Monitor blinks for a microsecond, is it bad?

sblantipodi

2[H]4U
guys I have a serious doubt about my rig, I don't know if it depends on the GPU or the Monitor or what else.
when I connect "some things" to the PC,
a headphone, a USB gamepad, a microUSB stick, or sometimes even if I connect a USB charger to the wall near the PC socket,
monitor blinks for a microsecond, it became black for a microsecond and then return to normal.
this started happening since my new Acer XB271HK and RTX2080Ti.
it never happened before so I'm pretty worried, is there someone else with this problem?

Make sure your Display Port cable is fully pushed into the gpu.

Yes but it does it even without afterburner

I recommend opening Afterbruner, doing a full reset in it, exiting from the program and removing it. It may help because I think I have had a very similar issue to what you are having. Make sure you reset Afterburner in the program before you remove it, however, or it will not change anything.

I recommend opening Afterbruner, doing a full reset in it, exiting from the program and removing it. It may help because I think I have had a very similar issue to what you are having. Make sure you reset Afterburner in the program before you remove it, however, or it will not change anything.

done it but it isn't solved :(

If plugging in something near your PC causes it, sounds like it's definitely hardware related. If fiddling or changing the displayport cable didn't do anything, then I'd look at the power lead next. Maybe trying powering your PC and/or monitor from a different wall socket (or a different room, at least to test).

so i had pretty much the same issue that you're having using a vega 56 with two asus VG245H's,both monitors work fine using HDMI to HDMI but one monitor was overly sensitive to the HDMI to DP cables while the other one had no issues with any of the HDMI to DP cables so i don't think the issue is related to the cards specifically.. in my case i eventually figured out it was a memory stability issue, literally changed everything i could, went through 5-6 different known working HDMI to DP cables and some would make it flicker less but never went away completely.. i ended up giving up and dealt with it for about 3-4 months till one day i decided to reset my XMP settings on my memory for a totally different reason.. surprise, flickering stopped and haven't had an issue with it since even when i upgraded the board and CPU last week. why one monitor had problems with it and the other didn't i'll probably never know but they work fine now.

will that fix your problem i don't know but it might be worth a shot, other option is try to find a DP cable that's 6ft or less in length and see if that fixes it.

Back