. Can do push/pull on rad for 3 degree drop.

$600 OBO

I have a JangleMister Wiggle-Tick-Water-World-Cooler in FS/FT if interested. Block fits Sound Blaster Z and Xonar DGX cards. 480mm rad, non-expandable AIO. Drops sound card temps by 2 degrees under gaming load vs the stock cooling configuration (none). Good condition. Can do push/pull on rad for 3 degree drop.

$600 OBO

Do you think it'd fit inside my netbook? I really wanna water cool the CFL tube in the screen, but I'm pretty sure that a closed-loop cooler like the Corsair H100 isn't powerful enough to give me the ability to run the screen at over 200 nits when I get into really intense document editing.

That's your definition of well educated? Really?

What's your point? There are numerous well educated people trough history who never had formal education, or were dropouts.

I've seen my fair share of stupid people with fancy degrees. It's meaningless.

What's your point? There are numerous well educated people trough history who never had formal education, or were dropouts.

I've seen my fair share of stupid people with fancy degrees. It's meaningless.

I think he's trying to say that defining "well educated" as anyone who has had "some college" is incorrect.

A lot of truth in it though. If child support was about supporting a child it would be an established flat rate not the fleecing of hard earned income to someone of lesser means.

Child support rates are usually set based on the lifestyle of the child prior to the divorce and the income of the parent who ends up paying it. It's not a fleecing thing as much as it's a way to stabilize the living conditions of the child so that it softens the trauma of the mother having to kick their cheating, lying, scumbag of a hormone-enraged, bad driving, gun nut, drunk, smelly, leering, video game-addicted loser who never lifts a finger to clean up his own disgusting toilet bowl spouse out of the house so that there's at least a reduced risk of domestic abuse and rage-induced murder. All in all, it's a pretty fair system though even I would admit that some moms misuse money because they're as bad at managing it and controlling their buying impulses as their ex-husbands who are up to their eyeballs in 60k worth of car loans. Nothing's perfect, but it does work passably well even if guys feel like they're getting the bad end of the deal. At least they get out of taking care of their spawn which they'd probably do a lousy job at anyhow since they can barely keep goldfish alive, let alone provide an environment free from angry outbursts.

Extraterrestrials. We finally have proof. Explaines all those usernames which seem to consist of random letters and numbers for all these years; that's actually how their names are pronounced. 'Top score by Grzm9tuplffnx'.

I wonder if the women in a lot of the households are the ones filling out registration for warranty status?

Back