more Star Wars to be frozen in carbonite...

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/star-wars-hiatus-bob-iger

we had confirmation on 2 additional trilogies by Johnson and the GoT guys each 1 year ago. Not a ton of deets obviously but i was confirmed at least.

looks like that has all gone in the toilet, both parties are OFF star wars and disney is going to take a big step back and re evaluate their galactic plans.

https://www.cnet.com/news/game-of-t...eiss-are-no-longer-doing-a-star-wars-trilogy/
https://boundingintocomics.com/2019/11/06/rumor-rian-johnson-out-at-lucasfilm-and-star-wars/

what say you guys? did you see it coming from a mile away? theyll never release the true intent of their plans... why cant we get some whistleblowers and leakers over at Disney????? thats what i need.

The era Star Justice Warriors isn't nearly as good as the past era. Disney is going to make Star Wars a hated quantity. Sad.

Stylistically, the new Star Wars have been amazing. The drab colors, gritty textures, retro costumes. It’s been perfect....fixed everything I hated about Ep 1-3.

the story and character development has been lack luster though. The only one that really seemed fresh was Rogue One...and they were even nice enough to wrap it up at the end.

Same. They've been quite fun. E8 not nearly as much, but quite fun, nonetheless. Got my tickets as soon as they were green-lit for sale.
I've really enjoyed the Disney-era Star Wars films (some more than others of course.) Bring on Rise of Skywalker! Got my tix already.

yeah i got my tickets too, but whats your guys hot take on the state of the franchise? everyone is buying tickets so why did they cancel the rest of the movies? do they not like money or something.

yeah i got my tickets too, but whats your guys hot take on the state of the franchise? everyone is buying tickets so why did they cancel the rest of the movies? do they not like money or something.
Perhaps you haven't seen Solo's performance.

My take: they probably need to figure out a new set of compelling characters, backstories, and plot hooks to keep old and new audiences captivated and spending money.

its weird because, 5 years ago i would have said Star Wars coming back would mean the end of the world. unbelievable how they managed to destroy an IP, now confirmed by their own gone confidence in the profitability of additional movies. i think they finally realize the only people that would be excited about 2 additional trilogies are people that would be entertained by anything with a star wars logo. or blatant paid shills that appear on the youtube trailers.

given, thats most people, and they can still make billions and billions as much as they want from them.

given, thats most people, and they can still make billions and billions as much as they want from them.

All about the Benjamins.

SpaceBallsMerchandising.gif

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/star-wars-hiatus-bob-iger

we had confirmation on 2 additional trilogies by Johnson and the GoT guys each 1 year ago. Not a ton of deets obviously but i was confirmed at least.

looks like that has all gone in the toilet, both parties are OFF star wars and disney is going to take a big step back and re evaluate their galactic plans.

https://www.cnet.com/news/game-of-t...eiss-are-no-longer-doing-a-star-wars-trilogy/
https://boundingintocomics.com/2019/11/06/rumor-rian-johnson-out-at-lucasfilm-and-star-wars/

what say you guys? did you see it coming from a mile away? theyll never release the true intent of their plans... why cant we get some whistleblowers and leakers over at Disney????? thats what i need.
This isn't a surprise. Bob at Disney think's it's "Star Wars" fatigue. Totally explains how the Avengers did so well... If the movies weren't shit, they wouldn't be putting Star wars on hiatus. The need to let the property sit for a decade, so people forget everything and then start over.

Someone needs to nuke Disney...

its weird because, 5 years ago i would have said Star Wars coming back would mean the end of the world. unbelievable how they managed to destroy an IP, now confirmed by their own gone confidence in the profitability of additional movies. i think they finally realize the only people that would be excited about 2 additional trilogies are people that would be entertained by anything with a star wars logo. or blatant paid shills that appear on the youtube trailers.

Serious question, why did you buy tickets to Ep. IX if you think they already "destroyed the IP"?

Last edited:
Watched a rumor that they brought palatine back so Rey could stomp him into the ground. Then they did re-shoots. I'm almost tempted to go see how accurate the rumors are, and why they possibly could have though it was a good idea to make a film that way.

Watched a rumor that they brought palatine back so Rey could stomp him into the ground. Then they did re-shoots. I'm almost tempted to go see how accurate the rumors are, and why they possibly could have though it was a good idea to make a film that way.

If by "go see how accurate the rumors are", you mean go searching on Youtube, you're just going to find a dozen channels whose daily bread and butter is whipping up as much outrage and indignation as possible. It's really not a good way to learn "facts."

If by "go see how accurate the rumors are", you mean go searching on Youtube, you're just going to find a dozen channels whose daily bread and butter is whipping up as much outrage and indignation as possible. It's really not a good way to learn "facts."
I am not going to support Disney in the theater because I have no desire to support the franchise. They are gonna put it on ice anyway... What's the point?

As for the reviewers online, I have to agree. The shit that people are putting up is designed to garner clicks and followers. Nothing more. Whether or not Doomcock's rumor is correct or not... (everyone jumped on his bandwagon, cites him and repeats the latest foul rumor). The last web based source of information I was able to trust was the [H] and now https://www.thefpsreview.com/ however the latter just doesn't churn out content the way the [H] did just a short while ago. God I miss the old Hard OCP...

Johnson not working on his trilogy has been an off and on rumor since TLJ launched. It keeps coming back. I wouldn't call it "confirmed" yet, not until its directly confirmed by either Disney or Johnson himself.

As for the hiatus, I doubt it will be that long. The planned 2022 film probably won't happen, unless they can get something fast tracked, but I doubt they'll let the 2024 spot slip. I'd imagine the 2024 spot is where Kevin Fiege's SW movie will end up. Unless they reshuffle Avatar movies (or Avatar 2 ends up being such a big flop that Disney cancels the sequels) and they gun for a 2023 release instead.

They're not going to let the franchise itself go into hiatus though. They'll use Disney+ series to keep it in people's minds while they figure out exactly what they're going to do movie-wise.

Johnson not working on his trilogy has been an off and on rumor since TLJ launched. It keeps coming back. I wouldn't call it "confirmed" yet, not until its directly confirmed by either Disney or Johnson himself.

As for the hiatus, I doubt it will be that long. The planned 2022 film probably won't happen, unless they can get something fast tracked, but I doubt they'll let the 2024 spot slip. I'd imagine the 2024 spot is where Kevin Fiege's SW movie will end up. Unless they reshuffle Avatar movies (or Avatar 2 ends up being such a big flop that Disney cancels the sequels) and they gun for a 2023 release instead.

They're not going to let the franchise itself go into hiatus though. They'll use Disney+ series to keep it in people's minds while they figure out exactly what they're going to do movie-wise.
I do have to agree with this. The Disney+ Star Wars releases might be the great hope of Disney. I suspect that, should they do well, the future of Star Wars films may very well be straight to their streaming platform instead of the big screen. Or at least as a means to garner interest for their next big screen tie in.

Wonder if between wrangling the MCU, Star Wars, converting older animated films into live action, the normal Disney movie schedule, ESPN, the new streaming service and the various theme parks, Disney exceeded its ability to manage it all. This seems like a cutting the work load move.

All I have is rumors man. They are defiantly not facts but the narrative is fun.

the biggest rumor right now is that they brought the emperor back and rey beats him easily in a matter of seconds, but the insider disney family/friends test audience laughed at it. this is what caused lucas to be paid for input(not confirmed) on the reshoots(confirmed and normal for giant movies).

Reactions: filip
like this

dont be so sensitive.. this is the fun part... which rumor was true, what was false, what sources were BS. otherwise all you have is sterile press releases, that isnt fun.

oh yeah this is heating up :)

Reactions: filip
like this
Force Awakens was hit and miss. The de-CGIing of SW was great... the script eh some good ideas and some terrible ones. What they let RJ do to TLJ however was an abomination. The only saving grace was Princess Leia Poppins... kidden.

JJ was the right director for Disney and the mostly wrong one for fans... he can pull off style, but what Disney likes is he does what he is told. He made the movie they wanted in the proper style... just to bad his boss is a moron. I have a feeling if they got a proper script writer in that didn't first have to tick all the boxes KK requires for her SW flicks we would have got much better films.

JJ is definitely capable of good things, but seem to have no taste, or principles, meaning he will happily make any crap without blinking an eye.

I believed that Force Awakens was neither here or there, it was like the prequels, not totally terrible, but meh.
Rogue One was Amazing I loved it.
The Last Jedi however scarred me for life. So badly, that I still haven't mustered the courage to watch Solo, despite it being out for what two months now on video even?

So you can understand that I have no interest in the Rise of skywalker, not one bit. Definitely not pre-ordering tickets for it. Maybe I'll consider it if everyone says it is so good it is unmissable, but I'm not gonna bet on that.

I think this has less to do with the franchise and more to do with Disney's streaming service and the global economy. Blockbuster franchises cost a lot to create and market and they aren't going to green light anything that takes years to plan/execute without first seeing how the geopolitics plays out in the near future. After all, art imitates life as much as life imitates art.

a movie/culture subforum would be great, some of us don't give a crap about star wars and the inevitable political threads that often pop up here

a movie/culture subforum would be great, some of us don't give a crap about star wars and the inevitable political threads that often pop up here

Then don’t read topics about it. It’s not that hard, all you have to do is not click in the topic title and move on with your day.

JJ is definitely capable of good things, but seem to have no taste, or principles, meaning he will happily make any crap without blinking an eye.

I believed that Force Awakens was neither here or there, it was like the prequels, not totally terrible, but meh.
The Last Jedi however scarred me for life. So badly, that I still haven't mustered the courage to watch Solo, despite it being out for what two months now on video even?

So you can understand that I have no interest in the Rise of skywalker, not one bit. Definitely not pre-ordering tickets for it. Maybe I'll consider it if everyone says it is so good it is unmissable, but I'm not gonna bet on that.

Can you believe Solo has been in home release for over a year now. lmao Your not missing anything.... a few cool scenes but basically a trash flick. If not for TLJ it would have done okish and people would have been sort of satisfied with it. lol

can't view it... is it a paid membership thing?

to be fair the thread title sounded interesting, I thought it was about data storage or something, but no just another star wars ho-hum news dump where everyone complains about the movie's plot/script... I'm not complaining though, at least I'm reassured staying away from the franchise saved me a little time. Still, I do wish the movies get better as I don't like to see folks so down about it

can't view it... is it a paid membership thing?

to be fair the thread title sounded interesting, I thought it was about data storage or something, but no just another star wars ho-hum news dump where everyone complains about the movie's plot/script... I'm not complaining though, at least I'm reassured staying away from the franchise saved me a little time. Still, I do wish the movies get better as I don't like to see folks so down about it
time to pony-up for a genmay subscription.

im expecting it to be terrible and i am also expecting to watch it around 3-4 times. i laughed out loud when leah started flying in TLJ and got thrown out in the first viewing but i went back 2 times so i saw TLJ 2.5 times technically. the force awakens i saw twice. that is a good movie, there is just not a ton there to enjoy over and over.

for me, rogue one stands head and shoulder apple shampoo above everything else. stealing death star plans was a story i wanted to see since the 90s.

anyways... embrace the darkness... enjoy the pain... watch star wars and hate yourself like you never thought possible. JOIN ME

Back