Monitor wont turn off and screensaver wont work on win 10

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Deleted member 133315, Aug 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi, as in the thread title in a clean install of win 10 and the latest nvidia drivers, my monitor wont turn off after its been idle for X amount of minutes that I set in the power savings page and also the screensaver doesnt start after a set time either.

Does anyone else suffer from this problem and if so is their a fix for it ?

Thanks in advance for any help given as this bug is really annoying me.

EDIT

Getting a little closer to solving it. I was noticing problems in device manager, when I was in DM and selected show hidden devices I noticed a pile of usb devices that said they werent plugged in ??? Anyway I decided to just unplug all usb devices except key board and mouse and bingo within a minute the monitor turns off, which was the time I had set the monitor to go off at, purely for testing purposes, once all other usb devices were unplgged the screen saver and monitor going idle now works, now herein lies the problem, I have a handful of usb wires in my hand and I dont know which one is to blame, maybe more than one is to blame, fuck knows but now atleast I have a start on how to fix this shit.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2015
  2. st4rk

st4rk Gawd

3. Thanks for the reply, I found the trouble maker, it was my saitek combat rudder pedals, I have them plugged into the front panel of the pc now and everything seems to be working.

I also tried the wake on lan thing and disabled it but had no joy with it but I like the link to your audio problem, as if the problem comesback I can try that command and override the problem, so thanks for that link ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.