Monoprice 4th of July Week Deals

Hmm.

I have been planning on picking up a Monolith 3 channel amp for the LCR's on my HT setup some time.

This might be the right time to do it. Any word on whether there are any restrictions on these coupons?

Looks like they've jacked up the prices on their GPU's by 35% to compensate.

wjw1fa.jpg

Looks like they've jacked up the prices on their GPU's by 35% to compensate.

oh man, is that actual current prices? Why are people too stupid to be able to find, say ... Newegg online or do they enjoy throwing away their money?

Hmmmm. MSI gtx 1060 for 449.99 or Founders 1070ti shipped free from Nvidia store.

Tough call!

Edit: to be fair sound gear , cables , speakers and such is what they are about right. Half off on some monitor pairs which seem good.

Last edited:
I dunno who buys GPUs from monoprice anyway?

They do sell 20 packs of 8TB drives though at good discount. I've been waiting for the day they forget to omit them from these 20% off sales haha

Yeah tossed an edit to my somewhat OK attempt at humor. There seem to be some decent deals on what they actually focus on.

Hmm.

I have been planning on picking up a Monolith 3 channel amp for the LCR's on my HT setup some time.

This might be the right time to do it. Any word on whether there are any restrictions on these coupons?

Well, I tried their 15% code today, just to see if anything I wanted was excluded, and indeed, the amp was. Based on that, I feel fairly certain it will also be excluded from the upcoming 25% coupon.

OMG 25% Off Your Entire Order*

*Excludes anything you actually care about

:p

Well, I tried their 15% code today, just to see if anything I wanted was excluded, and indeed, the amp was. Based on that, I feel fairly certain it will also be excluded from the upcoming 25% coupon.

OMG 25% Off Your Entire Order*

*Excludes anything you actually care about

:p
In the past, the amps have been included on these discounts so there is a chance it may be this go around. Likely not, but you may still wish to try. Even their Monolith subs were included at one point.

In the past, the amps have been included on these discounts so there is a chance it may be this go around. Likely not, but you may still wish to try. Even their Monolith subs were included at one point.

Appreciate the input. I'll check. Maybe with some luck it will work.

Well, that's a bummer. None of the coupons wound up working on the amps.

Especially since now I am considering spending even more money on something better...

Well, that's a bummer. None of the coupons wound up working on the amps.

Especially since now I am considering spending even more money on something better...
If its for your left right or center channels I can see wanting to find a nice amp for them. Though if its for the surrounds I would say you could find something much cheaper as the surrounds really don't matter quite as much.

I know I ended up spending $700 on my stereo amp and I wish I had found something better valued (Schiit Vidar). Before that shipped I had a cheapo best buy 100 watt stereo amp which sounded easily within 90%-95% as good.

Speaker choice almost always makes a bigger difference than amp selection.

If its for your left right or center channels I can see wanting to find a nice amp for them. Though if its for the surrounds I would say you could find something much cheaper as the surrounds really don't matter quite as much.

I know I ended up spending $700 on my stereo amp and I wish I had found something better valued (Schiit Vidar). Before that shipped I had a cheapo best buy 100 watt stereo amp which sounded easily within 90%-95% as good.

Speaker choice almost always makes a bigger difference than amp selection.

Yep, fully agree here. I'm shopping for an three channel amp for my LCR's, as they are low impedance and difficult to drive right. I occasionally have a small amount of distortion on the center channel that is driving me nuts, which I am trying to chase down. My surrounds are just powered off of the receiver, as the amp doesn't really matter much there, as long as it has enough power to drive them.

If I were to be completely rational about this, that Monolith 3 channel would have been more than sufficient, and if I had gotten the coupon savings on it, I would have bought it. Now I'm drooling over a Parasound A31 though. (Someone stop me...)

Wow.

I'm really quite disappointed with Monoprice. While I decided not to buy the amp, as it was not covered under the coupon, I did go ahead and bout over $150 worth of cabling and interconnects, used one of these coupons in the process and paid with my paypal account.

Order was accepted, they took my money, and I was all set. Or so I thought.

It was taking longer than usual to ship, and I was started to wonder what was going on, when I got an email today that my order had been cancelled due to a "discrepancy in payment information". Mind you they already had my money at this point, and my contact and shipping information perfectly matches in my order and in my Paypal account.

So, my order is now canceled. When I complained about having to re-order, the coupon now having expired, and the fact that now my entire project is going to be delayed further by this, they neither offered to pay for upgraded shipping, nor give me the coupon discount anyway.

They even suggested that I sign up with Amazon pay just to try again. Screw that, I don't just sign up for accounts nilly willy.

I'm rather disappointed in that customer service. I might look around and see if I can get similar items elsewhere rather than order from them again...

Last edited:
Wow.

I'm really quite disappointed with Monoprice. While I decided not to buy the amp, as it was not covered under the coupon, I did go ahead and bout over $150 worth of cabling and interconnects, used one of these coupons in the process and paid with my paypal account.

Order was accepted, they took my money, and I was all set. Or so I thought.

It was taking longer than usual to ship, and I was started to wonder what was going on, when I got an email today that my order had been cancelled due to a "discrepancy in payment information". Mind you they already had my money at this point, and my contact and shipping information perfectly matches in my order and in my Paypal account.

So, my order is now canceled. When I complained about having to re-order, the coupon now having expired, and the fact that now my entire project is going to be delayed further by this, they neither offered to pay for upgraded shipping, nor give me the coupon discount anyway.

They even suggested that I sign up with Amazon pay just to try again. Screw that, I don't just sign up for accounts nilly willy.

I'm rather disappointed in that customer service. I might look around and see if I can get similar items elsewhere rather than order from them again...
When you offer stuff for much less than anyone else, you have to cut somewhere!

When you offer stuff for much less than anyone else, you have to cut somewhere!

I'd agree with you a few years back, but Monoprice is much more than just a low cost cable retailer these days.

My second order for the same stuff was just canceled. I guess I'll have to order somewhere else until Monoprice gets their shit together.

Amazon got my business instead...

Last edited:
If I were to be completely rational about this, that Monolith 3 channel would have been more than sufficient, and if I had gotten the coupon savings on it, I would have bought it. Now I'm drooling over a Parasound A31 though. (Someone stop me...)

I may need help...

IMG_20180713_194914.jpg

Looks like that's quite a boombox component. You'll probably need to purchase mad 'D' batteries.

Indeed. They shipped it to me signature required, so to avoid chasing it as they always attempt delivery when I'm at work, I redirected it to the UPS pickup location.

Got there and the damned box wouldn't fit in my a. Had to go home at get the wagon. Almost didn't make closing time.

No batteries needed though :p

Back