Monoprice 27" IPS-ZERO-G $289.99

Gweenz

[H]ard|Gawd
I didn't see this posted. Monoprice has the Monoprice 27" IPS-ZERO-G for $289.99, no rebates. This normally sells on Monoprice for around $390.

http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/116...ps-zero-g-2560x1440-slim-led-monitor-20--cash

Review:
http://www.anandtech.com/show/7240/monoprice-zerog-slim-27-ips-monitor-review

This monitor is a direct competitor to Yamasaki or Qnix Korean monitors, and probably uses the exact same panels. As far as I know, they are not overclockable and are locket at 60hz.

*edit* had to link to slickdeals. Direct link was not working.

Last edited:
Reason why I never were interested in these deals weren't the monitors, instead, it was the site used. is horrible and will never gain back trust after the security fiasco.

Last edited:
Reason why I never were interested in these deals weren't the monitors, instead, it was the site used. is horrible and will never gain back trust after the security fiasco.

Wow, just looked into it. Thanks for the heads up.

If only it had more inputs, if it has vga it must have a scalar right? I don't see why they couldn't add HDMI and Displayport.

i'm running duals of these at work... the panels and the picture are fantastic, the bezels and the lights/buttons are pretty poor quality... i don't really care, but know what you're getting in to...

don't even think about running native res over VGA, it's really fuzzy not clear at all... until i got my new card in i ran them like that and at first i didn't think it was THAT bad, but after switching to DVI it's night and day (as expected)

If I have to shop through /buy.com...I just make sure I use paypal as the payment method. Would never put a credit card on their systems ever.

If I have to shop through /buy.com...I just make sure I use paypal as the payment method. Would never put a credit card on their systems ever.

Did they not update/upgrade their systems after that incident though?

The direct link did not work because rak-u-ten (dot) com is a forbidden vendor and any direct links to them, or even spelling the name, is subject to being removed.
URL removed due to fraud abuses widely reported - Kyle

With the long history of problems and fraud cases involving that site, I think I would rather stay far away from rak-u-ten. The 'deal' is not monoprice directly, but through that other site.
Monoprice via rak-u-ten

I dont trust (r a k u t e n) either. I got screwed when I bought an SSD from them. Had to get a new CC and change a lot of passwords

Someone posted a link about Rak in SD. Change the "@" to "a" in the link below.
http://www.theguardian.com/environm...uten-biggest-online-retailer-ivory-whale-meat

About the Monoprice monitor, from my research, it seems like the Korean ones are better than this b/c of the OC-ability. The main "gotcha" about the Korean ones like QNIX is QC. It's pretty much a crapshoot with these Ebay resellers, it seems. At least w/ the Monoprice monitor, you know what you'll get.

Back