More crack!

hound

2[H]4U
So...I went to the apple store yesterday just to look around...and walked out with a mini.

Bought the putty knives and put in a GB of RAM just now. Tiger is so smooth. I'm now watching a movie that I ripped with Mac the Ripper, chatting on Adium, and surfing with Camino. This thing looks damn sweet hooked up to my Dell 2005FPW.

Costly crack, but pretty. Very pretty.

I got it with the standard combo drive and 40Gb hard drive (did add the wireless and bluetooth), but am planning to build a peripherals box that will hold a DVD burner and external hard drive. I'll post pictures of the box and mini together when done.

It all started with an airport express, then an iPod, now the mini. I shudder to think what will be next...I haven't really used an Apple since 1998, but this thing is damn sexy. *swoons*

lol...congrats and I hope you enjoyed having money cause this will probably be your new habit!!

gigglebyte said:
lol...congrats and I hope you enjoyed having money cause this will probably be your new habit!!

Thanks, and, considering all the computer stuff that I'm surrounded by, this is already my money sucking habit! Now there's just a new store to visit.

Another crack addict here ... just pickup a sweet 1.5ghz 1g ram 17'' PB ... god damm its big.

Its a comming back to apple for me since I already had a pm 8500/180 back in the days .... a wooping 7500$ CAN.

The last nail in the coffin was me buying a ipod photo ...

Man I wish I had some $$ to blow. I just got a PW BnW, its not the fastest, but still fun. Back to breaking it ... lol

Since hopefully soon enough I will be upgrading my mac mini to 1gb of ram and the dell 2005fpw, I have to ask, how is working with the widescreen resolution of the Dell? I know mine has some slow visuals with 1280x1024 moving windows around and watching garageband play through. Not to mention widgets...
Thanks

illgiveumorality said:
Since hopefully soon enough I will be upgrading my mac mini to 1gb of ram and the dell 2005fpw, I have to ask, how is working with the widescreen resolution of the Dell? I know mine has some slow visuals with 1280x1024 moving windows around and watching garageband play through. Not to mention widgets...
Thanks

All the slowness should go away with the GB, I would suggest the PQI, it works great, and is cheap. The mini handles the resolution of the 2005FPW just fine, auto detected everything and it looks great.

hound said:
All the slowness should go away with the GB, I would suggest the PQI, it works great, and is cheap. The mini handles the resolution of the 2005FPW just fine, auto detected everything and it looks great.

Really? I hear Expose` doesn't run too well with only 32MBs of video ram. Does it run choppy?

Back