Monoprice to sell re-branded FSM-270YG 2560x1440 IPS for $390

Just came back in stock...$9 dollars shipping w/ 20% coupon (and cash back) makes this less than $320 dollars!

wow! I lucked out. I had it set up for text alerts and I had to go through the process of calling customer support and having them manually add the coupon code for it work. I'm surprised my order went through.

Just keep refreshing it every few min or so if you can, it went out of stock as soon as I ordered, it was back in stock about 2 min ago. I would imagine their servers are getting slammed with orders and they are doing this to make sure they have enough inventory.

Jesus, did they get a shipment of 10 of them or something?

I never even got the back-in-stock notification...

:(

Me too. Contacted customer service, and they said they're out. Oh well, I'll just have to give my money to someone else :)

Me too. Contacted customer service, and they said they're out. Oh well, I'll just have to give my money to someone else :)
Except there's nowhere else to get these panels with US-based warranty for less than $450. FML (if they're really OOS until March).

Except there's nowhere else to get these panels with US-based warranty for less than $450. FML (if they're really OOS until March).

Not strictly true - there is the Microcenter Auria for $400+tax, w/1 year warranty.

But Monoprice with the coupon is untouchable at <$320. Coupon is likely to be unavailable in March.

In stock. Just ordered one. Still didn't get a notification. Whatever, hope it goes through.

THANK YOU! Got in an order for $325 shipped (had to contact support to apply coupon). Still shows in stock too.

Glad to help, and that you got one.

I see out of stock right now, but if you want one I suggest checking regularly and not relying on their notification feature.

If I hadn't ordered hundreds of things from Monoprice before I'd be critical of their customer service here, but I know it's not indicative of their usual standards.

I can't really see what there would be to be critical of their customer service about?

don't forget to click through fatwallet or whatever site you prefer for 4 dollars of cashback

I can't really see what there would be to be critical of their customer service about?

don't forget to click through fatwallet or whatever site you prefer for 4 dollars of cashback

That I signed up to be notified when the product came back in stock, and only found out by reading random forum threads?

What the &$^#%? I contacted their customer service and was told they wouldn't have any more until March, then y'all are able to purchase? Not a place interested in my business, apparently.

What the &$^#%? I contacted their customer service and was told they wouldn't have any more until March, then y'all are able to purchase? Not a place interested in my business, apparently.

I hear ya. Felt exactly the same way when other people snagged one earlier today, after I didn't get a notification. Best guess is that a few orders were cancelled.

I'd really be interested in hearing people's opinions on these, specifically how well they calibrate. I'm using a HP ZR24W which isn't bad, but I could definitely use some more screen real-estate, particularly for photo editing - though I don't know if giving up the 97% sRGB coverage of the HP for this is a good idea in that regard.

I'd really be interested in hearing people's opinions on these, specifically how well they calibrate. I'm using a HP ZR24W which isn't bad, but I could definitely use some more screen real-estate, particularly for photo editing - though I don't know if giving up the 97% sRGB coverage of the HP for this is a good idea in that regard.

I did some preliminary calibration using the common pluge pattern, it was okay. Was a bit green originally, and still trying to get the contrast as good as possible.

For those trying to get one when they are in stock, create a deal alert at slickdeals. I have had some good success getting low stock items that way.

I'm more pissed at the fact that I have my email in the system to notify, as well as my mobile phone, and both times they've had waves i've received neither.

I'm more pissed at the fact that I have my email in the system to notify, as well as my mobile phone, and both times they've had waves i've received neither.

This is nothing new. This happens every time there is hot release of some item in limited quantities on Amazon or Newegg, so thinking that monoprice would fare any better is wishful thinking. Getting pissed about this is really nonsensical, when they have sufficient quantities they will send you an email, which is what they promised to do. Otherwise if you want to try to snag the onesy-twosy batches that go back on sale from order cancellations you have to play the refresh game because they likely will not send notifications for those and even if they did by the time they got out to everyone they'd be sold out.

Mine arrived this afternoon. Very pleased with the panel and could not find any dead or stuck pixels thus far. Stand is pretty much shit, but that's to be expected.

Of course, the old phrase, "you get what you pay for" always applies in some way. The bottom bezel is not completely flush with the panel, and covers the bottom 1-2 rows of pixels for a portion of the screen. Not sure whether this could be due to damage in transit or what, but it will have to go back if I can't fix it myself. Extremely frustrating given that I managed to get what looks like a pixel-perfect panel on the first try.

Mine arrived today, too. I didn't notice any pixels being covered by the bezel and I can't find a single pixel out of place, bright or stuck pixel. I don't even see any backlight bleeding. This buy was incredible as far as I'm concerned.

Same panel but the rest is different. These also have only DVI with no OSD, no scaler
Same Panel as Apple Cinema 27". The Dell is a different panel altogether, though the same manufacturer (LG) and class. Also, the Korean IPS screens have no AG coating, while Dell's is somewhat... problematic.

Same Panel as Apple Cinema 27". The Dell is a different panel altogether, though the same manufacturer (LG) and class. Also, the Korean IPS screens have no AG coating, while Dell's is somewhat... problematic.

FWIW, the AG coating on the new Dell (2713) is much less aggressive.

My Monoprice monitor is arriving today. Will report back on quality & observations (likely with pics).

My Monoprice monitor is arriving today. Will report back on quality & observations (likely with pics).
That sounds great. I'll probably go for the Crossover for the stand, but I'm interested to see how it stacks up to the 2713.

FWIW, I talked to Monoprice CS and was beyond impressed with their handling of my bezel problem. They claim they'll ship me a new one when they're back in stock and I can then send my defective unit back once it arrives. Provided this all goes smoothly, looks like my decision to wait for US-based resellers to stock these panels has paid off already.

So you did manage to order one after all?

FWIW, I talked to Monoprice CS and was beyond impressed with their handling of my bezel problem. They claim they'll ship me a new one when they're back in stock and I can then send my defective unit back once it arrives. Provided this all goes smoothly, looks like my decision to wait for US-based resellers to stock these panels has paid off already.
What exactly is going on with the monitor? Can you post some pics of the issue?

Back