Monitor won't shutdown/sleep at time set

PCMR4Life

n00b
I usually set my monitor to shutdown/sleep in 20 minutes through the windows power options. It's the one where you can set when your PC goes into sleep mode.

I tried turning the monitor off and on again. I tried restarting my PC. I even shut the PC down and turned the monitor off and disconnected the DisplayPort from my GPU and it didn't fix the issue.

It worked fine a day or so ago. It would shutdown when I set it to and when I would come back and move the mouse the display would show.

Windows 10 Home 64 bit
R7 3700X
16GB RAM
MSI RTX 2070 Super

My motherboard is a ASUS X570 TUF Gaming Plus. My monitor is a ViewSonic VP2468.

I found the answer. It was my joystick. lol

Same Joystick, the Logitech 3D Pro. I was playing FSX Steam Edition and left it hooked up. It's been refusing to shutdown since I connected the joystick. I didn't put two and two together. How could something made to work with a PC not make it work right?

Anyway just unplug your Joystick or Xbox controller and you should be fine. Your monitor will shutdown as expected.

I find it to be really stupid though. I wish MS would fix it. the MS help forum post I found was from 2015.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...pecified/51ede8de-2899-4d0c-a5cb-a45529396d2b

Back