More Playstation exclusives coming to PC?

Colonel Sanders

Supreme [H]ardness
So this was in my Twitter feed... Jim Ryan did an interview with GQ and he said they are indeed planning on bringing a bunch more PS exclusives to PC. Which ones? No idea yet, but... there aren't really that many of them, so this is pretty exciting. He also specifically mentions "from the latter half" of the PS4 cycle so that could be games like God of War, Ghost of Tsushima and TLoU 2 (and I assume TLoU as well.) All I really care about is Bloodborne though. ;)

I know this was rumored a while back already, but this is the first really concrete acknowledgement of it AFAIK.

https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/culture/article/playstation-vr-jim-ryan-interview-2021

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Ghost of Tsushima I can see happening. Not TLoU and GoW. They are sony's big hitters. Don't expect Bloodborne either given how little attention the ps4 version gotten. There is still no ps4 pro enhancement patch nor any plans for ps5 enhancement. The new Horizon dawn should come to pc sooner then the 1st I believe.

Would love to see Gran Turismo on PC, but that is probably another one that will never happen. That franchise is still one of the big console sellers for Sony.

Ghost of Tsushima I can see happening. Not TLoU and GoW. They are sony's big hitters. Don't expect Bloodborne either given how little attention the ps4 version gotten. There is still no ps4 pro enhancement patch nor any plans for ps5 enhancement. The new Horizon dawn should come to pc sooner then the 1st I believe.
Would love to see Gran Turismo on PC, but that is probably another one that will never happen. That franchise is still one of the big console sellers for Sony.
I know exactly what you guys mean, and I tend to agree, but... if not those exclusives, than which ones would he even be talking about?

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
I know exactly what you guys mean, and I tend to agree, but... if not those exclusives, than which ones would he even be talking about?
Mostly 3rd party exclusives like Persona 5 (yuck) and ones I mentions. Ratchet and Clank are like Sony's mascots. So that is a no. I really don't care. I rather buy them day one on PS5 then waiting 3 years for a PC port.

Ghosts was my personal GOTY all told. I'd love to see it get the royal treatment on the PC.

There's multiple possible reasons to give for the move, but the obvious one is: profit. As some have pointed out, Microsoft is making huge bank with their games on Steam, and Sony wants a piece of the pie.

1.gif

"In 2020 Microsoft / Xbox had 6 published games make the Best Selling Games of the Year list on Steam"(source)

And as expected, there's a lot of people naturally going "omg bloodborne!!!omg!!omg", even though From has completely refused to do any more development on the title, including *allegedly* refusing to assist Sony with a pro patch of the game. I do hope it comes to PC, it was a masterpiece of a game and I'd love more people to be able to experience it.

There's multiple possible reasons to give for the move, but the obvious one is: profit. As some have pointed out, Microsoft is making huge bank with their games on Steam, and Sony wants a piece of the pie.

View attachment 332514
"In 2020 Microsoft / Xbox had 6 published games make the Best Selling Games of the Year list on Steam"(source)

And as expected, there's a lot of people naturally going "omg bloodborne!!!omg!!omg", even though From has completely refused to do any more development on the title, including *allegedly* refusing to assist Sony with a pro patch of the game. I do hope it comes to PC, it was a masterpiece of a game and I'd love more people to be able to experience it.
We were told Dark Souls on PC would never happen, too. I would honestly just take a PS5 patch for Bloodborne at this point. The frame pacing issues in the game ruin any enjoyment I can get out of it.

I disagree. I fully expect those to come. Sony needs the software sales. They are starting to see how it isn't hurting MS, but helping them. Sony makes more interesting hardware, and I don't think they'll have a problem selling them. I do think they want to increase their draw and to do that would be to widen the net of sales. Porting PS4 titles isn't cannibalizing their PS5 market. In fact, it might draw people in to play the next installments on that platform.

I do imagine Sony will be slower all around to porting their titles. I don't expect day and date anytime soon. But, this is a nice turn and I think they need to bring their titles to outside their platform. Some of their franchises are losing ground and importance to others. I'm looking at you, Gran Turismo.

Really hoping for it. The Last of Us 1/2 and Horizon Forbbiden West (will probably come a year + later) are my main interests. Followed by Spiderman and the Uncharted series. I can see an Uncharted collection get ported, they already did it on the PS4. Maybe they'll do a slight upgrade (slight) for PS5 comparability and put it on PC at the same time. First Spiderman game is old enough, they already did the second.

I'm assuming the FF7 Remake is coming to PC as is.

God of War, not too interested. But I suppose it looks like Assassin's Creed done right so wouldn't oppose it.

the Bloodborne PC rumors pop up every year...it's not coming to PC!

Days Gone got pretty average reviews so I'm not sure this is a title people are looking forward to

I feel some make giant sense, say if the first Last of Us come out in 2022 on PC and the second one in 2023, how many sales of future play station would be lost ?

Long ongoing series with sequels planned a la Gran Turismo, Dark soul, God of War that is quite different what it would signal to have a pc release.

I feel some make giant sense, say if the first Last of Us come out in 2022 on PC and the second one in 2023, how many sales of future play station would be lost ?

Long ongoing series with sequels planned a la Gran Turismo, Dark soul, God of War that is quite different what it would signal to have a pc release.
Dark Souls was never an exclusive and the series is done after the third game.

I actually had a funny thought. The people who only buy their consoles for the few big exclusives like me, might even be loosing sony money, not making it. I mean so far I've purchased 5 games for the PS4 in its entire lifecycle. Two of which were full price games only.
They probably make a lot more by embracing PC players. Their competition is xbox, not PC.

I actually had a funny thought. The people who only buy their consoles for the few big exclusives like me, might even be loosing sony money, not making it. I mean so far I've purchased 5 games for the PS4 in its entire lifecycle. Two of which were full price games only.
They probably make a lot more by embracing PC players. Their competition is xbox, not PC.

They have the whales, who buy full price games and each separate DLC.

Then there's people like you and I, who buy second hand, or wait for deals. They don't make nearly as much money off of us.

Just what we needed, more poorly executed pc ports of games meant to run, at best, at 1080 at 30fps.

I've been playing Gran Turismo for years on my PC.

Did just had a exclusive remake on PS5 ? Do not know about those, could be mistaken with something else.
When the first DeS remake trailer for was released it had an 'available on PC' statement at the end. Chances are they were always privately planning a PC release but someone put the wrong title card at the end, meant for the PC announcement trailer later this year.
1.jpg

That is actually a good point. A single platform multiplayer exclusive doesn't make sense in 2021. So pretty much all exclusives are single player. Which means no PSN subscription (the real money maker). If you buy the console and Sony looses out because the hardware is sold at a loss, their margins are probably small off of a customer like you. Obviously if you buy digital Sony probably has more margins than selling on Steam. But again, factor in the profit loss from selling hardware below cost.

Suddenly, selling games on PCs which brings in people like who simply will never buy the hardware makes even more sense.

Seems like a win win. I'm sure they'll loose some console sales, but doubt it will be many. I assume they'll always do timed exclusives to hold the upper edge against Xbox.

I don't know if I am the only one that's not interested waiting 3 years to play last generation console games that may or may not be optimized for PC. There is way too much new stuff coming out today to worry about old games designed for last generation consoles. The developers who design for PC first or at least for PC simultaneously are more deserving of my $.

I don't know if I am the only one that's not interested waiting 3 years to play last generation console games that may or may not be optimized for PC. There is way too much new stuff coming out today to worry about old games designed for last generation consoles. The developers who design for PC first or at least for PC simultaneously are more deserving of my $.
*shrug* We all play what we want to play. If you don't want to play some of the best games of the past decade, that's your call (assuming you only have a PC.)

*shrug* We all play what we want to play. If you don't want to play some of the best games of the past decade, that's your call (assuming you only have a PC.)
I don't understand people being mad at things being released. Whether you play them or not, having more things on a platform like the PC is a good thing.

The Uncharted 4 seems like an easy choice to port. I played through Uncharted 4 not too long ago and it was excellent, but would've been even better with KB+M controls.

I'm looking forward to Days Gone - I heard the gameplay is uninspiring, but decent. And with the PS5 version becoming a much better title with 60fps, I imagine the PC version will be even better.

I don't understand people being mad at things being released. Whether you play them or not, having more things on a platform like the PC is a good thing.

Me either. I'll never understand it. If an exclusive comes out on platform x for say 6-12 months everyone that wanted it is going to have it by then. The rest is gravy and they get even more users on the other platforms. That's good business. Everyone wins. All platforms ultimately win. "Exclusives" did what they needed to. What's not to like?

They have the whales, who buy full price games and each separate DLC.

Then there's people like you and I, who buy second hand, or wait for deals. They don't make nearly as much money off of us.
I don't consider those people whales. I have no issues pay $60 day one for a game. I generally do t buy any DLC cause most the time what you get is not worth the money. Whales are people that throw huge sums of cash at f2p garbage like genshin impact.

Me either. I'll never understand it. If an exclusive comes out on platform x for say 6-12 months everyone that wanted it is going to have it by then. The rest is gravy and they get even more users on the other platforms. That's good business. Everyone wins. All platforms ultimately win. "Exclusives" did what they needed to. What's not to like?
Man, all that bitching over Horizon: Zero Dawn coming to PC was painful to see. I don't understand how people can be so offended by a game releasing on other platforms so more people can experience it.

Now would be the time to put Bloodborne out on PC if it were going to happen at all -- it's no longer going to be a console-seller on the PS4, it needs an update, and would be able to reach a wider audience while it is still somewhat relevant.

I don't consider those people whales. I have no issues pay $60 day one for a game. I generally do t buy any DLC cause most the time what you get is not worth the money. Whales are people that throw huge sums of cash at f2p garbage like genshin impact.

You're not a whale, you don't buy every piece of DLC.

Their whales are.
More and more games offer in game purchases, that go through the PS Store.
The latest Mortal Kombat for example, you can buy in-game money for use in the krypt, or buy tokens to bypass fights. Why sell those? Because people buy them.
Every Call of Duty has a ridiculous amount of DLC, skins, etc. to buy.
Heck, look at the add ons for NBA 2k21:
View attachment 332807

The whales are the ones who buy the $99.99 pack of coins.
There's plenty of F2P games on PS, like Fortnite, and they do have currency purchases:
View attachment 332809

So, whales exist on console also, I rest my case.

You're not a whale, you don't buy every piece of DLC.

Their whales are.
More and more games offer in game purchases, that go through the PS Store.
The latest Mortal Kombat for example, you can buy in-game money for use in the krypt, or buy tokens to bypass fights. Why sell those? Because people buy them.
Every Call of Duty has a ridiculous amount of DLC, skins, etc. to buy.
Heck, look at the add ons for NBA 2k21:
View attachment 332807

The whales are the ones who buy the $99.99 pack of coins.
There's plenty of F2P games on PS, like Fortnite, and they do have currency purchases:
View attachment 332809

So, whales exist on console also, I rest my case.
Oh I didn't say they exist on consoles. The first line in your original post called anyone buying a full price games and DLC whales. I do t consider in-game coins and stuff as dlc. I was talking about actual game expansions. Which most are garbage in thselves.

Oh I didn't say they exist on consoles. The first line in your original post called anyone buying a full price games and DLC whales. I do t consider in-game coins and stuff as dlc. I was talking about actual game expansions. Which most are garbage in thselves.

Ah, gotcha. I consider anything "extra" - be it in game currency, skins, levels, etc. as DLC.

Though, I do miss full-fledged expansions :(

Man, all that bitching over Horizon: Zero Dawn coming to PC was painful to see. I don't understand how people can be so offended by a game releasing on other platforms so more people can experience it.
Because they can no longer use it as an argument in the next console vs pc which is better tirade.

Now would be the time to put Bloodborne out on PC if it were going to happen at all -- it's no longer going to be a console-seller on the PS4, it needs an update, and would be able to reach a wider audience while it is still somewhat relevant.

Yar, seems like it'd be a smart move. Re-release for PS5 (4k @ 60fps) and use the opportunity to port the game to PC for a bigger market.

Even if the move from 30fps to 60fps isn't simple due to engine constraints with the game, having a game-starved PS5 market and the PC market clamoring for the title - seems like the extra work would pay off financially.

It's incredible on the PC. I had no problems doing the double dip on it.

if its a good game and its available on PC then I'll buy it - I don't care if its console port

When the first DeS remake trailer for was released it had an 'available on PC' statement at the end. Chances are they were always privately planning a PC release but someone put the wrong title card at the end, meant for the PC announcement trailer later this year.
View attachment 332622

I still think it's coming to PC at some point...nobody just adds in 'Available on PC' on their own...it was probably a PS5 + PC release initially but then plans changed and they forgot to remove it from the video

Back