Moon looks Remarkably Like The Death Star

rgMekanic

[H]ard|News
NASA's Cassini spacecraft has sent back some amazing images in it's 20 year service, and one image it has captured is this of Tethys, Saturn's fifth-largest moon. In this photo, Tethys' crater, Odysseus, makes the moon look suspiciously like the Death Star.
Pretty incredible photo, and I do see the resemblance for sure. Cassini produced some of the most spectacular images of Saturn that we may ever get, and on Friday the 15th Cassini was torpedoed into Saturn. Cassini's final image can be found here.

Better than Mimas? Another moon of Saturn. Hey, Saturn has a couple of Death Star kids, eh?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mimas_(moon)

435578main_pia12570-full.jpg

Some more pics here: https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/cassini/multimedia/pia12570.html

Could artificial intelligence learn to love mankind. You know we could be better and grow. Sigh.

All it needs is a small thermal exhaust port...
Nah just need some kid that has magical powers.

I mean if he can make a bomb make a 90 degree turn and travel miles down a pipe i bet he could find a way even without a exhaust Port. Which probably wouldn't even work in space as there's no atmosphere to transfer heat. The whole outside ds skin should have been a gaint heatsink.

Nah just need some kid that has magical powers.

I mean if he can make a bomb make a 90 degree turn and travel miles down a pipe i bet he could find a way even without a exhaust Port. Which probably wouldn't even work in space as there's no atmosphere to transfer heat. The whole outside ds skin should have been a gaint heatsink.

And how do you expect that heatsink to work, if there's no gaseous substance, such as air, for the heat to transfer to? :)

What is if IS a Death star
You are all joking, but it would have a gravitational pull
And star wars was in another galaxy long ago....what if it didn't blow up, but got thrown into hyperspace and was pulled out by the pull of Saturn and over the centuries it has become encrusted in space debris and asteroids and now just orbits...cold and alone
Fuck this....someone get onto NASA and get them to land a probe on that moon ASAP

And star wars was in another galaxy long ago....what if it didn't blow up, but got thrown into hyperspace and was pulled out by the pull of Saturn and over the centuries it has become encrusted in space debris and asteroids and now just orbits...cold and alone
Fuck this....someone get onto NASA and get them to land a probe on that moon ASAP

You're about 51 years late in suggesting that. Been there done that. Got the t-shirt.

I prefer to think of it as the Death Star looks remarkably like that moon. You know, the other way around.

I dunno it really looked like the Death Star blew up to my eyes.

Boring facts:

There are three kinds of heat transfer: conduction, convection, and radiation. To make a long story short: if you needed an atmosphere for radiation to work, the Earth would be a very cold place.

Stupid news item looks remarkably like stupid news item.

Back