monitor AORUS AD27QD - short circuit and tripped breaker.

mgty23

[H]ard|Gawd
Hello. I had a good monitor AORUS AD27QD. Yesterday when i was sleep i left monitor on like always. When i woke in morning there was not power in house. Something tripped breaker/fuse.
When i turn up breaker and power back in,monitor just refused to turn on. So monitor i guess tripped breaker somehow and make short circuit.

PC starting normally. Only monitor get damaged.
During night only pc was running and monitor. Other devices was off.

Is this possible that monitor can trip breaker?

I am worried about pc.Somebody said:"Use a quality surge protector on important things and even though the PC works now it may have suffered as well and in a couple months if you experience faults you know why. "

Maybe sell pc now if i can experience faults in future?

highly doubt the monitor would of tripped it let alone tripped the breaker to the entire house.. possibly there was a power surge that caused it but no way it was the monitor. it is possible what ever did happen killed the monitor though. but it's also possible it only killed the power supply for the monitor which can possibly be replaced. either way i'd contact gigabyte if it's still under warranty and see what they have to say. as far as the system goes the likely thing to take any damage would be the power supply, rest of the systems probably fine so just keep an eye on any stability problems.

Considering all the issues you've had in the past maybe you should get the electrical in your domicile inspected. Dirty power delivery can easily kill electronics. And I would also eliminate the habit of leaving your gear turned on all the time.

I sended to rma. Here is shop RMA message:

Shop:"We repaired PSU and sending back good monitor to client"

Is this possible that psu of monitor can trip breaker then if psu inside monitor, failed?

Back