Monoprice to sell re-branded FSM-270YG 2560x1440 IPS for $390

Monoprice contacted me about the light bleed and offered to send me another monitor. They do not receive another shipment until the 15th of April, so I will be waiting till then. Hopefully they will cross ship. I will be uploading some photo/video tonight. I m a school teacher and it has been a rough week.

Monoprice contacted me about the light bleed and offered to send me another monitor. They do not receive another shipment until the 15th of April, so I will be waiting till then. Hopefully they will cross ship. I will be uploading some photo/video tonight. I m a school teacher and it has been a rough week.

How bad is the light bleed on yours?

How bad is the light bleed on yours?

I will let you be the judge. I am not a monitor connoisseur like many of you guys. I will be back home from lunch and errands in a couple hours and quickly get up a video/photo of the monitor.

Bezel:
DSC_0634_zps5707798a.jpg

DSC_0638_zps8f957c7b.jpg

DSC_0639_zpsd172df9b.jpg

DSC_0640_zpsa6937c48.jpg

DSC_0641_zps91e917e2.jpg

DSC_0645_zps33a9cf2b.jpg

DSC_0644_zps519eec6f.jpg

DSC_0661_zps57143626.jpg

DSC_0660_zpsa4c36690.jpg

DSC_0664_zps30d5515f.jpg

DSC_0663_zps081ee3c2.jpg

DSC_0666_zps12dc9777.jpg

DSC_0668_zpse066ffee.jpg

Comparison between 22" 225aw Syncmaster and Monoprice:

DSC_0637-1_zps3d122419.jpg

DSC_0641_zps91e917e2.jpg

DSC_0636-1_zps2010c09a.jpg

DSC_0669_zpscc082797.jpg

Lightbleed:

DSC_0656_zps0ebef782.jpg

General Image:

DSC_0654_zpsaa745c6f.jpg

DSC_0652_zpsc975e132.jpg

DSC_0652_zpsc975e132.jpg

DSC_0634_zps5707798a.jpg

DSC_0635_zpse953fab8.jpg

DSC_0638_zps8f957c7b.jpg

DSC_0639_zpsd172df9b.jpg

Last edited:
Video is in the one small image. Sorry I took it in mainly the dark since I was just showing the light bleed. Holy shit it shows up way crappy in this video. Ill have to re-do that.

*****I mounted the monitor upside down. What do you guys think, good or bad ?*****

Got mine since Friday. Asides being perfect pixels, there is this little light bleed at the middle top edege.
And also, there is a crack on the stand mount (black plastic peice on the monitor side, where clear plastic sterm joints monitor).

Last edited:
When I connect this monitor to the base is it supposed to be slightly angle (like seen in the pics above) or is it suppose to be straight?
I thought I just connected it to the base wrong.

I gotta say this monitor is great for the price.
A lil backlight bleed in the bottom middle, but nothing that bad esp. with no bleeding anywhere else and no dead pixels :)

When I connect this monitor to the base is it supposed to be slightly angle (like seen in the pics above) or is it suppose to be straight?
I thought I just connected it to the base wrong.

I gotta say this monitor is great for the price.
A lil backlight bleed in the bottom middle, but nothing that bad esp. with no bleeding anywhere else and no dead pixels :)

Unit i recieved is tilted. Picture shows on MONOPRICE is straight.

Got my Crossover 30Q5 Pro 30" this afternoon and got it setup this evening... Absolutely beautiful. Will post pics soon.

Got my 27'' Monoprice panel a week ago. The unit is pretty nice. No warpage, No stuck or dead pixel, Panel uniformity is pretty decent (just checked on a dark room with black wallpaper). I could see small amount of light bleed on right bottom corner but nothing too bad.

I did the basic calibration using the Windows calibration tool and it looks pretty nice . All in all, Worth it for 350+shipping I paid. The stand is pretty bad and very wobbly (but I knew that before ordering), Manual was a korean language one for Crossover 2720/2730. Not sure if it is the same.

Other than the sticker on the back that says LED, I dont see any other indication this is LED and not CCFL.

I have it connected it to my HD5870 card along with a 24'' Viewsonic VP2365wb (CCFL IPS panel) . Both are on DVI ports on the card. No issues so far (Monitors go to sleep and wakeup fine etc).

Played SCII multiplayer games with no problem. I did try BF3 Campaign and Skyrim and didnt notice any lag. I will have to probably update my card to a GTX680 or HD7970 to push more framerate though.

All in all, Pretty good buy.

My screen one side is brighter than the other.

To find out if yours suffer from the same problem, adjust brightness(monitor) to minimal. Open up a white image and drag it from side to side across the screen to see if nonuniformity in brightness occurs.

I did overlook that that stand does tilt. Not to say I didn't notice it, but forgot to say anything. I put little weight into it as I m just going to wall mount it this week anyways.

@Ladic, I can try and dig up the site, but if you want I can just mail you the photo since I downloaded a couple hundred and this one stuck out.

Seems like these are now available and in stock. Just got mine yesterday, and I have to say for the money it is well worth it. No stuck/dead pixels that I can see, no oddities in the screen, backlight bleed is pretty good for an IPS panel, well within acceptable limits so it seems like I definitely lucked out on the lottery there. Coming from a 37" 1080p HDTV it is an amazing experience, the sharpness and the smoothness of the display.

The one place I didn't win the lottery isn't the stand itself, but the "bolt" that mounts the arm to the base of the stand. Not exactly high quality metal, and they installed it at an angle so after three or four turns trying to get it out the face of the bolt sheared off. there's enough of it that I can set it in the stand.but it's a tad wobby. Going to attack the bolt with some pliers later tonight and I need to look up VESA mounts for this thing. Hopefully the 100x100 mount capability they mention in the product description is accurate.

Back