Monoprice wall mounts and a few mounting questions

Joony

Limp Gawd
Greetings all,

I would like your opinion on the wallmounts you got from monoprice. I just picked up the Low Profile Wall Mount Bracket for LCD Plasma (Max 165Lbs, 37~63inch) for my Westinghouse TX 42". This is going to be a really budget HTPC setup! Cheap 1080p TV, cheap wallmount, cheap PC speakers (Logitech Z-5500s), sweet!

So, I plan on wallmounting it at my apartment. I'm not sure if my lease allows it or not, but I'm sure I can hide the screw holes with some drywall patching stuff. Ideally, i'd like to run the wiring inside the wall, but that's too much of a hassle, so I ended up picking up some Wiremold CordMate II plastic channels.

The reason I chose this instead of the thicker hometheater one is because my the Westinghosue TX is not flat on the back, it has a 'hump' in the middle for the 100 x 100 VESA mount. (I'm also somewhat sad that the TX isn't flat on the back with giant spaced mount holes like other TVs of this size, 100mm just seems weak!) I will end up using two plastic channels, one on the left, and one on the right. This would also help seperate the power cable from the HDMI cable and stuff.

Anyhow, back to my question, how is the quality of the monoprice mounts? Does it have any security features to prevent theft?

In regards to the screen height, is ideal being eye level (while sitting on the couch) on the bottom third of the screen? Do you folk who got the flat mount ever wished you had a tilt mount?

That's about it for now! I'll post pics up in about a week or two when I move down.

I got this one :

http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...cs_id=1082801&p_id=3004&seq=1&format=2&style=

Before I made my purchase, I read every comments of users had about those brackets. I felt confident enough and while they are very cheap, I decided to give them a try. Quite frankly, I got surprised on the overall quality. The metal gauge is thick enough (2 mm I believe on mine) and the finish is like powder coated. At the time of my purchase, there were no low profile available so I settled with the wide version since I wanted it to be secured on three studs (and since my TV is large enough to completely cover it).

When installed, the TV is about 4 inches off of the wall. At first, I was a bit concerned about this but in the end, when sitting in front of my TV, I don't even notice it and I came to completely forget about it. I did use the tilting feature once, when I installed the TV. Other than that, I do not have real use of it once it is set up. There is also the slide feature that is nice to have for adjusting a few inches from left to right. My bracket does not have an anti-theft feature but they do have some stoppers to prevent the TV to fall off (duh..).

My wife insisted to mount the top of the TV 72" up in the air. At first, I was skeptical but in the end, it does give a great "home cinema" feel. There are not real "rule" to set the height of the TV but most people prefer to have it at eye level. i have added 2 pictures, before and after wall mount. There are still some wires to hide so this is a work in progress since I want to "brick" the wall (with ½" thick brick), hide the wires and hang the TV once again, later this fall.

For your information, my TV is the Panasonic TH-50PH9UK. It is about 23" X 48". Back to the mount question, I have had a look at those available at costco. They seem to be of less quality than those at monoprice, while being more expensive. Aside from the anti-theft feature you are looking for, those brackets are really up to the hype. I plan on mounting a 37" viewsonic in the bedroom so I will most probably buy another one from monoprice :cool:

Hope this helps,

Para

Gotta bring this thread back alive. I just recently bought a 42 inch Sharp LCD TV. I plan on mounting it on the wall. Looking at brackets, I see them all over the board as far as price goes - the ones mentioned in this thread are in the 20 dollar range. But while searching around - I found a blog saying that this guy only uses ones from Peerless, these suckers are nearing the $200 mark. What's the difference? I'm assuming you guys are pleased with your mounts from the thread. I guess I'm just looking for more reassurance.

i bought the 25 dollar one on monoprice with tilt. Im hoping to get it installed this week. Opened the box and it looks good.

Why would you be worried about theft? Use the lock on your door and thats pretty much all you can do... oh and don't advertise it for the world to see... "what one can't see can't hurt ones heart"

I tried to install mine but the abhors were complete crap, they twisted inside the dry wall. I would recommend getting some much better metal anchors.

So i opened mine and the mount for the wall is the same length as my tv is wide. I got the 30-60 on monoprice for my 37inch westy. Im going to have to mount it perfect to not see the stand. I think youll see it from the side. There were two options and the smaller one said the max was 36 inches. Should have gotten that one.

Back