Monoprice 11567 Headphone Amp & Dac combo is on sale for $69.59

cageymaru

Fully [H]
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Good price. Output impedance is rumored over at head-fi to be 10 ohms.

Does anyone have suggestions for speakers to use with this? My speaker current speakers use bi wire.

Does anyone have suggestions for speakers to use with this? My speaker current speakers use bi wire.

Most bi-wire capable speakers will work fine with a single wire hookup, just bridge the posts, positive-to-positive and negative-to-negative with a short length of speaker wire.
You could also use the line-out on the Monoprice DAC and run that to your receiver (I assume you have a receiver if you're running bi-wired speakers).

If for some reason you don't want to use the speakers you already have for space reasons, I'd check out the JBL LSR 305's.

Is it possible to use this as a DAC only and run it with another amp?

Is it possible to use this as a DAC only and run it with another amp?

Yes, it has Line-Out (un-amped analog output) RCA jacks in the back.
As well as pre-amp RCA output jacks.
And line-in RCA jacks if you wanted to run some other source and just use it as a headphone amp.

Last edited:
Most bi-wire capable speakers will work fine with a single wire hookup, just bridge the posts, positive-to-positive and negative-to-negative with a short length of speaker wire.
You could also use the line-out on the Monoprice DAC and run that to your receiver (I assume you have a receiver if you're running bi-wired speakers).

If for some reason you don't want to use the speakers you already have for space reasons, I'd check out the JBL LSR 305's.

Thanks for the info. I use some Polk speakers I used to use with a receiver until it stopped working. I bought a stereo Pyle T amp to power the speakers. I figured it was the cheapest solution.

I own this amp/dac and I love it... pairs perfectly, for my ears, with my hd600s

Good price. Output impedance is rumored over at head-fi to be 10 ohms.

What are these rumors based off of? If they're not based off of actual measurements, then anyone with an AC voltmeter, a resistor, and some witing can test the output impedance of it. All you do is hook up your voltmeter to one of the output channels, send a sine wave to the amp, and measure the voltage. Next, you attach a resistor across (in parallel with) the channel you're measuring and measure the voltage again.

Plug the voltages and resistance of the resistor into this formula, and you have the output impedance:

Zo=
Rl (V-Vl)
Vl​

Rl= resistance of the resistor used, in ohms
V= unloaded output voltage
Vl= loaded output voltage

With this in mind, can anyone who owns one of these measure the output impedance for those of us who are interested?

Back