Monitor desk mounts that can hold a 32" 18lb display without sagging?

viivo

[H]ard|Gawd
I just returned my third mount because no amount of tightening the tilt function could prevent it from sagging. Does anyone know of a basic desk or wall mount under $50 with tilt that stays in place?

This one does a great job holding my 40" TV on my desk. It's $77, though.

Ergotech arm

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Reactions: viivo
like this
Duronic have good stands i use this with my monitor:
Duronic DM35V2X1 Double Twin LCD LED Vertical Desk Mount Arm Monitor Stand Bracket with Tilt and Swivel (Tilt ±15°|Swivel 180°|Rotate 360°) + 10 Year Warranty https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00P1802RW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_XasPCbSXQ4N7A

Although this is rated just over 17lb my monitor is just under 15lb. You may want to look at there other models i suspect it would be fine though.

Reactions: viivo
like this
I would check out Humanscale. They list the weight their arms are designed to hold. The M8.1 and M10
can hold up to 28lbs and 40lbs respectively. They are not cheap though.

EDIT: Nevermind, you said under $50, well shoot. Might be hard to find something that hefty, that will last, for under $50.

I use an Ergotron arm at work with my 32”. Built like a tank and easy to use and live with. Looks nice too. Expensive but worth it.

The $99 Amazon arm I linked to is actually an Ergotron made arm (it says Ergotron on the box, even though the unit is branded as Amazon).

It's holding a 34" ultrawide with no problem right now.

Thanks for the suggestions. It looks like I'll have to up my budget, in which case are there any good modular mounts that can be desk or wall mounted?

Should have added - the arm I have is a “gas spring” or “gas shock” (insert flatulence joke here) type arm which is fantastic. It lets you just move the arm to whatever position you want and the it just stays there. I see several on amazon that are like that but not a branded ergotron one.

This is the one I'm using and it is top quality.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MIBN16O/

Not sure you will find anything for under $50, though.
Seems not many have caught it, but this Amazon arm is just a rebranded version of Ergotron LX arm.
Basically its the same thing also made by Ergotron, just in black, cheaper and with "Amazon"-Logo instead of "Ergotron" one.

Back