More screens with the UnrealEngine 3

HEY I HAVE UT2K4 and how come i dont have the guys in the 1st pic as Character options

I can't wait for this shit to come out. HL2 gonna get owned :D
Seriously though.. picture one.. .the third model looks almost like FF graphics from the movie.

i know the players didn't look that shitty in unreal 1/2 I hate comparisons like that.

Baker said:
Seriously though.. picture one.. .the third model looks almost like FF graphics from the movie.

Assuming Valve releases HL2 before the end of the year (which we sadly can't even say and be sure of it, what with Valve's incompetency at that sort of thing) it will have been out for 2 years by the time U3 comes out. Comparing the two is like comparing Far Cry to Battlefield 1942 or something.

finalgt said:
Assuming Valve releases HL2 before the end of the year (which we sadly can't even say and be sure of it, what with Valve's incompetency at that sort of thing) it will have been out for 2 years by the time U3 comes out. Comparing the two is like comparing Far Cry to Battlefield 1942 or something.
with the way its been pushed back i say its gonna be the other way around :D

finalgt said:

I wasn't talking about comparing the 2 gameplay wise. I'm just talking about graphics, and possiably physics.

Just imagine what some games would look like using this engine. Like... for example.. Doom3? :p

Holy crapmuffins, that first image is amazing!
It's seriously time to replace this old 9700 :p

Stuff like this makes me buy incredibly expensive stuff like a 6800SLI setup :( I can't help myself.

Vulcanus said:
i know the players didn't look that shitty in unreal 1/2 I hate comparisons like that.
So I am not the only one who noticed. WTF compiled that image? If it was someone at Epic, they did a piss poor job. Looks like the first two chars were taken at some low ass resolution and then blown up so there are a ton of jaggies and less detail. The third one was taken in a high resolution shot and then AA applied. If this was Epics doing, they are really attempting to make the engine look better than it is.

HRslammR said:
are they gonna make a game on this or just say "ouuuh look at us yay"

Most likely will make a game(duh?!:p), I guess they have also licensed it to Bioware and they will be working on some sort of title as well. Looks impressive that is for sure, seems like great things are right around the corner for gaming in the next year or so.

Baker said:

Eh HL 2 will probably be owned by Far cry as well so no need to wait for Unreal 3 for a game engine that will own Source :D

Back