• Fable 2

Votes: 40 36.4%
  • I really can't decide

Votes: 16 14.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

petertew

Gawd
I'm a huge fallout fan (I've beaten the first one 3 times and the second one 4 or 5), but the more I see Fable 2 the more excited I am to play that.

I never played Fable 1, and I'm still way excited for Fallout 3, but man, Fable 2 (if it delivers) could be a console generation defining game. What do you guys think?

I'm getting both. I'm excited for both for different reasons. I'm not sure I could pin down which one I'm more excited for. It's a good time for RPG fans, that's for sure.

Fable 2. Fallout looks like it will be fun, but I prefer the style of the first two.

Fable 2. I cancelled my pre-order for Fallout 3 because it looks like an FPS, and I'm utterly sick of FPS. :(

I'll of course play both but Fable II is the reason I bought a 360. I love the first one probably beat it 6 times so I'm incredible excited for this one. I have the LE preordered and thats the first time I've ever preordered and first time getting a LE version.

i loved fable 1 but fable 2 looks like a rehash of the first from what little i've seen

Fallout 3. I played the crap out of Oblivion, and this looks to be way more robust. I'm still getting Fable 2, but I'm still more giddy for Far Cry 2 and Fallout 3.

Probably fable 2. Forget the games though, I'm more excited to see the fanboy rage and "fallout 3 raped my childhood" threads.

I'm not terribly hyped about either of them. CoD5 and Gears2 are much more interesting to me.

I'm more hyped for Fable 2, though I wouldn't call it "hyped." I'm looking forward to it, and I have the game on pre-order, but there's other games (not Fallout 3), I'm looking forward to more.

I'm looking forward to both, but I have to say I'm more interested in what Fable2 has to offer.

I thought fable was brilliant game, or rather, it was nearly a brilliant game, it was just a whisper from awesome-greatness and if Lionhead have managed to fix the bits of fable that disappointed and made a bigger experience out of Fable2 I predict win.

Fallout3 I am looking forward to because I have enjoyed Bethesda games in the past, but I'm more wary of it. It's all very well having the name and license to make the imagery and use the fallout universe, but the fact remains that it's it's being made in a different style to the previous games and is being made by people who were not involved in the previous games so it's awesomeness as a Fallout game is not guaranteed.

Plus for some reason every time I see or hear anything two concepts pop into my mind "Oblivion with guns" and "Helgate:london with jokes".

Fable 2 is the number one game I'm looking forward to.
Right behind that would be Gears 2, Prince of Persia, Left 4 Dead, Banjo-Kazooie, then Fallout 3.
Probably in that order.

I'm definitely excited for both, but I give the edge to Fable 2. Depending on how it turns out though, they may both end up taking a back seat to Dead Space in October for me.

fallout 3 all the way, i'm worried about what bethesda may have done to it, but the fallout series is fantastico. hopefully this one doesn't disappoint. i'm worried that i may have my sights set too high...

more excited for fallout 3, mainly because i can't play fable 2 on a ps3. that game looks awesome though, fable 2 i mean.

Probably fable 2. Forget the games though, I'm more excited to see the fanboy rage and "fallout 3 raped my childhood" threads.

I have to admit I'm worried to see how Bethesda will handle the fallout series. I'm just glad they have the guy who did the Dark Brotherhood quests from Oblivion managing this whole game.

If they mess up on even one tiny part of the game that Black Isle wouldn't have though, so help me I will burn these forums down with my flame posts. ;)

I'm not really super hyped for any of those games, but I will be buying those two.

I have no other expectations for them other then they will be fun, I can imagine myself beating Fable2 first just for the continued stories, and then doing the rest of my gaming on Fallout3, if GoW2 is enough to pull me from FO3 then I will play that alot since it does have awsome online content.

Other wise I'll go back to playing all the billion 360 games I own.

PS: anyone playing tales of vesperia? not a totally gripping game but the combat is badass!

Fallout 3 on PC for mods and to get back into that game world again. If my cousin picks up Fable 2 that would be cool because littlebigplanet is coming out a week before FO3 and Left 4 Dead a week or so after it so my games list is growing way too much.

After some consideration, I decided Fallout 3 for PC.

1. I want to support good PC games.
2. I don't want to pay for extra content, and I'm sure there will be a large mod community for this.
3. I just SLI'd my 8800GT.

Definitely more looking forward to Fallout 3...I'll probably be getting Fable 2 as well, but I might hold off for a price drop on that one.

Fallout 3 looks great, though.

Depends on the depth and how well the on-line co-op works in Fable 2. I am completely jazzed up for Fallout 3, but it's always more fun to play games with your friends.

Did any of you guys even play Fable? I can't believe so many people are excited for what it likely to be another huge letdown. I can see why some people liked Fable but c'mon, that game was hyped to death, then completely failed to deliver anything more than a linear RPG. Hell, even the Fable 2 pub games are frigging terrible and they could not come close to getting those right at all, so what makes you think the full game is going to be anything amazing? Like serious, I made more entertaining slot machine and roulette games than that in high school 12 years ago...

So I guess my point is that if they could not even make entertaining pub games, and it took them week to fix an exploit that was as complicated as "pressing left", and the game is going to ship without co-op support, why is this whole situation getting anyone sssooo excited?

Did any of you guys even play Fable?
Yes, but then I wasn't stupid enough to fall for any of the pre-release hype and played it for what is was... a solid RPG.

I don't see how Fable 2 can be a letdown when there's been virtually no overhyping going on for it.

I played Fable through numerous times.LOVED the game.

How are pub games a let down? They are a simple gambling game.

Yeah I'm excited to see which one fails the most :)
Still i guess there's more hope to fable 2 than fallout 3 being decent game after all he can't make it worse than Fable 1 was so improvement is 100% sure :D

Did any of you guys even play Fable? I can't believe so many people are excited for what it likely to be another huge letdown. I can see why some people liked Fable but c'mon, that game was hyped to death, then completely failed to deliver anything more than a linear RPG. Hell, even the Fable 2 pub games are frigging terrible and they could not come close to getting those right at all, so what makes you think the full game is going to be anything amazing? Like serious, I made more entertaining slot machine and roulette games than that in high school 12 years ago...

So I guess my point is that if they could not even make entertaining pub games, and it took them week to fix an exploit that was as complicated as "pressing left", and the game is going to ship without co-op support, why is this whole situation getting anyone sssooo excited?

I just got done playing Fable for the first time (the lost chapters) and I can see how a person could make the argument that Fable 2 will be a huge letdown. But I think that argument is based on a couple assumptions that can be argued against pretty well.

1. Fable could never live up to the hype and thus is a failure; Fable 2 will be the same.
  2. Fable 2 will be more of the same things we saw in Fable.
  3. Fable 2 will be a linear RPG and thus not fun.

I think it's fair to say Fable didn't live up to the hype built up around it, but the game, on its own merits, is still very solid and enjoyable. I think the devs (read: Peter M.) learned that hyping games too much leaves a bad taste in people's mouths and thus aren't doing so this time.

Fable 2 looks to be similar to the first game only expanded and improved. Is it really such a bad thing that it will be similar to the first game? I suppose that depends on who is playing. I personally enjoyed the first one, so I am looking forward to Fable 2.

Lots of good RPGs are linear; the Final Fantasy series is very linear and the series is still very well done. Half life is linear, but it is also great. Linearity is a necessary component to telling stories for a lot of games; I don't see how it detracts. You can still build your character any way you want and play the game in a number of different ways.

I wasn't aware that Co-op support won't ship with the game. Can you provide a link to that? I want to read up on that.

It won't ship with the game but it will be out in the first week. So that's fine.

Back