Monoprice 10th Anniversary Sale-Day 1 Mechanical Keyboard $90.86

xcetera

Weaksauce
Special deals available for the next 10 days from Monoprice. Day 1, category is selected computer accessories including Backlit Macro Mechanical Gaming Keyboard w/2 Port USB Hub and Headset/Mic Jacks- Cherry MX Red for 30% off, $90.86.

http://www.monoprice.com/home/promo.asp?pn=10_anniversary_sale&email_address=%%emailaddress%%&utm_source=july_newsletter_5&utm_medium=email&utm_content=10_anniversary_sale&utm_campaign=10_ann_july_q3_2012

Some additional deals: Mini DisplayPort/Thunderbolt to HDMI Adapter w/ Audio Support $4.66,
Ultra-Mini USB Wireless Lan 802.11N Adapter - 1T1R (150Mbps) $5.21,
SATA HDD USB 3.0 Docking Station w/ Card Reader & 2 Port USB Hub (USB 3.0) $16.46,
2 Ports USB 3.0 PCI-Express (PCI-e) Controller Card w/ Molex 4pin Power $10.46.

Prices good today only.

Last edited:
Been looking for a cheap backlit mechanical. Wish it had blacks instead of reds.

for backlit reds, you're not going to get cheaper than this. this is like $60 cheaper than the next cheapest board (like ducky shine)

(those corsair boards aren't fully mechanical)

I'm kicking myself for not getting the Keyboard.
Looks sweet. And it has that awesome "monoprice" logo on it.

Did anyone else realize that MonoPrice could more or less cancel out the cost of giving discounts by forcing you to pay shipping on more orders? :eek:

I mean I really don't care I'm only buying a few earphones on the 31st when audio goes on sale.

Bought a few networks switches to upgrade one of my clients from 100Mbit to gigE. Good price on that 16 port!

Have you ever felt Blacks?

Reds are a much better alternative, although I do prefer blues myself. Black are extremely stiff.

Which personally is why I prefer blacks to reds.

Being a heavy handed person blacks seem 'just right' whereas reds seem to bottom out way too easy, almost like there is no keyswitch at all underneath.

Although like you I prefer the blues, at least for general usage and typing. :)

Has Monoprice improved in quality? 3/5 products from my last order did not work as advertised... A Cat6 coupler caused intermittent connectivity; plastic covers for wire wall runs had adhesive that failed in three days; a $20 projector mount was really unstable ==> could not get it to square to the projector screen.

This is the same company who had a number of customers credit card #'s compromised because of a security breakdown, correct?

This is the same company who had a number of customers credit card #'s compromised because of a security breakdown, correct?

Most have at one point or another by now but yes, years ago they did get hacked. Use PayPal if you want to.

paid with paypal earlier this month, my bank then got automatically cancelled and according to my bank, their merchant account vender that processes online payments got hacked. i like monoprice but this is my last order.

Has Monoprice improved in quality? 3/5 products from my last order did not work as advertised... A Cat6 coupler caused intermittent connectivity; plastic covers for wire wall runs had adhesive that failed in three days; a $20 projector mount was really unstable ==> could not get it to square to the projector screen.

Quality LOL why do you think monoprice is so cheap on almost everything, the stuff is literally right out of freight containers from china. When they go out of stock on something they'll say it'll be a few weeks. Why, because another container has to come in first.

That's not a commentary on stuff sourced from china...hard to find anyone that's not doing that these days, but monoprice is essentially a Hong Kong storefront with a U. S. ZIPCODE meaning unlike other retailers sourcing stuff from china, there's no distribution network or anything it's just a direct shot from HK.

So think of stuff from monoprice like disposable phones...If it breaks you throw it away and buy another.

Last edited:
I've had no problems with the Monoprice quality. Of course, only purchased some HDMI cables and a bunch of stuff (keystones, wallplates, cable spool, patch panel, etc) for Cat5e runs in my house. It's pretty hard to screw any of that stuff up.

I don't know how I'd feel about buying keyboards or speakers or anything from them though. Price would have to be right...

I buy all cables at monoprice, its cheap as hell and everything works. Never buy other stuff there though, not sure of quality.

I've had no problems with the Monoprice quality. Of course, only purchased some HDMI cables and a bunch of stuff (keystones, wallplates, cable spool, patch panel, etc) for Cat5e runs in my house. It's pretty hard to screw any of that stuff up.

I don't know how I'd feel about buying keyboards or speakers or anything from them though. Price would have to be right...

Ditto. I buy all of my cables at monoprice. USB, USB hubs, HDMI switchers, home theater, etc. I've bought a few other things there (cheap PCI cards, etc).

Only thing I've had go bad was a 25 ft HDMI cable, but I'm pretty it was just bent too tightly for a long time. Monoprice just shipped me a new one, chucked the old one. Great customer service IMO.

I don't have experience with cables or keyboards or the like, but for cables, they can't be beat IMO. I particularly love to get color-coded cables (makes sorting out the home theater much easier!!)

I got the keyboard from the sale. I also have a keyboard with brown switches. Comparing browns with reds there is a HUGE difference in typing (IMO).

The reds are feel really bad for typing because it doesn't have that little feedback that browns have. That little feedback makes a huge difference in typing compare to reds. Now I understand why the blues are even better for typing and its because of the feedback thing you get when pressing a key. Reds are pretty good though for gaming like SC2. I play SC2 and I feel like I hit the keys fast and precise. Right now though, I prefer the brown ones because they are a good mix for typing and gaming.

Did anyone else realize that MonoPrice could more or less cancel out the cost of giving discounts by forcing you to pay shipping on more orders? :eek:

I mean I really don't care I'm only buying a few earphones on the 31st when audio goes on sale.

When I was rewiring my house and buying tons of cabling for audio, ethernet, speaker wire, coax cable I was definitely reminded that if you don't purchase everything you need in the context of one order it can bite you very fast with respect to shipping costs from MonoPrice.

Monoprice is still really just a cable vendor for me. I have gotten iphone screen protectors also that work very well. Buyer beware always applies.

They do have excellent service tho, when my order for some Displayport cables seemed to be lost they sent replacements out via two day air, the original order eventually arrived but when I called they told me to just keep the extra cables. Might've bit on the docking station / card reader had I seen it in time. Some of their budget audio gear is real good for the money too...

And yeah they did get hacked at one point, so did Steam and a ton of other places, they notified people and did everything they're supposed to do tho. Frankly I'm waiting for the day Amazon gets hacked and the world goes apeshit over it, maybe then people will stop using the same password everywhere.

I got the keyboard from the sale. I also have a keyboard with brown switches. Comparing browns with reds there is a HUGE difference in typing (IMO).

The reds are feel really bad for typing because it doesn't have that little feedback that browns have. That little feedback makes a huge difference in typing compare to reds. Now I understand why the blues are even better for typing and its because of the feedback thing you get when pressing a key. Reds are pretty good though for gaming like SC2. I play SC2 and I feel like I hit the keys fast and precise. Right now though, I prefer the brown ones because they are a good mix for typing and gaming.

Different strokes for different folks, I have boards with reds and browns here and I barely feel the difference between them when typing quickly. To me browns feel so much closer to reds than blues... Keyboard switches is a very subjective thing.

Different strokes for different folks, I have boards with reds and browns here and I barely feel the difference between them when typing quickly. To me browns feel so much closer to reds than blues... Keyboard switches is a very subjective thing.

Definitely very subjective. I enjoy typing on Reds, but I also like typing on Blues of course (it's just the noise makes them impractical at times).

I like Browns for a variety of reasons, but I saw one fellow that didn't like them because he said they felt like "dirty" Reds to him. I can see that too.

There are very few rights and wrongs when it comes to switches. Technical details yes, but not opinions.

Back