Monitor arm for 43" TV/monitor

Mad Maxx

Supreme [H]ardness
Finally found a 43" Sony X800D to take over for my 49" KS8500 that's being transferred to full time TV duty. Anyone know of a good monitor arm for a 43" TV? I plan to rest the Sony on the desktop and support it with the arm.

I would like a monitor arm for when I get a 43" as well.

I use Innovative Office Products Model 7500-1500 arms, along with whatever adapter I need. They supposedly handle anywhere from 13.5 - 44 pounds. I originally sourced them years ago when I was using 30" 2560x1600 monitors, that very few arms could support the weight of.

When I put my new office together, I put in a slatwall rail on the wall behind my main desk, and bought some Innovative slatwall adapters that matched the specific slatwall rail I purchased. Currently have 4 arms, with 6 total monitors, hanging off of it. And in the future I can reconfigure everything with an allen wrench. It's pretty awesome.

Last edited:
Thanks for the recommendation, I've just begun looking into a multi-monitor arm myself to free up some valuable desktop space. My 34" UltraWide and my 24" 16:10 are a little....big when both in landscape.

The Humanscale M2 and M8 are good options. The Ergotron HX monitor arms would also work.

The Humanscale M2 is rated up to 20 lbs. The weight of the Sony X800D is 27.1 lbs. without the stand.

The Humanscale M2 is rated up to 20 lbs. The weight of the Sony X800D is 27.1 lbs. without the stand.

You're correct. I suggested it mostly because Commander Shepard indicated he would rest the monitor on his desk. If you want the arm to hold the monitor I would definitely spring for the M8 or another model. In particular, I would not buy a cheap arm with a rated capacity near 27lb (or whatever the weight of your monitor is) because often they will still sag or will not hold position in highly extended positions, particularly with gas piston models. I've used the humanscale models at work and can vouch for their quality (and great expense). I've heard others say nice things about the Ergotron models, but have never used one myself.

You're correct. I suggested it mostly because Commander Shepard indicated he would rest the monitor on his desk. If you want the arm to hold the monitor I would definitely spring for the M8 or another model. In particular, I would not buy a cheap arm with a rated capacity near 27lb (or whatever the weight of your monitor is) because often they will still sag or will not hold position in highly extended positions, particularly with gas piston models. I've used the humanscale models at work and can vouch for their quality (and great expense). I've heard others say nice things about the Ergotron models, but have never used one myself.
Yes! I just need an arm sturdy enough to keep the Sony upright and in place. The desk will bear the weight, not the arm.

Yes! I just need an arm sturdy enough to keep the Sony upright and in place. The desk will bear the weight, not the arm.

If you don't think you'll ever want to move the monitor around in day to day use, I would suggest getting one of the non articulating type mounts. The articulated mounts get worn out over time (either the joints wear out or the gas cylinders wear out) and could let the monitor tilt forward or rotate if the desk is bumped.

Something like the WSGF mount (minus the side arms) would work well for your use. This pole mount from the brand recommended by stewartjm looks like it would also work well.

I use Innovative Office Products Model 7500-1500 arms, along with whatever adapter I need. They supposedly handle anywhere from 13.5 - 44 pounds. I originally sourced them years ago when I was using 30" 2560x1600 monitors, that very few arms could support the weight of.

+1 on this. Also re-branded as the SAA-2415 at ergomart and other places.

I also bought mine to support a 30" apple cinema back in the day... i've had the arm for 10+ years now with several monitors and its still works great. made in USA too!

I'd recommend you get an vertical extension too, for such a big screen the bottom of the screen might be close to touching your table. It will allow you more freedom to raise or lower it as well.

Back