monoprice: $67 mechanical MX Red; $299 1440p IPS

ak47is1337

Limp Gawd
Thinking about these:

This keyboard has some decent features like backlighting, audio/usb ports and macros.
http://www.monoprice.com/mobile/Pro...categoryId=11401&subCategoryId=1140102&cpnCd=

The monitor isn't made by a company you've never heard of and comes with a 1 year warranty. They say 0 dead pixels/backlight bleed is allowed and if you let them know in 30 days you are guaranteed a new replacement. This is really the same as the Korean IPS's but has a better quality enclosure.
http://www.monoprice.com/mobile/Pro...categoryId=11307&subCategoryId=1130703&cpnCd=

Happy thanksgiving!

Wow the board is Red MX, backlit, has audio ports and USB. Must resist.

Edit: Purchased. Too good of a deal. My current board is flaking out.

Last edited:
None of the links on here are working :/

Edit: I got it to work. How are red switches compared to blue? I have a blackwidow with blue switches at work and really like it. Are the reds comparable?

I had this keyboard for a while. It was great while it worked but it unexpectedly quit working one day for seemingly no reason. Maybe I just got a bad one.

I hear good things about those monoprice keyboards.

EDIT: Grabbed the keyboard. I wanted a Corsair K70, but they're still so expensive.

Last edited:
I've had that keyboard for over a year now and it's smooth and insanely fast. Definitely try it out if red switches are your cup of tea, you'll find the same keyboard under different lesser known brands as well.

I reverted back to browns and clears since my heavy hands would actuate the switches on occasion >_<

Having trouble loading the site. Does this feature 1000hz (1ms) response ? I would like to use it with my PS4 with my XIM 4 adapter.

Thanks,
'ReT

In for the keyboard. Will be my only Black Friday purchase this year.

Thanks OP!

Tempted for one.This would be my first mech keyboard.Are these that great compared to the membrane keyboards?

That monitor is soooooo tempting. Sheesh. And I want the keyboard too. MUST RESIST! WILLPOWER FADING FAST.... :(

I have carpal tunnel and it is incredibly shitty of them to list the keyboard as helping against that. It's a lie, it has more to do with posture, and key position. I can't use a standard keyboard for more than a few minutes without my wrist feeling as it were on fire. Be warned, but an actual ergonomic one.

Keyboard is gone for me on back order. Shame I'd pick one up for my Mom just for the backlighting.

I picked one up Thursday I'll post a review since it will be on sale again in Dec around Xmas and not choniku

Any other keyboard deals like these you guys have seen? The backlight ones would be perfect for someone with bad eyesight.

Bit on two of the monitors. Unfortunately, I'm RMA'ing them both. One had severe backlight bleed, and the other had moderate to severe bleed and a dead pixel.. Unacceptably bad, but I have faith! Here's to hoping I get two perfect panels sent back.

In for the keyboard. Will be my only Black Friday purchase this year.

Thanks OP!

It is my only purchase as well, been looking for a cheap mechanical keyboard. This one fits the bill nicely. Will have to see how i like the cherry red switches. G15 was getting a little used anyways.

It is my only purchase as well, been looking for a cheap mechanical keyboard. This one fits the bill nicely. Will have to see how i like the cherry red switches. G15 was getting a little used anyways.

Let me know how you like this over your g15. I almost picked it up but spent the money on the netgear router deal.

Back