More Drivers Accuse Amazon Of Not Paying Overtime

HardOCP News

[H] News
It seems that Amazon needs to start contracting with companies that don't get them sued, especially when it comes to stuff like overtime wages and other clear cut issues covered by federal law.

As Amazon shifts more of its logistics workload away from traditional parcel services like FedEx and UPS and toward contractors who deliver orders in Amazon’s name, the e-commerce giant continues to face legal challenges over the way those contracted workers are being treated. The latest example comes out of Illinois, where former delivery drivers are accusing Amazon of not paying them required overtime wages.

many drivers takes their time so they can get paid overtime (work harder, work faster)
many drivers don't take care of customers packaging (im sorry but you don't deserve a wage increase if your not careful, customer pay good money to get their unbroken package arrive on time).
respect, honesty, loyalty will give you a performance boost, a pay increase, if you are that person than its up to the company to give it to you. Should be like this everywhere even fedex and ups, etc..

many drivers takes their time so they can get paid overtime (work harder, work faster)
many drivers don't take care of customers packaging (im sorry but you don't deserve a wage increase if your not careful, customer pay good money to get their unbroken package arrive on time).
respect, honesty, loyalty will give you a performance boost, a pay increase, if you are that person than its up to the company to give it to you. Should be like this everywhere even fedex and ups, etc..

YEA QUIT TRYING TO WORK HARD AND GET PAID FOR IT!!!

what kind of kool aid you drinking where all delivery drivers are bad and if they are working 60 hours a week deserve to be paid for 40? Come on now.

I can accuse my employer of not paying overtime all I want. They still won't pay it.

Have you ever had a job in the real world?

One of the suits at my company actually concluded after he was presented with the numbers, that because the speed limit in cities is 35 and we cover about 35 miles in one day on average in a city, therefore we must only be working one hour every day!

No I'm not doing delivery, but drive this around occasionally:
10403615_1142627079088096_4022033961724440665_n.jpg

One of the suits at my company actually concluded after he was presented with the numbers, that because the speed limit in cities is 35 and we cover about 35 miles in one day on average in a city, therefore we must only be working one hour every day!
View attachment 9784

He will be voting to give himself a nice raise and bonus for that brilliant bit of deduction, I'm sure.

respect, honesty, loyalty will give you a performance boost, a pay increase, if you are that person than its up to the company to give it to you.

You have NEVER had a proper job in the real world and working for your Dad in the summer break doesn't count.

Respect, honesty and loyalty from an employer is very very hard to find. If you do find one, they wont be there long. Just do what you get paid to do and nothing more.

Nowadays the harder you work, the more they want from you, for less and less pay.

You are just a costing on a database, not an actual asset.

So according to the article, these guys are contractors, and they actually work for (and get paid by) the companies "Silverstar" and "Gold Standard". So shouldn't they take that up with their ACTUAL employer?
You just blew the lid off this!

Or is it that silver star is submitting the overtime charges to amazon to pay and amazon says no?

They are temp workers. overtime would be an issue with the temp agency. the agency and Amazon have a contract that covers everything you could think of. if they're not being paid over time that's because the agency decides not to. if that's legal for the circumstances and the state then they're fucked. if it's illegal then sure they have clause.

I'm an account manager for a company that offers contracting work.

Companies using temp workers/contractors is becoming very common. the client will pay slightly more per hour for each worker but they save money by not paying benefits, not giving raises, no paid time off, no holiday pay, etc. it's really unfair to the worker to be honest. I hate to see good workers who work their ass off for 2 years for a client expecting to be eventually hired on by them only to realize these companies aren't really hiring employees anymore. they're shrinking their work force and increasing the number of temps.

Last edited:
Reactions: ncjoe
like this
They are temp workers. overtime would be an issue with the temp agency. the agency and Amazon have a contract that covers everything you could think of. if they're not being paid over time that's because the agency decides not to. if that's legal for the circumstances and the state then they're fucked. if it's illegal then sure they have clause.

I'm an account manager for a company that offers contracting work.

Companies using temp workers/contractors is becoming very common. the client will pay slightly more per hour for each worker but they save money by not paying benefits, not giving raises, no paid time off, no holiday pay, etc. it's really unfair to the worker to be honest. I hate to see good workers who work their ass off for 2 years for a client expecting to be eventually hired on by them only to realize these companies aren't really hiring employees anymore. they're shrinking their work force and increasing the number of temps.

Agreed. My company I work for uses these services often. A few of us were able to convince them to hire some of the temps though. I think it is a great way to find diamonds in the rough, but not as many think of it as such a tool, usually just for quick work or disposable workers.

You just blew the lid off this!

Or is it that silver star is submitting the overtime charges to amazon to pay and amazon says no?

That may be possible too. Or Silver Star didn't get a good contract with Amazon which covers overtime, so now the execs there blame it on Amazon.

So according to the article, these guys are contractors, and they actually work for (and get paid by) the companies "Silverstar" and "Gold Standard". So shouldn't they take that up with their ACTUAL employer?

Because no one has ever heard of their actual employer.

Back