More Questions for Facebook

HardOCP News

[H] News
Uh oh, Mark Zuckerberg better be careful, politicians have resorted to sending him letters demanding to know how that Facebook-thingy works.

U.S. Reps. Edward Markey (D., Mass.) and Joe Barton (R., Texas) sent Facebook Chief Executive Mark Zuckerberg a letter expressing concerns that "third-party applications gathered and transmitted personally identifiable information about Facebook users and those users' friends." The two representatives are co-chairmen of the House Bipartisan Privacy Caucus.

You know, while Facebook users have a right to be pissed, I wish congress would stop sticking their nose into the private sector all the time. Just like the baseball steroid hearings, how in the hell is that any of their business? If Facebook broke a law, hand it over to the prosecuting office that has jurisdiction and let them handle it. :rolleyes:

Heh, I live in Barton's district. Didn't know there was a "Privacy Caucus" (Bipartisan too!).

Given how much the government always wants to know about our lives, I find it laughable when they complain about this type of stuff.

You know, while Facebook users have a right to be pissed, I wish congress would stop sticking their nose into the private sector all the time. Just like the baseball steroid hearings, how in the hell is that any of their business? If Facebook broke a law, hand it over to the prosecuting office that has jurisdiction and let them handle it. :rolleyes:

The baseball sterioid business is because the government gives MLB an anti-trust exemption, meaning that the MLB can have an effective monopoly on nation-wide baseball teams and nothing bad will happen. The fact that said MLB was having an illegal substance problem stirred up the whole pot.

how in the hell is that any of their business? If Facebook broke a law, hand it over to the prosecuting office that has jurisdiction and let them handle it. :rolleyes:
first thing that comes to my mind is, oh I don't know, the fact that Congress is the legislative branch of the US government...

Back