Monarchcomputers Lost My Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

v6maro

[H]ard|Gawd
This is an email I just wrote to them:

I would like to cancel my order.
I purchased this card thinking I would get great service and i've had nothing but PROBLEMS with you guys.
1st, the price changed, so I got it adjusted, the price should have been about ~630 with overnight shipping. I ordered the 9th @ 9am and the cards STILL has not shipped, and look at what you charged me:
5XXXXXXX4 Mar 10, 2006 ATM/POS WITHDRAWAL 03/09 MONARCH COMPUTER SY770-9398886 GA 661.05

$661!!! You guys didnt even discount it like you said you would! The price on your site was 598.98 and shipping in no WAY should be $61!!!!

Not only that, you wouldn't ship it to my address that isn't listed on my credit card, yet your competitors like newegg and tigerdirect will.

So I am sorry, you've lost a customer.

CANCEL ORDER: 0527853 NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Steve

What happened:
I ordered a eVGA 7900GTX Superclock on the 9th at 9am. The price was $625.69 + $35.36 for overnight shipping. The site stated 1-2days out. An hour later the price shows $598.98 for the same card, so I call them and have them adjust it -$27 to the price on their site, they said OK to that.
My card gets charged $661 on the 10th =\
STRIKE 1

I was then called at 5:55pm est on Friday the 10th by their credit department letting me know they cant ship my order to my ship-to addy without it being on my credit card. They said call the bank and add the addy, then call back. So I did. Guess what? Their credit department/phone system shuts off @ 6pm est, so yeah, you think maybe the CSR on the phone with me could have told me they were closing in 5 mins?????? no.
STRIKE 2

I then called and asked WHEN my card will be shipped, new answer, not 1-2 days, 4-6 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!! WTF!?!?!? I had one of the first orders in on the 9th and now you are telling me It's not going out till friday and you STILL charged me for over-night AND didn't adjust the price?
STRIKE 3

YOU'RE OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Monarch, you've lost a customer for life! CYA!

I ended up ordering the same card from Tigerdirect since newegg was out. It ships out monday to my non-listed on credit card shipping address for the same price as everyone fo $599 + S&H, so no price gouging from Monarch (they list the card on their site for 660 now). Thanks Tgerdirect!
-Steve

That's doesn't seem like a fun experience.

Why would someone put a v6 in a camaro?? :confused:

I had a v6 camaro, then bought a v8, then modded it, then ran 10's, then sold it.

sounds like an experience that could happen with any online retailer to me...

I didn't have a very good experience with them either. They had a coupon for the eVGA motherboard, it didn't say when it expired, I went to order it didn't work, I sent them an e-mail they said no its dead, then I post on hardforum about it and they say its working again after I placed my order and they won't adjust.

Haste266 said:
sounds like an experience that could happen with any online retailer to me...

I've ordered MANY items from MANY etailers, not once have I had a problem like this.

If your description of the discounting issue is correct, then you definitely deserve a refund. Additionally, no shipping calculator should be in violation of posted promotions.

If they refuse to cancel the order, call your bank and file a chargeback. Provided your description of events is accurate, they are clearly in the wrong here.

yeah they have issues. more of a they are slow as F to ship than anything else. they're pricing is ok and some of their services are cool but they need to improve.

I have had a problem with monarch all twice I tried them as a newegg alternative.
newegg has proven themselves to me and I don't consider other e-tailers. I just wait till newegg has it.

i'm having the same problems with monarch, i ordered my card on the 7th, IT HAS STILL NOT SHIPED.

yeah that's my point they're shipping dept seems overwhelmned or just high.

Did they send you an email about the name and shipping bullcrap with the credit card? That's what I got, wasn't hard to fix though. Was my first time ordering from Monarch and I have zero complaints. :)

[H]Opterown said:
Did they send you an email about the name and shipping bullcrap with the credit card? That's what I got, wasn't hard to fix though. Was my first time ordering from Monarch and I have zero complaints. :)

Yeah, I got one, AFTER they called me. Had I ordered from the egg(they were out) I would have gotten way better service I feel.

That's just wrong!! Any time I have preorder/backordered something and the price went up while I was waiting, I have been contacted to ask if I still want to get the item. They should have either honored the price they quoted you, or gave you the option to not buy the card.

On their side, they are probably overwhelmed with the number of people who want the card/number of card they are recieving and therefore had to push back the ship date. While they should have kept you better informed, delays can be totally unavoidable is many cases.

My first order from monarch was a lian li case pc-777, show up the next day even thou i had 4-5 shipping, all of this was half of what newegg's retail was.

Oh ya they shipped it to my job, which is not on my CC.

My colleagues were confused by the "snail looking device"

about strike 2,

it says clearly before you make the purchase they can only mail to address on the cc, don;t like you, you shouldn't have ordered.

creedAMD said:
That's doesn't seem like a fun experience.

Why would someone put a v6 in a camaro?? :confused:

To sell to the women, so that they can continue to make the v8

3 out of 4 mustangs are of the v6 variant.

v6maro, how old are you? i would suggest a big dose of patience. It will become your virtue.

*wait the topic title has the word suck it in it, why i even read this after that, i have no idea.*

Why should he be patient when there are dozens of other e-tailers willing to ship same day or next day, and willing to maintain functional pricing systems, in addition to prompt E-Mail support.

yeah monarch needs to get their act together when it comes to transaction times and efficiency... twice i did not have my order ship out after 4 days when my item CLEARY said 1-2 days

its odd you guys have a problem with monarch. i ordered a couple things with them and had zero problems. newegg shipping to houston is extremely slow and takes them forever to process the order but i like there prices. sorry you guys have had such problems with monarch.

Dont like it not being shipped to an address that your CC isnt? Then read before you order. They tell you that they dont. Looks like its your fault to me.

Asian Dub Foundation said:
yeah monarch needs to get their act together when it comes to transaction times and efficiency... twice i did not have my order ship out after 4 days when my item CLEARY said 1-2 days

You forgot to add, it says "usually 1-2 days".

aaronpeek said:
To sell to the women, so that they can continue to make the v8

3 out of 4 mustangs are of the v6 variant.

v6maro, how old are you? i would suggest a big dose of patience. It will become your virtue.

*wait the topic title has the word suck it in it, why i even read this after that, i have no idea.*

27, and normally I am patient, but this just ticked me off.

fallguy said:
Dont like it not being shipped to an address that your CC isnt? Then read before you order. They tell you that they dont. Looks like its your fault to me.

You forgot to add, it says "usually 1-2 days".

True, I did not see that. Had I, I would have called my bank first.

On the other hand, why did it take 2 days for them to tell me this?? Why didn't I get an email or something in a timely fashion?

It's not so bad that they wont ship to it, it's their lack of efficiency and communication that really killed this deal. I can call the egg or tiger 24x7, monarch is 10am-6est m-f, thats weak.

I still think it's funny that people EXPECT companies to ship to an address not listed on their credit card. Are you seriously so busy that your lazy ass can't call your bank's customer service line and have an address added?

The moment yoru shit comes up missing you'll be there to charge it back to their company though.

You guys have to understand no matter what kind of business you're in, there will be some unhappy customers. It would be a great world if we all got our way and nothing went wrong, but that is not reality. Just understand that these things happen. It's very unfortunate what happened, but sometimes it seems like everything goes wrong. Glad that it worked out and you found it at another e-tailer.

I Still love Monarch! I do have some tips, though.

1. More screen shots for items.
2. A 6 month no pay program (their own credit line) maybe they have that. LoL
3. Have my baby. (yeah i'm a dude, but it sounds funny)

When you ordered did they have the disclaimer that said it could take a while to ship ?

it said "Usually 1-2 days"

Now it says "Usually 4-5 days"

So I fugured i'm q'd up to have it sent out with the 1-2 day'ers, but no, they tell me it'll be 4-6 days before my card is shipped.

Monarch has the slowest shipping department ever. I've heard bad things about their customer service as well, but I have yet to deal with them.

Juic3 said:
When you ordered did they have the disclaimer that said it could take a while to ship ?

Newegg has a disclaimer too that says they don't guarantee same day shipping but they always have shipped the same day for me. Monarch has the same disclaimer but they really mean that they won't ever ship the same day.

Ive never bought from monarch, but all I have ever heard was horror stories...before the ads came it seemed like nobody here trusted monarch at all.

benamaster said:
Newegg has a disclaimer too that says they don't guarantee same day shipping but they always have shipped the same day for me. Monarch has the same disclaimer but they really mean that they won't ever ship the same day.
I have ordered things from newegg at like 4:50 and i come back and its shipped by 5:00. newegg is the shit. they also say they dont ship on weekends, but they do.

I dont even consider anywhere else usually, newegg FTW. they have never let me down, been the most reliable, so i am going to stick with them.

Monarch has always been good for me. I have bought many times from them. I have received all of my stuff within three days of ordering.

Monarch gets a thumbs up in my book.

PS,
Thanks again Monarch for the great deal on my Opty 180! :D

One last thing I like to add is that Newegg lost my business a long time ago as soon as they started charging for shipping and tax. So Newegg is always the last resort for me.

HighwayAssassins said:
before the ads came it seemed like nobody here trusted monarch at all.

QFT. Right before Christmas I ordered a CPU from them. A week later it still wasnt there. Called them and canceled the order. Called my credit card company and told them to block any charges from them. All this a week or so before Christmas. Second week of January I get a call from Monarch telling me my credit card was denied! :mad: I told that SOB right where to go and what to do with his CPU! Never will I order from there again. Honestly im not surprised about the shipping address , I dealt with that situation years ago with another company. Actually most will not ship to an address not on file with your credit card company. I simpathize though.

M11 said:
Why should he be patient when there are dozens of other e-tailers willing to ship same day or next day, and willing to maintain functional pricing systems, in addition to prompt E-Mail support.

My exact thought. Monarch isn't competitive with this slow processing and shipping. I was on hold for almost 30min while the guy checked on my order and he only checked back once to see if I was still waiting. Now newegg's hold time sucks but their online chat is great but the thing is the only time I needed to use it with newegg was because I forgot something. Newegg just does the right all of the time for me and they don't require any intervention from me. With Monarch if I wouldn't have called it would have been days before my order shipped out and the person there was telling me well it says usually meaning it can take more than 1 to 2 days because they are "busy". When you order something and use Next Day Air it should ship the same day.

We've been spoiled by newegg :D

Something that actually keeps me away from monarch is that if you want warranty(RMAs) from them you need to pay extra( Ill take neweggs RMA over a manufacturers any day), making the price the same or more than newegg, that and the bad shipping out stories of course.

Shouldnt this be in another section though ?

Heh, I did the same thing as the OP but I didn't have any problems. I bought the card on Monarch, waited... waited... emailed them and the order was canceled. I then went to Tdirect and now the card is on it's way.

I found it odd that Monarch says they have the 7900s in stock but it takes 4-6 days to ship. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back