More DIR-615 problems, help? - Some pages wont load

Jakalwarrior

2[H]4U
There are some pages it just cant load. Yahoo mail, youtube, and about 1/4 of all pages I try to go to. Any ideas? I switch routers back to my ancient BEF and voula they load.
I turned off the DNS relay and that seems to have fixed the issue with having to manually enter the DNS in each computer but my wife cant live without youtube so....

Wouldnt even load it with her IP set as DMZ.

Couple of things to try:

Power off the DIR-615 and cable modem. Leave them off for a good ten minutes. Plug the modem back in first and then the router.

Try setting OpenDNS on the router's DHCP server and/or each of your computers.

Reset the router to factory defaults. (Then repeat the first recommendation.)

Reset the router to factory defaults then flash it with the latest firmware. (Then repeat the first recommendation.)

There's also a website filter function - make sure there are no entries in it. Resetting to the defaults will remedy this.

Tried that and still no dice. Will load most pages but there are still a lot it absolutely wont. I was hoping the different DNS server would work. Ohwell. D-Link is NOT going to give me an RMA either.
Not unless I stay on the phone with em for 8 hours, my time is worth more than this router.. and I know they are paying their phone techs more than what it would cost to give me a working one. Even if I did somehow get it to work, a retail product is not functional if it takes weeks of work for a computer geek to make it work.

Thanks for helping though, and sorry you had to read my rant ;)

Take it back to wherever you bought it from because it's fairly obvious that you got a dud. You can't escape duds in manufacturing and every vendor has them. We, as "geeks" must come to realize that in the end there are just some things we cannot fix and should return them for an exchange rather than spend our "30 day return policy" period trying to make something work that should have right from the start. :) It's a hard lesson to learn...

Back