more dead ballistix

RegisteredToPost

Limp Gawd
Like clockwork i have more dead ballistix. The first time, the machine would fail to post after crash or from off. Same symptoms, about four months after replacment. Suspecting the ballistix, this morning before work i started shuffling around ballistix. One of the sticks prevent the system from posting. I had to reseat the cpu for some reason, but with the suspect good stick installed all is stable. With the second all is not well.

Good god maybe i'll get some good ram this time around.......Maybe they'll pay for shipping.

I see the dead ballistix thread got pushed back pages, have people been reporting dead memory recently i havent been around here much...

BL6464Z503.8TD is the toetag for this one...

you're the second person to get a dead stick in like 2 or 3 months. if they replace it, you'll get a stick with 5b G... different chips :p

Well i recall from the old thread, a bad batch went out apparently, but i thought the problem had been fixed. I thought maybe these new ones would be good....Screw crucial, too bad they're really easy to deal with :p

the majority of the problems are with the 1gb sticks though, and it appears to have been fixed with the .16TD1 revision.. the 512mb sticks is another story all together, and crucial just switched back to using 16 5b G chips instead of using single sided (8 chips) 5b D :p

yeah my crucial ballistix tracers pc4000 (1gb sticks) are
BL12864L503.16TD1. Don't know what kind of overclock they get, but they seem to be stable.

Old thread i know.

However, i just received my fourth replacement for the Ballistix memory i purchased a bit more than one year ago.

Recent dead modules: BL6464Z505.16TG
Replacement Modules: BL 6464Z505.16TG2Y

I noticed they changed the heatspreader to a flat, thiner piece of aluminum and added a silver boarder. Lets see how long these last. Crucial will not be my first pick of memory for future purchases...

They said that if i need to replace them for the fifth fucking time, they dont want me to receive the ballistix. When asked why, they had absolutely no good reason....

lol crazy!
i made a similar post like this on NVnews
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=87813
My ballistix went dead on me too.
First Set = 12/12/05
Second Set = 4/27/06
Third Set = Don't have an date but it was sometime in August of 06
Fourth Set (current one) = 03/08/07
and of ALL days..my birthday lol

Needless to say...I'm DONE with crucial
Crazy...i posted in this thread too...I jinxed myself...
;-(

just go buy some oem micron, it works great

I shouldn't have to buy new ram. I'll just get go through the RMA process forever until I get a good pair.
I'm hoping to move to a conroe setup soon so i prolly won't deal with this issue anymore :-(

what happened to your last batches everyone. I waiting for my own new batch its supposed to be a pair of 512mb pc3200

are they still sending out those 5bG sticks?

I got my replacement

BL6464Z402.16TG2Y

what's the news on these babies?

same here, my cl11176.wc just died on me today....browsing internet, pc just restarted and would not boot.... one stick is dead, pc won't boot with it....damn sux

Back