Monoprice to sell re-branded FSM-270YG 2560x1440 IPS for $390

Just talked to Monoprice customer service.

The Monoprice IPS will be a re-branded FSM-270YG(they didn't say this, but the designs are identical) sold at $390 with a 1 year warranty and 60hz refresh rate(provided by the customer service).

Proof: http://images.monoprice.com/productlargeimages/95791.jpg

ETA on release is 1/4/2013

They also said they were releasing a line of monitors and planned for a 120hz 2560x1440 IPS some time down the road(possibly a re-badged Catleap?). I didn't try to get specifics on the warranty, someone should talk to them about what their dead pixel policy will be with these re-branded Korean displays.

Edit: More images

http://images.monoprice.com/productlargeimages/95792.jpg
http://images.monoprice.com/productlargeimages/95793.jpg
http://images.monoprice.com/productlargeimages/95794.jpg
http://images.monoprice.com/productlargeimages/95795.jpg

Last edited:
Is this super-glossy like the Korean models?
Technically there is no such thing as "super glossy", but most of us know what you're trying to say.

BUT models that have tempered glass are slightly more glossy than normal. Going by Monoprice's pics, they do not appear to have tempered glass, but it would still be considered a glossy panel with no AG or coating.

Does monoprice usually ship UPS to Canada, because if so this will be $600 with taxes and duties.

Any word on their dead pixel policy?

According to the product page it's 5 dead pixels to get a replacement.

As you've come to expect from Monoprice, we stand behind our products and offer a full 1 year warranty, which is at least 3-4 times what is offered by other monitor manufacturers. Additionally, we are so confident of the quality of these displays that we are guaranteeing these monitor will have less than 5 dead pixels. If you can count 5 dead pixels anywhere on the screen, we'll give you a new one. By comparison, the industry standard, even for industry leaders like Apple and LG, is 10 dead pixels or even more.

I look forward to a review. I'd guess some time around late January or early February is when you'll see the first reviews.

5 pixels? Ewwwww.

But for a year of real warranty and a a re-brand, that's a damn good price.

Too bad the dead pixel policy and warranty aren't much better than the rest. I was wondering if they'd step it up since they're a fairly reputable company.

my monoprice 27" just arrived today. will comment on it tomorrow after playing with it tonight.

my monoprice 27" just arrived today. will comment on it tomorrow after playing with it tonight.

I got the stock notice, and I have one of those 20% off monoprice coupons, but didn't act quick enough to get one :(

So mine just arrived yesterday, I was able to use that 20% monoprice coupon and am pretty happy so far.

It does have speakers, crappy though they may be.
Not an expert on monitors but I like it so far.

Stand is okay, bit wobbly but not terrible.

Screen looks good to me, very good brightness and clarity, coming from a matte screen.

The bottom of the bezel has 4 extra buttons that do nothing, not sure what happened there.

No dead pixels/subpixels so far.

I have yet to really test it out on a modern game, I have been playing Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition lately.

DVI is only connection. That is a big plus in my book because it eliminates the greatest cause of input lag, the scaler that is needed for different inputs.

I will try to answer any questions you guys have, though I am no expert, and lack equipment like colorimeters, so technical measurments are beyond me.

Last edited:
No pivot, minimal stand adjustability from the looks of it. Luckily monoprice sells some nice stands.

So mine just arrived yesterday, I was able to use that 20% monoprice coupon and am pretty happy so far.

It does have speakers, crappy though they may be.
Not an expert on monitors but I like it so far.

Stand is okay, bit wobbly but not terrible.

Screen looks good to me, very good brightness and clarity, coming from a matte screen.

The bottom of the bezel has 4 extra buttons that do nothing, not sure what happened there.

No dead pixels/subpixels so far.

I have yet to really test it out on a modern game, I have been playing Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition lately.

DVI is only connection. That is a big plus in my book because it eliminates the greatest cause of input lag, the scaler that is needed for different inputs.

I will try to answer any questions you guys have, though I am no expert, and lack equipment like colorimeters, so technical measurments are beyond me.

Thanks for the review. Pics of it in action, please.

Would also like to know if anyone was able to get this to go over 60 hz, from what I see for the similar models this is possible but not sure about the monorpice one

Those 4 buttons would have had a purpose if the monitor had a scaler and OSD menu. Thankfully it doesn't because of the added input lag.

I'll echo Striker's request, any chance you can see how high the refresh rate goes?

No pivot, minimal stand adjustability from the looks of it. Luckily monoprice sells some nice stands.

it rotates up and down, plenty of range for normal setups. no rotation side to side. has normal vesa mount.

Here is first pic. Sorry not much time to get better pics, today was supposed to be due date for son...I will add more when I get time.
a>

if you guys are looking for any specific pics, (profile, screen off to see glare reflectivity, in sexy underwear, etc) let me know.

Last edited:
will try playing with the refresh rate and report back. It will be my first time, so we will see.

apparently I used my coupon on some $5 dollar cables!

I didn't even know these monitors were going to be available when I placed my order back on the 7th and I also don't think they'll be available for ordering until after the 31st. I'm surprised you got one. I haven't seen them available and I never received a text about it from monoprice.

I'm hoping they eventually offer the 30" 2560x1600 versions.

I was one of the few who got this monitor before it was fully snatched up.

Slickdeals compulsion FTW. I have about 30 different email alerts set up there, Chrome has that site listed as my most visted.

So i did what picture adjustments for the monitor that I could last night.

Out of the box, it was a bit green, and contrast was too high.

I was able to improve it, but not really get to where I want. Anyone have any recommendations for inexpensive entry level colorimeters that I could use on this monitor and use on my plasma?

There is no coupon necessary. Just use "incentive" to get the 20% off

Just saw this linked in the hot deals forum.. I have been wanting to order another Shimian, but instead I will likely sell it on CL & pick up a pair of these.. That or I suppose I could upgrade my daughters 19" (though I am not sure her e350 system can push this res).

On backorder until 1/10, at least. But good news is that the "INCENTIVE" 20% off deal has been extended through 1/31.

Almost pulled the trigger on a Dell 2713HM @ $650 from Costco. But this at 20% off ($308+shipping) is unbeatable.

Back