More Drone's-Eye Footage Of Apple's Spaceship Campus

Someone who hates Apple sure has a hard on for it's campus!! That or drone videos!!

Try September 30.. apparently these videos are being posted on here enough to lose track of!!

Smaller_Apple_comparison_Campus_2.jpg

the "one ring" to rule over them all.. precious!!

Videos usually show up about the 1st of each month or within a day or two of the 1st. It's interesting to see it progress from what it started off as and it's absolutely a huge (no pun intended) effort to get it done. What always puzzles me is how I rarely ever see actual people working on anything - I'm guessing the guy doing the videos has permission to shoot footage later in the day based on the shadows of structures and trees vs the sun's position in the sky (pretty long shadows so late afternoon). I think in all the videos I've see so far I've spotted like 4 people - one in that last video just walking someplace - but never any actual "work" in progress.

Yeah this video did show that one crane with something on it in motion but even so, for a massive project like this I'd have expected to see a lot more people all over the place working even late into the day, hell might as well be 12-16 hour shifts and get it done.

Gonna be a total bitch if you work on one side of the place and get called to a meeting on the other especially, I'm guessing they'll be having some kind of transports or electric vehicles of various kinds 'cause if you had to walk it that's going to take some time. :)

Amazing structure.

I used to live just across the freeway from that location. It will be crazy to go back and watch the area change.

If anyone tries to make a donut building will get sued into oblivion by apple.

Gonna be a total bitch if you work on one side of the place and get called to a meeting on the other especially, I'm guessing they'll be having some kind of transports or electric vehicles of various kinds 'cause if you had to walk it that's going to take some time. :)
Maybe that's what Project Titan was really about :)

The shape actually mimics what is considered one of the most efficient buildings of all time (to defend, live... and area in center):
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hakka_walled_village

It also can mimic zen gardens where the structure on the outside (non-natural) is surrounded by nature on both sides.

I like the structure, just always find it ironic when companies knock down a forest or meadow and remake one to be environmentally friendly. Johnson Controls in wisconsin knocked down a forest and put up "green solar panels" and its now the new "green area"... I always thought forests were green!

Anywho video reminds me of minecraft flyovers

The last time Apple lost money was in 2001.

Still, it won't be too long until that ridiculous thing gets converted to underutilized retail space with section 8 apartments upstairs and pajama clad moms smoking cigarettes by the swings sets in the courtyard.

The real surprise will be when that thing takes off. Simultaneously, a commercial revealing Tim Cook to actually be Marshall Applewhite will be beamed around the world and all of us will suddenly realize that he was right, and that we should have gotten jobs at Apple while we had chance.

but underground is where the hive is and where all the viral weaponry is created and sold to fund their business.

"This is not the Concave Dish Composite Beam Superlaser you're looking for..." :D

(true fans will get the reference... I hope)

Maybe it's just me, but that's a ridiculously huge building. What was wrong with making it like 10 stories underground and 10 stories above ground. Then just have elevators. Take up less space

I like the structure, just always find it ironic when companies knock down a forest or meadow and remake one to be environmentally friendly. Johnson Controls in wisconsin knocked down a forest and put up "green solar panels" and its now the new "green area"... I always thought forests were green!
I think in this case they're placing more trees and environment that wasn't there before they started.

Cupertino is not forests and meadows. It's Silicon freaking Valley, and has been under extreme development since the 1960s.

"The existing ratio of built-up area to landscaping on the site is 80:20. After Apple's redevelopment, this ratio will be reversed so that 80% of the redeveloped site will be greenery."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_Campus#Apple_Campus_2

Cupertino is not forests and meadows. It's Silicon freaking Valley, and has been under extreme development since the 1960s.

"The existing ratio of built-up area to landscaping on the site is 80:20. After Apple's redevelopment, this ratio will be reversed so that 80% of the redeveloped site will be greenery."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_Campus#Apple_Campus_2

That's pretty neat. It'll be more green. Not to mention the power generation will be more green too.

Back