Moneygram safe for a seller?

triclops41

Limp Gawd
I have a buyer with a good Heatware rep, but he is a bit pushy, and also only wants to use Moneygram.

It seems English is not his first language, so it could all be harmless. But is there anything I have to watch out for receiving payment through Moneygram as a seller?

Money sent through Moneygram can't be refunded/returned once sent, so I don't see how there could be an issue for the seller.

I know in the past if using a payment form like this it was USPS MO or nothing. There are programs out there that can print our a real enough moneygram. If you do accept it make sure it CLEARS YOUR BANK before mailing it. Don't deposit it and then mail it same day. When it comes back as bad, your part is gone.

One nice thing about USPS MO is you can cash them at the post office, which you'd have to go to anyways to mail the package. They will give you the amount on the MO, or tell you right there that it's bad. Much safer for the seller.

OP if you don't mind sharing the buyer's name, pm me.

I say that because I sold a set of ddr4 ram not to long ago ($300) and his english wasn't very good either but was a good guy to deal with. I told him the only way to make this deal work would to use a USPS MO and he followed through. Cashed it at my bank and that was that.

As far as taking MO as a payment, just make sure it clears and make sure the buyer knows that. USPS has pretty particular water marks and a face like on a dollar bill when looked under the light. Easier to tell and just tell him to send a picture of the receipt.

MoneyGram is not a Money Order..

You actually go pick up cash at a MoneyGram location. There is zero risk.

Yea, MoneyGram is pretty straight forward, you go pick up the money and its yours.

Don't see how you could go wrong there.

Back