Monoprice 4x1 HDMI Switcher HDMI 1.2. 19.74 + Shipping (limit 2)

dslrjunky

2[H]4U
As the title says:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...011002&p_id=4066&seq=1&format=3#specification

I checked the forums and nothing was posted, anyway just make sure you check the specs it says supports 1080p but on the max rez it says 1600x1200 so go figure...Anyway just want to share, I had the previous model and it doesnt have the power off option on the remote, so i guess the power off is another added convenience...

Sweet Deal, if I wasn't so damn broke I would get it.
One quistion however, what is the RS-232 port for?

So 1080p but 1600 x 1200. Does that mean it's does not support widescreen in 1080p mode? It's so confusing.

* HDTV resolution up to 1080p, PC resolution up to 1600x1200 60hz.
* Compliant with the specification of HDMI 1.2.
* Support RS-232 Control.
* Remote controller for operation.
* Hot pluggable.
* Auto skips over the power-off and unplugged cable.
* Dimensions 200x75x45mm
* Weight 585g

*Monoprice continually strives to improve its product line to bring our customers the best products available. Therefore, changes may be made to listed specifications without prior notice. Item recieved may not match photo or specs shown.
What the hell, with a disclaimer like that they could sell you a coat hanger and theres nothing you could complain about. but it does say 1080p OR 1600x1200

What the hell, with a disclaimer like that they could sell you a coat hanger and theres nothing you could complain about. but it does say 1080p OR 1600x1200

Monoprice has a good reputation, I HIGHLY doubt they're going to rip you off.

Considering:
4 ports > 3 ports
and
$19.74 + shipping < 43.24 shipped

I'd have to say ... yes.

what?:confused:

looking at reviews id be wary to even touch it with a 10ft stick....then again its newegg reviews......:D

Monoprice is extremely reputable. Trust me, if they send you something that isnt what you had planned (even if it specced out what you had planned) then they will do an exchange or full refund.

So what is everyone planning on plugging into this unit?

I'm using their 2x hdmi switch for my ps3/computer and it works ok. I just have to put my computer into standby mode when I switch over because if I don't then the edeid or whatever it's called (the signal drm crap from the video card to monitor) gets lost and it won't pick the picture back up unless you restart the computer then. However putting it in standby mode and then switching back and fourth works fine.

I wonder if or how much latency this adds to the signal reaching your monitor.

The RS-232 is there for alternate ways of changing sources via software :) I'm sure a simple C program could be written to do this.

I know they aint going to sell me a coat hanger, I just found it funny and the humor failed to show in my post.
I have used Monoprice in the past and have always been pleased with there products and service.

me too! monoprice is highly regarded here in the forums, since i discovered them I have spent $500 for the past year for my cables and speaker wires for family and friends...

Back