MonoPrice 34" curved 1440p 75hz

ssiperko

n00b
I've seen rumblings of this 4ms IPS to be released "this quarter" but nothing is shown on there website.

Does anyone in here have any "whispering's" of it by any chance.

OR we could just discuss among'st ourselves.

SS

I've heard about this one also and have been in the market. Had my eye on the xr341CK and to be released xr342ck but for several hundred less for the same panel.....

My question is what kind of warranty is this thing going to have........

I've heard about this one also and have been in the market. Had my eye on the xr341CK and to be released xr342ck but for several hundred less for the same panel.....

My question is what kind of warranty is this thing going to have........

The soldering iron and screwdriver warranty.

Yea pretty much fix it yourself after the crap 1 year warranty.
You could purchase a contract I'm sure to extend it somewhere.

Honestly, when a warranty longer than 1 year on electronics is given by a manufacture you are paying for it regardless. Go spend $650 on a wash machine or a dishwasher and tell me what kind of warranty you get.
How about your $600 phone? Your $500 watch?

IF a major purchase point is a warranty on a "toy" and let's face for 50% (more?) of us this stuff is a toy. You pay for PRO use stuff for more reasons than a warranty. ;)

SS

Anyone seen any release updates? I wonder if Wal-mart will be listing this for sale like they have so many other Monoprice items listed. I should say I wonder if Monoprice will be selling these via Wal-mart. Wal-mart has cheap extended warranties that start after manufacturers warranty. Hell it may be cheaper there also. Redmere cables sure are.

Yeah, wish this would drop. Curious to see some hand on reviews. This is in my top 3 list. The only thing lacking is g-sync.

Still on the fence about gsync/freesync My card is getting pretty dated but still plays everything on max and stays a cool 42*C or less under gaming so can't really beat it. I just don't know if I want to fork over $700+ for another gpu to switch to gsync. Been eyeing the XR341CK for quite some time although I like the light effects and extra curve of the 342CK but don't like the street price of it. This monitor will be 75hz either way so your not constrained to any specific gpu for the max potential of the monitor and that's the way all monitors should be designed. The only part of a computer that should have you by the balls is the cpu/mobo.

I think the monitor is the most important component... You don't stare at your CPU & MOBO... at least I hope not :)

Officially ready to pull the trigger with a ready and waiting Bill me later balance that is just smoking on fire. $129.99 for an extended 3 year warranty from square trade also.

So at CES they say Q1. On twitter they say April/May. Yet on Facebook
bB4bNDk.jpg

Developing? WTF It should be developed and being manufactured if not boxed up and stocked by now.

Monitors are renowned for always arriving late. A company will announce a monitor for Q1 and it wont arrive until Q3... of the next year. The announcement is just to keep a few people from upgrading JUST yet.

Something tells me that getting this monitor without g-sync would be a mistake.
If it comes out soon I may get it and see how I like it, if I can return it if I don't like it.

I mean I'd I pay $500 for this I might as well pay the big bucks and get the x34 or the pg348q.

Something tells me that getting this monitor without g-sync would be a mistake.
If it comes out soon I may get it and see how I like it, if I can return it if I don't like it.

I mean I'd I pay $500 for this I might as well pay the big bucks and get the x34 or the pg348q.

Gsync is not a magic bullet. It improves the experience at the given refresh rate. If I were offered a 100Hz Gsynch display or a 144Hz NoSync display, I'd go for the 144 and enable tripple-buffer Vsync

Damn glad I gave them the bird and picked up a brand new U3415W for $580 shipped. Move on people and grab up the deals you see because this one probably isn't going to happen. Lame fucks!

Damn glad I gave them the bird and picked up a brand new U3415W for $580 shipped. Move on people and grab up the deals you see because this one probably isn't going to happen. Lame fucks!

Oh well. The Dell is probably a better choice anyway. Who knows what would have happened.

Back