Month Of Apple Bugs Begins

HardOCP News

[H] News
The “Month of bugs” featuring Apple computers has begun and a bug has already been found. According to the website, the initiative is an effort to improve Mac OS X by uncovering security flaws in different Apple software and third-party applications.

A vulnerability exists in the handling of the rtsp:// URL handler. By supplying a specially crafted string (rtsp:// [random] + semicolon + [299 bytes padding + payload]), an attacker could overflow a stack-based buffer, using either HTML, Javascript or a QTL file as attack vector, leading to an exploitable remote arbitrary code execution condition.

Didnt their commercials say that they dont have the security problems that Windows does?

BoogerBomb said:
Didnt their commercials say that they dont have the security problems that Windows does?

Yep, and I bet they fooled a lot of people at it too.

Steve said:
...the initiative is an effort to improve Mac OS X by uncovering security flaws...

Ok, I think I get it now... When flaws are discovered in OS X, it's just improving security, but when flaws are discovered in Windows, it's because Windows is a steaming pile of crap and Microsoft should die and burn in hell because they are capitalistic pigs and how dare they have so much of the market, shame on them...

Got it...
[/Sarcasm]

Back