Monoprice to sell re-branded FSM-270YG 2560x1440 IPS for $390

Judging by the bezeling and Overlord's change of bezeling it will be the same panel/bezel. Overlord is going to offer an adjustable stand, but no idea if it is increased in price. The panel should be the same LG panel and compatible with the Overlord PCB that is sold separately.

You can remove the clear stand. Look at Richard's pictures of 3 of these monitors. All three have the clear piece removed. More than likely you just need to open the housing and remove a bolt or two and reassemble. I m just guessing but they probably do not have any void warranty stickers on the two mating surfaces of the side of the bezel.

As far as who else is ordering...I am. I was torn between Overlord and Monoprice, but Monoprice is ready now and Overlord will not be ready till mid-April. My second monitor may be a Overlord OC'd, but I really don't need the added HZ right now.

just got off work and they sold em already? more on the 22 nd i guess... anybody got a code for discount like the old 20% one?

just got off work and they sold em already? more on the 22 nd i guess... anybody got a code for discount like the old 20% one?

I used the CATALOG12 code and it gave me %10, I didn't try the INCENTIVE code as I heard it doesn't work any more. Forgot to mention that in my previous post sorry.

I just ordered one, they don't notify you when they are in stock.

CATALOG12 code still works.

I just ordered one, they don't notify you when they are in stock.

CATALOG12 code still works.

Same here, worked perfectly. Talked to someone yesterday about why the system was so terrible with auto notify. The lady told me there were over 8,000 people signed up for auto notify and the quantity of stock that get in is a fraction of that.

Placed my order for one :D so excited

This $9 next day shipping is interesting, hope it works.

Will post a quick review over the weekend for you guys, and if you have any specific questions let me know :p

Placed my order for one :D so excited

This $9 next day shipping is interesting, hope it works.

Will post a quick review over the weekend for you guys, and if you have any specific questions let me know :p

Damn, I didn't see that. I clearly rushed the order process. Cheapest shipping option for me was $21.xx

Damn, I didn't see that. I clearly rushed the order process. Cheapest shipping option for me was $21.xx

Maybe because I'm in California as well , I've never heard of the delivery service though (Norco)

My replacement unit shipped yesterday. Have had one since early Jan with a perfect panel, but the bezel is warped and covers a tiny portion of the panel at bottom (as described earlier in the thread). Fingers crossed that (a) I get another pixel-perfect panel, and (b) they haven't suddenly switched to heavy AG panels like the Microcenter/Auria did recently.

Friend of mine and myself ordered them today. Anxious to get the new screen and see how she performs. Ill get some nice high res photos up once she shows up.

mine came in today :D guess $9 overnight shipping worked out

Couple initial thoughts

The case and stand are pretty cheap. My screen actually doesnt seem to fit in all the way into the stand, kind of annoying. Also they could have picked something nicer than Monoprice to put on the front, making some cool sounding name wouldnt have been too hard

The screen however is pretty stunning coming from the old syncmaster. My eyes need a little time to adjust to the size and clarity. The stand issue is a bummer though :/

mine came in today :D guess $9 overnight shipping worked out

Couple initial thoughts

The case and stand are pretty cheap. My screen actually doesnt seem to fit in all the way into the stand, kind of annoying. Also they could have picked something nicer than Monoprice to put on the front, making some cool sounding name wouldnt have been too hard

The screen however is pretty stunning coming from the old syncmaster. My eyes need a little time to adjust to the size and clarity. The stand issue is a bummer though :/

pics or it didn't happen.

IMG_20130322_221342_zps2fc246ac.jpg

Oh it happened :p

How you like the monitor?

I like it so far , love that its glossy

Haven't had a chance to game on it yet, probably later today. Also i have to fix this stand issue :/

If you guys have any specific questions about the screen ask away :)

My current screen is matte, not sure how I feel about the glossy look. Anyone else in here not like glossy screens?

Any chance you can see if the clear portion of the stand removes? I intend on ordering a VESA wall mount so a cheap stand was never a real concern.

Any chance you can see if the clear portion of the stand removes? I intend on ordering a VESA wall mount so a cheap stand was never a real concern.

Doesn't feel like it , maybe if I remove the entire back casing.

My current screen is matte, not sure how I feel about the glossy look. Anyone else in here not like glossy screens?
I'd sworn off glossy for the longest time, then took the plunge when I was able to order this for $310 shipped back in January. Now I don't think I can go back. Seems to be the most common experience, from what I've read.

I have a window at a 90° angle to the panel, as well as overhead lighting, but neither produces direct glare that's completely unacceptable. The glare is always there in some form, but my brain has quickly learned to tune it out. If you have lighting farther behind you and/or a window 180° from the panel, I'd be a little more concerned, though.

Regarding the stand: it's definitely a POS, and it's fairly mind-boggling that they made it non-removable. This monitor would be a 10/10 for the price if it weren't for that.

I'd sworn off glossy for the longest time, then took the plunge when I was able to order this for $310 shipped back in January. Now I don't think I can go back. Seems to be the most common experience, from what I've read.

I have a window at a 90° angle to the panel, as well as overhead lighting, but neither produces direct glare that's completely unacceptable. The glare is always there in some form, but my brain has quickly learned to tune it out. If you have lighting farther behind you and/or a window 180° from the panel, I'd be a little more concerned, though.

Regarding the stand: it's definitely a POS, and it's fairly mind-boggling that they made it non-removable. This monitor would be a 10/10 for the price if it weren't for that.

is it supposed to just fall into the stand? or does it need to be screwed into place once it it slotted in?

How does this monitor compare to the Crossover monitor from eBay?

How does this monitor compare to the Crossover monitor from eBay?

Very well, I have one and it is great. All the reviews says it is the same panel used as the korean ones, plus you have the added benefit of a return policy and American warranty

is it supposed to just fall into the stand? or does it need to be screwed into place once it it slotted in?
I've yet to figure that out. It doesn't inspire a lot of confidence that it won't just fall out with an accidental shove or something.

Anyone been able to fit a VESA-mount stand on this monitor despite the shitty glass arm sticking out?

Anyone who ordered got a perfect screen in term of dead pixel?
My first panel was perfect, but had the warped bezel. I got the replacement today and it has a single dead pixel (as far as I can tell). So not bad from my sample size of 2.

I just bought a glossy Dell IPS/LED monitor and immediately switched back to my old anti-glare TN monitor. I keep the blinds closed and lights off, but could still see the entire room on top of whatever I was doing when it was still light outside. It's amazing when its pitch black, but that's only half my time on the computer. I'm returning it and shopping for something else.

I'd really like a 2560x1600 monitor with an anti-glare screen for cheap. I don't want it enough to spend $1000, I'd drop $400 max on it.

Looking to sell my two HP 22"-inchers for a 2560x1600 experience.. ever since I learn of these cheaper brands. First things first though got to sell before I buy :) Need to put up some craigslist ads soon.

I just bought a glossy Dell IPS/LED monitor and immediately switched back to my old anti-glare TN monitor. I keep the blinds closed and lights off, but could still see the entire room on top of whatever I was doing when it was still light outside. It's amazing when its pitch black, but that's only half my time on the computer. I'm returning it and shopping for something else.

I'd really like a 2560x1600 monitor with an anti-glare screen for cheap. I don't want it enough to spend $1000, I'd drop $400 max on it.

I believe the microcenter is selling their $400 1440p screen with antiglare

My only concern with this monitor is the Dual Link Digital DVI-D input. Who knows if video cards in 2+ years will even support this input.

I got my monitor today and so far I'm thoroughly impressed. It is a bit heavy on the "green" tones and I had to use the nvidia control panel to adjust it a bit. Didn't take much. All the games and demos I've run on it look great. The glossy screen isn't that big of deal for me, but I always have the blinds closed and when I had the light on I could kinda see myself. If you tilt the screen a bit it's not as bad.

Compared to my 24" 1920x1200 Westinghouse it's about the same height and a little wider. The picture is much more crisp though. Compared to the dell 2412m that is now on my wife's machine this is MUCH better out of the box than that one. That one always looks hazy, but she uses it as a 2nd monitor in vertical so it's good for web page viewing and such.

I'll post some pictures when I get a chance :)

edit: They sending me another one, great CS. This is just too much bleed

non cellphone pic: http://i.imgur.com/z2REVPN.jpg

Wow, yeah that's quite a bit. Mine has a little bit at the bottom center, but I rarely see it. Mine also had one stuck pixel that I could find and right now I don't see it so maybe it's working now. I only found it because I was looking for it.

Good to know the CS is responsive.

I was going to post some pictures comparing it to my old Westinghouse monitor, but it decided to go TU today. Screen shot black lines through it then went blueish green :( Looks like the control board is dead. It hasn't been acting right so the new one came just in time.

My monitor JUST showed up. Amazing clarity and colors just pop so far in the browser/desktop. I will toss on some games shortly and go play. Mine does have a fair amount of light bleed and Ill get a video with high res. pictures as well tomorrow or Friday evening. I may contact C.S. and see if they will cross ship a replacement, but even if they told me to pound sand I wouldn't be to hurt. My other monitors have far shittier picture and bleed (Samsung Syncmaster and another random Samsung model). I m pretty confident they will even if I have to allow them to do a credit charge. I will let you guys know the outcome.

Btw the wobbly bezel I believe is do to the T-bolt that fastens the stand. Ill probably pick up a replacement or check my garage and get back to you, but I intended on wall mounting regardless.

Back