Monster Hunter: World Global Sales Boosted by Steam Release

cageymaru

Fully [H]
Capcom has announced that their global smash hit Monster Hunter: World has shipped over 10 million copies. Reaching this important milestone has been accelerated by the release of the PC version on the Steam platform as the overall sales numbers include digital download and home console sales. Cumulative sales of the Monster Hunter series has exceeded the 50 million mark.

SteamDB figures for the game tell us even more information as they estimate that the average playtime in the past 2 weeks is 32.5 hours and sales on the Steam platform are around the 2 - 5 million mark. This is in line with previous sales numbers as Capcom announced 8.3 million in sales just before the Steam release. There are 271,979 gamers playing the title right now and the all-time peak player count was 334,684. Strong digital sales for the title could lead to a greater variety of games being released onto the Steam platform in the future.

The Monster Hunter series consists of hunting action games that pit players against giant monsters in a beautiful natural environment. The series has sparked a social phenomenon known as the "Monster Hunter Craze" by introducing a new kind of communication style for players through cooperative play focused on hunting monsters with their friends.

Great game, great series. I'm looking forward to an entry in the series like World but on a portable console like the Switch. We're getting MH: Generations Ultimate on Switch soon, but none of the QoL changes from World.

Goes to show how much people know games like this guy did. https://hardforum.com/threads/monster-hunter-world-pc-requirements-leaked.1963805/#post-1043718217

It's such a good game.
It's the first game since Subnautica that has had me thinking about it constantly. I'm at work checking the wiki and planning what to do next. Great game. Unfortunately, the multiplayer aspect is pretty crap at the moment, but Capcom says they're working directly with Steam to get that fixed.

It's almost like releasing a game on every platform causes more copies of the game to be sold.

What a novel concept. Can't believe it.

Yeah, a platform holder better be paying you a lot for exclusivity. Otherwise you are just leaving money on the table.

Average play time over the past 2 weeks is over 30 hours. Now I know some extreme gamers boost that but with millions of sales that doesnt explain how people have that much time to play gamea

I saw it recently at a LAN party I went to. Game looks sick! And so many people were playing it!

Turns out you can get it running like a champ on Linux too. I don't own it yet so haven't tried myself. Maybe I'll cover that at some point soon.

I'm glad this came to computer though! Perfect platform for such a beautiful game.

Average play time over the past 2 weeks is over 30 hours. Now I know some extreme gamers boost that but with millions of sales that doesnt explain how people have that much time to play gamea
I have triple that... I'm between jobs.

A connectivity patch would be nice.
As would some performance fixes, too.

Hopefully they see this as a reason to properly develop future PC versions of games rather than put out buggy console ports. I really like the game but it shouldn't have so many connection issues and performance should be a lot better.

Back