Monoprice 12th anniversary: 12% off sitewide

Thanks for the post op but for 2 ethernet cables they wanted $8.59 for 3-5day shipping.
Not enough savings for me.

sweet! Just this morning I was thinking about ordering a cable from monoprice too!

amazon has better prices if you're a prime member.

Shipping is pretty bad if you order a couple of items. That's why I tend & save-up & buy @ one shot. Too bad I gave them an order 6 weeks ago. OP: Good deal just the same.

I got the worse SATA cables I ever saw from MP. Most of the time the locks don't work, and when they do you almost have to rip the socket out to get them off again.

I just tossed about 3 dozen of them in the trash.

protip: don't ever buy anything other than the slightly more expensive premium versions of monoprice products. if you do you may as well have just thrown your money into the garbage.

Thanks for the post op but for 2 ethernet cables they wanted $8.59 for 3-5day shipping.
Not enough savings for me.

So, you're complaining that you tried to buy two items that are probably priced at ~$2 each and they couldn't ship it to your for free?

protip: don't ever buy anything other than the slightly more expensive premium versions of monoprice products. if you do you may as well have just thrown your money into the garbage.

That's completely false. They have pretty good quality products and they are very good about replacing items that are defective. I haven't purchased a single thing from Monoprice that has not worked as advertised. I am using their POE switch right now to power some network devices (from Monoprice) and I cant complain about anything.

Next thing I am ordering is a wall mountable network cabinet. Their 5.1 Home theater speaker set is also amazing and has the same specs as Energy's Take Classic 5.1

I gotta say I made a couple orders from MP every year for the past 5+ years now. But it seems this year I'm either getting bad luck or their product quality is on the downslide. They've gone from being my one stop shop for things they carry to merely an option now.

I gotta say I made a couple orders from MP every year for the past 5+ years now. But it seems this year I'm either getting bad luck or their product quality is on the downslide. They've gone from being my one stop shop for things they carry to merely an option now.

Same here, I haven't really shopped there since like 2011 after a few bad buys in a row.

So, you're complaining that you tried to buy two items that are probably priced at ~$2 each and they couldn't ship it to your for free?

That's completely false. They have pretty good quality products and they are very good about replacing items that are defective. I haven't purchased a single thing from Monoprice that has not worked as advertised. I am using their POE switch right now to power some network devices (from Monoprice) and I cant complain about anything.

Next thing I am ordering is a wall mountable network cabinet. Their 5.1 Home theater speaker set is also amazing and has the same specs as Energy's Take Classic 5.1

if it doesn't have a premium version then it doesn't apply, derp. i bought a 3.5mm extension cable and it's unusable because it isn't shielded, which there was no way for me to know at the time i bought it.

Sounds like they are going down the hill like Newegg.

That a good analogy. During the 2000's it was newegg or bust for me. Then around 2010-ish started to see some backsliding on some things. Its one of the reason's I found and started using MonoPrice. Don't get me wrong I still use newegg and monoprice for certain items at certain items. Its just neither is an undisputed champ anymore. Just a contender

I bought a few misc. cables that I've been wanting to buy, but the discount code just saved me about a buck. I wanted to buy some bigger ticket items, but nothing impressed me.

I bought a few misc. cables that I've been wanting to buy, but the discount code just saved me about a buck. I wanted to buy some bigger ticket items, but nothing impressed me.

I only ran across the deal because I was already at monoprice checking out their new DAC/Amp combo and there was the 12% off banner across the top of the site. The coupon covered some shielded speaker cables to go with the DAC.
http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=120&cp_id=12008&cs_id=1200801&p_id=11567&seq=1&format=2

Sounds like they are going down the hill like Newegg.

Exactly, but newegg's descent has been longer and slower... I just actually filled out a questionnaire the other day about how horrible the egg is and has been every couple years when I try to piece together a new rig, or even the in between when I am setting up something for a friend or family member. For me I started noticing the slow downfall in 2010, and each interaction with them seems to get worse and worse. Shoprunner fixed a lot of my issues, but even then the amount of time from order to getting the items out just seems too much. I used to be able to get items next day with the free shipping option (I live in western, MA and always got stuff from their NJ warehouse.) Now even the 2 day shipping seems to take 4-5 business days from purchase to get here.

I only ran across the deal because I was already at monoprice checking out their new DAC/Amp combo and there was the 12% off banner across the top of the site. The coupon covered some shielded speaker cables to go with the DAC.
http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=120&cp_id=12008&cs_id=1200801&p_id=11567&seq=1&format=2
That looks pretty nice.

Also, when I go to MP's site, I get a pop-up message saying if I subscribe to their newsletter, I'd get $5 off $25. I wondered if that would stack with the 12% discount, but wound up not trying since I was well under $25 with my order and didn't want to just fill it up to try.

This is just wrong...

I've bought several cables of various types. you absolutely cannot buy the lower tier cables. The build quality is horrific and you should not be surprised if they are broken within months at best

Monoprice has been going downhill ever since Blucora bought them out in 2013. They are also a very shady company, last year Klipsch sued them for patent infringement on the Energy Take Classic 5.1 system.

Back