Monster Hunter Rise (Confirmed) - Official Thread

With no save transfer this is probably a no-go from me, at least on launch. Not really willing to replay all of Rise again.

I tried the demo, seems to run well. The map was pretty small and mostly made up of different lanes in a rock cliff. Is this game less open than world? That’s not necessarily a bad thing I’m just trying to figure out what to expect.

It's more open than world, but also a lot emptier. Because you can spiderman anywhere you want in the map - including over mountains - getting to where you need to be is extremely quick. You can also ride your dog which is much, much faster than running and has infinite stamina.

"Extremely quick" seems to be one of the main goals of the game, as everything seems to be a bit faster than any previous MonHun. I loved that about the game tbh.

Also, the demo is only one map, the other maps are quite a bit more varied.

Not that far away! That new town has a completely different feel from the original village.

Looks like green man gaming has 17% off of the preorder. Maybe I’ll grab it.

Yeah, I think i'm gonna pick up the PC version as well. I enjoyed my 150~ hours with the switch version, but playing at 1440p160hz will probably be more enjoyable than 720p30.

Looks like green man gaming has 17% off of the preorder. Maybe I’ll grab it.

If you have an account with them go check the XP section - there's a voucher that adds an additional 5% off any PC titles, so if that stacks with the 17 it can make it one of the better discounts for both the normal and Deluxe version. Another option for those who are Humble Choice subscribers is you can get a 20% off min discount on most items on the Humble Store (they like GMG are legit Steam keysellers )

Unless they figure out a way to transfer saves from Switch to PC (even if it has to be with a hacked Switch, since I have one), I think I will pass on this. Until Sunbreak comes out, at least.

Is this game any better than Monster Hunter World?
I might pick it up since it lands on my 2 days off prob. get the CD Keys version.

Is this game any better than Monster Hunter World?
I might pick it up since it lands on my 2 days off prob. get the CD Keys version.
I don't know if I would say better, it is different though, much faster to traverse the maps and the wirebug gives a lot more mobility than World. I think overall it felt like an easier game coming off of World, though.

So far I’m enjoying this. It seems like they cut out a lot of the downtime between missions that World had. Everything in the village is close together so you can grab what you need quickly and head back out to another hunt.

The initial hunts seem easier too, I haven’t tried multiplayer yet but I remember some early stuff in World taking a while to kill while alone.

I haven’t had any technical issues and the game runs well. I’m not sure if the graphics are any better than World, maybe a touch worse but it still looks fine.

Monster Hunter Rise's first expansion is arriving this summer

Capcom has finally unveiled full details for Sunbreak, the upcoming "massive expansion" for Monster Hunter Rise...Sunbreak will take place off the back of the Rampage questline from the base game, so you'll need to have completed the 7-star hub quest 'Serpent Goddess of Thunder' first

There'll be a bundle of new beasties to beat down, like the return of Astalos and a new variation of the terrifying flying monkey Bishaten called Blood Orange Bishaten...there's also the Three Lords, an almighty trio of legendary monsters...there's the werewolf-like Lunagaron, Dracula inspired Mlzeno and Garangolm who appears to be inspired by golems...

the DLC will cost $39.99 and is set to release on June 30, along with a 13 GB patch that you'll need to download regardless of whether or not you pick up Sunbreak...

Last edited:
Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak- Garangolm Gameplay

Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak- A Tour of the Citadel

New Monster Hunter Rise Update 10.0.2 adds DLSS on PC, support for Sunbreak Expansion, New Story and More...

Steam-Version-Only Additions and Changes

-A new "Classic" filter has been added
-New vibration types 1 to 3 were added for Controller Vibration options under Game Settings
-Vibration 2 has been made the default vibration type in the options
-New keyboard setting options added under Controls: "Palamute - Cancel Mount" and "Wyvern Riding - Evasion"
-The Controls options menu has been resorted
-New Display option: Adjust Position of Ultra-wide Menu
-There is now a "Detailed Photo Mode" which allows for extra options such as adjusting focal length and applying filters in real time
-The game now supports NVIDIA DLSS
-Lighting effects added for supported Razer products

full patch notes at the link below...

https://www.monsterhunter.com/rise-sunbreak/update/en-us/ver10_00_02.html

My boi Gore and his Mommy Shagaru are both confirmed. I've been playing a lot of Rise End game to get ready for this expansion.

Hit me with the update Capcom!

Finished the "final" boss of Sunbreak last night. The expansion is WAY more difficult and better balanced than base rise. Also the armor sets and weapons are really damn cool.

The final boss was also just an entirely amazing fight and, well, it's not over yet. Final boss spoilers:
the final boss is basically The Devil, rising from a pit of hell. It's special "oh fuck" attack has it trying to escape the pit of hell on wings made of fire and raining down firey meteorites essentially causing the apocalypse. It's so fucking cool.

There appears to be an entire rank above Master Rank - I'm currently rank A*3 and I think it'll end around A*6.

The fights post final boss are some of the most challenging I've had in Monster Hunter, in a good way. Not in that bullshit wystone for 4U or DPS checks like Alatreon in World. Just crazy fast paced, hard hitting monsters with some unique attacks.

I still have a few questions marks on the weapon tree, I know that one of them is the
Magnamalo Variant, who's armor has floating ghost katanas.
but I honestly don't know what the other one or two are.

Last edited:
Posted a thread comparing Monster Hunter World vs: Monster Hunter Rise
on the Steam Forums just wanted to know what was the better game I got 7 pages of replies and 110+ posts in two days. Some of these guys are pretty damn serious about this game to no end I don't even know wtf they are talking about I didn't read every reply. It's on top of the forum if you want to check it out but must of hit the Monster Hunter vibe. I own Monster Hunter World which is kinda awkward but I haven't tried the Switch Port only 20.00 on CD Keys.

They're both good games, a bit different but there's still a lot of free DLC to come to Rise so it's kinda hard to compare to the finished version of World at the moment. I spent 650 or so hours in World+Iceborne, and I'm at about 300 hours in Rise and can easily see another 100+.

Anyway, speaking of Rise, this is what I posted in a different forum about my experience with the Sunbreak Update 1.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I hit MR50 today and also I’ve played 3 of the 4 “new” monsters and I’ve actually carted to failure multiple times.

Silver Rathalos in Rise is, by far, the most exciting rath fight in any MH game. I’m gonna redo that fight a bunch just for fun. The speed is perfect. The fireballs are like dodging bullet hell, and the health is just the right amount where he dies just as you’re about to give up all hope. I never thought I’d actually enjoy a Rathalos fight,but here we are. Also the armor is fucking amazing.

Seething Bagel is a fucking monster, definitely what the fight should have been in Iceborne. There’s just so much going on that it’s hard to follow. Super Fast, litters the arena with exploding pinecones at such a rate that they’re actively a hazard.

Gold Rathian is pretty fun, nothing on silver rathalos. A bit more poison, a bit less fireball fury.

I also unlocked Sunbreaks version of Furious Rajang and fuck that ape. Holy fuck. I hate this fight and hope to never fight this fucking monkey ever again. It has a move that I unaffectionately call “Pinball from hell.” And it’s bullshit.

I should mention that I’m a tank/heal hunting horn build, so carting me takes a fair amount of effort on the monster and a lot of ridiculously poor playing on my part.

I’ll get to Lucent Nargacuga tonight. Hopefully I’ll get to Scorched Magnamalo sometime. But MR100 is a fair bit away.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alright, played a ton of the expansion since update 1 hit, I’m now MR71, and AR 62. This took a lot of grinding. A LOT of grinding. When the update hit, I was only AR11 and it basically took one run to get 1 to 1.5 levels of AR.
Luckily there are an absolute fuckton of people playing so playing an Anomaly run at the highest AR that I had available was pretty easy, and generally the people who are attempting anything past about AR40 are pretty elite players so the runs went smoothly. Also, I needed to get Anomaly parts from a huge variety of monsters so this fulfilled multiple functions.
Anyway, getting from AR 11 to AR60 took over 10 hours, and I was pretty damn focused on my goal once I beat Silver\Gold Raths enough to get the equipment I needed for my current armor set. I did stop a few times to augment armor, and had mild success. The items I need to augment the Silver/Gold Rath sets require AR80, I think, as by AR60 I haven’t found any of them yet. (Prime Amber Essence).
I’m still gonna attempt to unlock the last few monsters currently available, which requires MR100 and AR80, but I know its gonna take a while to get there. At least the grind is WAY better now. The fact that higher level Anomaly monsters are actually difficult and different enough to fight - among all monsters - that it makes grinding less about grinding a particular monster and more about just grinding whatever the best Anomaly Investigation for your level happens to be. All high level Anomaly investigations will drop at least some of the essence that you need for armor augmentation and materials need to get all weapons to level 10 and weapon augmentation.
That’s a wonderful thing.

A new Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak update is now live on PC and Nintendo Switch, fixing some issues in both versions of the game...the biggest change included in the 11.0.2 update is a fix for hair and fur issues on PC...due to this bug, fur and hair wouldn't be displayed with FXAA or NVIDIA DLSS enabled...

https://www.monsterhunter.com/rise-sunbreak/update/en-us/ver11_00_02.html

Yay they fixed the "bug" with anomaly level resetting if you choose it before choosing a particular monster. That was a UI choice that really annoyed me.

I re-bought this on PC to play on the Steam Deck. All I can say is thank god for mods, I can try to give myself the items and gear I have on my Switch save that Capcom decided didn't get to transfer over.

I imagine if I'm still with it until end game again, I'll probably pick up Sunbreak....

Back