Monoprice 27in zero g 2560x1440 $339 + $15 shipping mass drop Updated price

fuck.... its getting too tempting.

I honestly want a 60hz 4K but this is just too good of a deal.

EDIT: Ordered, the zero dead pixel guarantee makes it worth it.

Convinced my boss to pull the trigger on one for me, I dig it. It's a glossy screen and works pretty well, mine came with no dead/stuck pixels and there's just a smidge of backlight bleed in the corners.

Once I can scrounge up enough extra $ I'll be picking up another for myself.

leeleatherwood how much was this guarantee?
Do they just substitute the other one listed with 0 dead for the usual one ?

So how does this work - a certain number of people sign up and once X time has passed, everyone gets one for the price best negotiated? So you're not buying anything until the end or once you make a purchase they send it?

leeleatherwood how much was this guarantee?
Do they just substitute the other one listed with 0 dead for the usual one ?

If you get it from the massdrop sale, they guarantee 0 dead pixels and if you have one you can send it back to massdrop/monoprice for a replacement. There is no additional price, infact its cheaper because its a group-buy.

Monoprice normally has a 5 pixel policy.

So how does this work - a certain number of people sign up and once X time has passed, everyone gets one for the price best negotiated? So you're not buying anything until the end or once you make a purchase they send it?

It depends, If you buy one at $349.00, you will pay now, but if the price drops again you will receive it at the lower price. If you Commit to join at $339.00 you will pay when (if) the price drops to $339.00.

Mainstream 4K televisions are around the corner.

IMO, that will be the way to go, as I'm sure you'll be able to get 4K 32"-40" screens on the cheap.

Mainstream 4K televisions are around the corner.

IMO, that will be the way to go, as I'm sure you'll be able to get 4K 32"-40" screens on the cheap.
4K screens are an order of magnitude more demanding in terms of hardware needed to run them though. So it's not just the cost of the monitor, you'll need multiple 7970s or 780/Titans to run games on that screen.

Yeah a 4K monitor isn't practical yet. Hell, a majority of users don't have the GPU horsepower for 1440P 60 hz > 60 fps, or 1080P 120/144 hz > 120 fps.

GPU power is already lagging on current gen displays on all but the most premium-priced setups.

You can run at 1080P when gaming, and you shouldn't have any blur at all since one pixel will be an even four pixel block.

And on the desktop the big resolution is great for multitasking, and better htan multiple 27" screens as its borderless and will be centered when playing media.

At the very least for anyone considering three 27" in eyefinity, I'd highly recommend going with a larger single 4K TV instead. There were some recently on slickdeals (some Korean brand) that were crazy cheap already. I'm betting by this time next year we'll have all the goodies. :)

Sorry for the stupid question but why are people saying 4K TV's are going to be very cheap "around the corner"? They're not even mainstream yet, how can they be cheap when they first come out?

This sure is tempting..Glass Panel Pro has 0 dead pixel but is $100 higher, I guess thats what they are calling a zero guarantee lol

4K tv
sure they will be cheap.
remember how cheap the 3D was, it was only like 2x the price of a std tv.
Yep people like sony and the koreans would never take advantage of us USA morons.
sign here and that NEW WICKED AWESOME 4K tv will be yours.
wait I don't have anything in 4K
YES but when they ever do you will be ready...

This sure is tempting..Glass Panel Pro has 0 dead pixel but is $100 higher, I guess thats what they are calling a zero guarantee lol

4K tv
sure they will be cheap.
remember how cheap the 3D was, it was only like 2x the price of a std tv.
Yep people like sony and the koreans would never take advantage of us USA morons.
sign here and that NEW WICKED AWESOME 4K tv will be yours.
wait I don't have anything in 4K
YES but when they ever do you will be ready...
I don't give a shit about TV, I want to run games in 4K, and you don't need specific support to do that.

I wonder how these compare to the Korean ones on Ebay. I own a Shimian Achieva that I paid $279 for about a year ago now. I just ordered a 2nd one the QNIX QX2710 for around $289.

I'll try to get a picture tonight, unfortunately the office i work in has windows with no blinds so I can't get the room dark enough to get a good representation of it.

Thanks

Would have ordered one of these if it had a displayport input. Stupid MBP making me use a $100 adapter for dl DVI

Back