Monitors that look as good as the 27" imac display?

I've seen it today in a store and I'm really impressed. :D

The 1440p ones or the 2,500$ all in one PC with a 5K panel? Both use use panels with Plasma Depostion Coating (info) which only Crossover (info) uses properly currently (name brand, and competiting Korean versions lack proper brightness controls and/or have horrible contrast).

...In terms of what? Pixel density?

In terms of everything? It also appeared to be perfectly calibrated without color temp being too cold or too warm. The gamma was spot on also.

So it should come with comparable factory calibration, so I don't get banned from my online games for using an external dll interceptor app to force borderless windowed mode to apply calibration.

The pixel density I couldn't care less about.

>Your choice is the Dell UP2715K.

Is it glossy? :D

The 1440p ones or the 2,500$ all in one PC with a 5K panel?

The 1440p imac. Probably not the newest one. But the reflections were minimal, so I guess it had Plasma Depostion Coating.

It really looked to me like a perfect display. The picture was just right.

This crossover looks interesting, thanks.

It really looked to me like a perfect display.

Plasma Deposition Coating along with glass covered black bezel ruins the perceived black depth (makes black look greyish and dark scenes look washed out), but it does offer the most vibrant colours.

I sold my Crossover 2755AMG with PDC and bought another glossy 2720MDP (I sold my first one to pay for the 2755AMG) since I ended up hating the greyish blacks. I kind of miss PDC now, but I don't think the increased vibrancy PDC offers is worth it, especially since they usually have light bleed in more than 2 corners. It's a shame that neither LG nor the companies which use their panels use a dark grey bezel under the glass.

Last edited:
Plasma Deposition Coating along with glass covered black bezel ruins the perceived black depth (makes black look greyish and dark scenes look washed out), but it does offer the most vibrant colours.

Well, I didn't have a chance to check the black levels.

Just watched your review, so I guess that monitor is the closest thing to the imac screen I can get. Such a shame about grayish blacks.

Last edited:
Are we talking about the Thunderbolt Display? The black levels on that thing are atrocious.

The 1440p imac. Probably not the newest one. But the reflections were minimal, so I guess it had Plasma Depostion Coating.

It really looked to me like a perfect display. The picture was just right.

This crossover looks interesting, thanks.

Go to the store again, the 5K panel is incredible.

Back