More Threadripper Waterblocks Come to Market - Watercool and Swiftech

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
We have seen huge delta in Threadripper cooling since launch (TR4 cooing reviews here, here, here and here), and along with what has been a very narrow market, we are now seeing some more players show up. Watercool has announced its new TR4 block and has it up for pre-buy as of tomorrow. Watercool will be shipping us test samples towards the end of November.

Check out the Pics.

Our Heatkiller blocks for AMD Threadripper are available for pre-order tomorrow! Be quick and get yourself a nice 10% pre-order discount! The copper version will start to ship on November 10th, both nickel versions will start to ship on November 24th. See the pics for more description!

We have also been in contact with Swiftech and it has committed to getting us a sample of its new SKF-TR4 which has been specifically designed to work with Threadripper. Interestingly, the Swiftech block looks to be most unique in terms of internal flow patterns, which makes me wonder if it has specifically designed the block to pull off more heat over the two active Ryzen 7 dies. If I were building a custom TR4 block, I would certainly be looking into exactly that. The staggered inlet and outlet design on the Swiftech block does sort of suggest this to me.

And Swiftech's marketing video.....OK. I have to admit its got a very original look to it, and as always, we gravitate to the red and black.

Check out the video.

Last edited:
What about a waterblock that had two inlets and two exaust lines so if you wanted to run dual rad's with independent loops you could?

I see the water heating over the first core before travelling over the second core being an issue to a good stable overclock.

I hope some of these companies will put out monoblocks for the popular motherboards too.

I'm actually looking to replace my EK block after looking at your review. Hopefully one can be found in AU...

Heatkiller stuff is fantastic, really looking forward to what it can do with TR

I have a DIY Loop from them, it's very nice. The only thing I really don't like about "watercool" is, it is almost impossible to talk to them in the forum. YOu can reach them by phone and talk to them, done that many times, you can write an email, that also works...just the forum is treated like a bad stepchild. I wish they would improve this.

Their web shop handler got into an car accident, but they are still looking to get it up on the watercool site for preorder today.

Their web shop handler got into an car accident, but they are still looking to get it up on the watercool site for preorder today.

If you are interested, you can now preorder the Heatkiller blocks on the Watercool online store.

Last edited:
I have a DIY Loop from them, it's very nice. The only thing I really don't like about "watercool" is, it is almost impossible to talk to them in the forum. YOu can reach them by phone and talk to them, done that many times, you can write an email, that also works...just the forum is treated like a bad stepchild. I wish they would improve this.

They are usually somewhat slow to answer but they always do after a few days, mostly on overclock.net. It looks like they do not regularly visit their own forums... :) Jakob is great to deal with and quite helpful!

They are usually somewhat slow to answer but they always do after a few days, mostly on overclock.net. It looks like they do not regularly visit their own forums... :) Jakob is great to deal with and quite helpful!

First, let me introduce myself: Hi, I'm Jakob and started working as full fledgedCommunity Manager for Watercool two days ago. One of the main goals of my new job is to get response-times down to maximum 24 hours (on workdays). So, you are right to criticize our bad response times on our forum, but I sincerely hope that this will change from now on.

Additionally, as you can see here, I made contact to Kyle and got the clearance to also respond here on [H]ardForum directly. I'll check in daily to see if anything of relevance came up and I'll try to answer anything directly involving WATERCOOL as fast as possible.

Other than that: yes, our Threadripper blocks can finally be pre-ordered through our shop with a 10% pre-order discount. The copper block will be available next friday (Nov 10th), the two nickel plated versions will be available two weeks later, Nov 24th.

I'm looking forward to making many new friends here at [H]ardOCP! Please feel free to directly contact me, highlight me in messages, or shoot your questions directly at me, I'm here to help you guys!

First, let me introduce myself: Hi, I'm Jakob and started working as full fledgedCommunity Manager for Watercool two days ago. One of the main goals of my new job is to get response-times down to maximum 24 hours (on workdays). So, you are right to criticize our bad response times on our forum, but I sincerely hope that this will change from now on.

Additionally, as you can see here, I made contact to Kyle and got the clearance to also respond here on [H]ardForum directly. I'll check in daily to see if anything of relevance came up and I'll try to answer anything directly involving WATERCOOL as fast as possible.

Other than that: yes, our Threadripper blocks can finally be pre-ordered through our shop with a 10% pre-order discount. The copper block will be available next friday (Nov 10th), the two nickel plated versions will be available two weeks later, Nov 24th.

I'm looking forward to making many new friends here at [H]ardOCP! Please feel free to directly contact me, highlight me in messages, or shoot your questions directly at me, I'm here to help you guys!

Great news indeed Jakob (y)

I am glad to hear that Watercool saw the problem and acts accordingly.

..and yes, [H] is a good place to be ;)

Back