Monitor Issue. 1/4 of screen lighter than the rest.

one swell foop

[H]ard|Gawd
I built a new computer for my dad so that he could stock trade more effectively. He had three monitors already, and I used a Radeon hd 5670 to output to all three of them. The oldest of them is a Soyo 24" that serves as the central display. A few days ago it began displaying 3/4ths of the screen darker than the top right hand corner. I tried testing the physical connections, tried different cables, and switched the DVI outputs, and the display remained the same.
I believe that it is an issue with the panel itself, but have never dealt with something like this. Has anyone else? If so, what caused the issue with your display, and were you able to fix it?

Thanks for any info or opinions.
Monitor.jpg

looks like the shadow of a PIP (picture in picture) feature.
have a look for PIP in monitor settings and try enabling/disabling.
at best, it's a wild arsed guess. perhaps the other members have a better idea to what's going on...

The soyo topaz s does not have PIP. It was a pretty bargain basement 24 monitor that broke a new price barrier when it came out. Searching around, there was one other guy that bought 14 of them for work and seven of them had issues, one of them had the same issue my dad's has, but that was out of the box. This monitor has been operating perfectly fo a number of years.

I have the same Soyo monitor.

You have High Light mode enabled.

Press the Mode button on the side of the monitor. The second button from the bottom.
Should bring the OSD. Press the + / - button to cycle thru the modes until you get to Off.

That should take care of it.

Billyb, you're the f'in man. Thank you. My dad was gonna buy a new monitor, so you saved him a couple hundred bucks. I could not, for the life of me, figure out why a monitor would do that randomly. He must have hit a button moving things around.

It's very much appreciated!

Back